The Fascinations of Limbo #2

The Fascinations of Limbo #2

A Chapter by Enigma

I walked calmly through the near empty park, looking at the flowers, grass and different rocks. I enjoyed looking at the physical features of the world, not caring for much else. I sighed slowly trailing the path over and over, making sure I didn’t miss a single detail. Like the small bruises on the trees, the over grown roots or the soft swaying of the flowers in the well-kept gardens. The Park was perfect in my eyes and nothing would change that. I’d sit on the park bench each day and wait for someone to join me. I would wait as people walked past me with their pets and children, wondering if one of them would take a seat. I waited each day. No one bothered to even look at me.

           

I would imagine conversations with people at times. Sad conversations dealing with hardships and loss, or happy conversations filled with laughter and smiles. I’d tell stories and give my thoughts to random figures in my mind. I was fine with it but others didn’t think so. They’d give me strange looks and ask me if I was alright. I’d scowl and ignore them for a while until I was alone again. Then I’d continue my conversation until the day was over.

 

I walk home in the middle of the night while the street lamps buzzed and the road was silenced. It was perfect, nothing to interrupt my thoughts. I grinned scornfully as I looked at the quiet buildings, hearing the soft buzz of a television or the creaks of floorboards in others. My shoes would tap along the concrete smoothly making a soft noise as I walked. I enjoyed knowing I was the only one awake to enjoy the beauty the night had to offer. All  kinds of beauty.

 

Hear an ear splitting scream I stopped to listen. It grew muffled and then louder once more. It repeated for a short moment until I sighed. I crossed my arms in irritation. I hated screaming, it was the worse noise in my mind. But, it also gave me please from time to time… when I caused it. I picked up my pace slowly feeling the madness swell. Who was causing this pain? What was the reason for it? Would they get the same pleasure I would? I asked myself, breaking into a short sprint until I stopped, slowly turning towards a near ally. I had a dark grin on my face, my eyes blurred with a black hollow look of no end. It was madness.

 

I happily invited the Madness into my body, surging through my veins, taking control of my mind. My heart raced as the man watched me. He watched me with a scowl before pointing his gun towards me. Unaware of the danger I stepped forwards quickly as he pulled the trigger. I heard the loud Bang of the gun, feeling a slightly uncomforting feeling in my shoulder. I slowly turned to look at it with stiff movements, watching the crimson blood slid down my chest and arm. I shrugged before lunging towards the man.

He screamed suddenly as he collapsed onto the ground. He punched me then, roughly sending his fist into my jaw line. I flinched for a short moment before pressing my hand onto his neck, quickly grasping tightly around his throat, I thrusted his hand onto the ground several times until he was dazed. I grabbed the gun in his hand and stood quickly throwing my heel into his neck. HE coughed hard, gripping my ankle. I grinned and pointed the gun towards his head, holding it upside down. His jaw dropped in horror as I pulled the trigger, watching the bullet fly into his skull.

 

The girl was on the ground, staring at us in horror. I sighed pressing my bloody hand onto my face slowly running it downwards onto my throat. She watched me dumbfounded and petrified. She was bruised everywhere, bleeding from the side of her head. I thought quietly to myself, pacing around the dark alley before hear the faint sirens in distance. She sat up slowly and brushed her knee’s off. “T-T-Thank you…. S-Sir…. I can’t... T-“ she said trailing off. I chuckled and looked at her softly, bend down. I pressed my fingers under her chin as she winced and started to cry.

 

Without hesitation I pulled the trigger, sending the bullet into the bleeding skull of hers. She screamed for a split second, dropping backwards onto the ground. I sighed and threw the gun towards the limp ‘killer’ in the corner. I brushed off my hand slowly as a man rushed into the dark ally. I dropped onto my knees and forced false tears from my black eyes. I sighed and started to cough as ran to my side, helping me stand. “Sir! What happened? I heard gun shots?” he said loudly in alarm. I scowled at the noise level he used but tried not to show it, hearing the cops in the distance.

 

“I heard screaming so I ran down to help but she was already dead and then he shot me in reaction… I wanted to help him but he didn’t believe me and took his own life…” I hacked out in one breathe, slowly gasping. He shook his head in mourning and looked at crime scene. “I’m glad you’re alright…” he said softly, leading me away from my own crime. I was free once more. Alive to live another day, Alive to commit another crime, unaware of the danger I was in. In time I would learn the name of this danger… The danger called Cobra…

 



© 2011 Enigma


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

314 Views
Added on August 2, 2011
Last Updated on August 3, 2011


Author

Enigma
Enigma

SC



About
I was never meant to be, so why am I still here? more..

Writing
Tea Tea

A Poem by Enigma


Locked Locked

A Poem by Enigma