Day 171

Day 171

A Chapter by Enigma

I was sitting in the car with Colin, who refused to tell me much of anything at all. My head was throbbing and my body felt as though someone ran me over twice for good measure with a semi-truck. We were sitting in an nearly empty parking lot with  ice cream, even though it was midnight. I hadn’t asked him how I had gotten into his car because I didn’t want to know. All I knew was I had been to the hospital on account of my bracelet left on my wrist. I slumped back into my seat and stared out the window endlessly scanning the street lights.

“Are you alright, Isabelle?” he said breaking the silence with his feeble voice. I didn’t turn to face him, and I didn’t respond to his question, afraid of what might actually come out.

“You took quite the beating to your head, but you don’t have a concussion, just some deep stitches that’ll have to be removed in a few weeks. But everything else is fine for the most part.” he started going on about the drugs the doctor had given me, and how I was lucky to have not bled out on the floor of my apartment. But he said nothing about Marc and his whereabouts.

“Collin,” I paused, chewing on my lip. My voice had sounded smaller than normal, inferior and shy as if I was meeting someone new. “Where’s Marc?” This time, I twisted my head around, my eyes staring dead into his shiny blue ones. He didn’t look away completely, but simply stared past me out the window. I watched his face morph into something of distraught tension before he turned away. Propping his elbow against the door he rested his chin against his palm and stared out the windshield silently.

“Collin, where-”

“Isabelle don’t ask me that question.” he stammered. Extending a hand he twisted the engine on and the car started to roar. “Why are you so distraught?” I asked, staring questionably at his shaking limbs. He exhaled slowly and threw a hand against the dashboard of his car, refusing to look at me. I flinched away from him defensively, my heart starting to race as my brain began to fear the worst.

“Collin… Collin no. Tell me!” I screamed grabbing his arm. “Tell me where he is! Tell me! I f*****g swear Collin… Collin please.” my voice was uncontrollably shaking as I screamed at him in between cries. Throwing my hands into his body I found myself nearly beating him hoping he would give a better response. He tried to break away from me but nothing was working. Without warning one of his wrist shot out and grabbed my arm, while his other hand peeled itself across my bare freckled cheek, leaving a greater sting than it was supposed to on my face.

He broke away for a moment, eyes wide with horror once he had realized what had happened. My face fell downwards as my body started to shake, my arm securely in his grasp I thought he was going to break something. Everything was silent as he let go, leaning back against his door I thought he mumbled something but I wasn’t sure. I didn’t want to know either, because it was probably the answer to my question.

“Isabelle? did you hear me? Is it a yes or a no?” I said furiously chewing on the edge of his tongue. Slowly pressing a finger against the blistering wound on my forehead I turned away from him shortly and curled myself into the passenger seat, trying to recall the words he had muttered seconds before.

“Do you want to see Marc, or not?” I felt his icy stare from across the dark car. Closing my eyes I pressed hand to my chest and exhaled evenly trying to correct the flow of breath into my lungs. A bit hurriedly I answered his question. knowing neither response would be a good one.



© 2014 Enigma


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on June 10, 2014
Last Updated on June 10, 2014


Author

Enigma
Enigma

SC



About
I was never meant to be, so why am I still here? more..

Writing
Tea Tea

A Poem by Enigma


Locked Locked

A Poem by Enigma