The Fascinations of Limbo #3

The Fascinations of Limbo #3

A Chapter by Enigma

As the dark figured vanished I sighed, feeling the pounding in my head grow with each breathe I took. I had forgotten about that day. The day I escape… It was one of my most favored days but I never thought the Cobra would take me for it. I turned around, finding everything mirrored. I suddenly felt sharp pain in my shoulder, blood dripping slowly down my arm. What was happening? I had never been in this state of madness before... The pain was more real than it ever was. I fell onto the ground, gripping my bleeding shoulder. I looked around, hearing soft whispered and hushed voices. Each voice was familiar, but I couldn’t put a face to a single one. My head throbbed as I attempted to.

 

      The night was everlasting at this point; the sky was pitch black without a single star, full of nothing. My breathing grew heavy as I crawled onto the grass in the park. The very park I had sat in days on end. The day’s end was the place I was trapped. I fell backwards and removed my hand from my shoulder, sobbing to myself. Being trapped wasn’t something I planned on happening in my life. I was perfectly fine with being in Limbo but everlasting Limbo would drive me mad. I smiled slowly at the thought of being driven mad from Limbo, for I was already mad. I loved Madness because it kept be going, it fueled my life.

 

      I chuckled and pushed myself off the ground, slowly sitting up. I broke into stick laughter, getting louder and louder as I looked around. This made no sense to me, this ‘Limbo’. How could I be swallowed up by something I was? Was it possible? I was Madness itself. I couldn’t be trapped in the Gates of Hell without my own reasoning. I got up and twirled around slowly as I laughed, watching the miss matched blurs start to form into shapes. A few buildings placed here and there. Everything was changing randomly but I had no idea why at that point. Had I said something? Where my thoughts too much for this world?

 

      I stopped my laughter suddenly being overwhelmed with anger. The Cobra was in front of me, resting a few feet away. He lashed his tongue towards me with bloodshot eyes. His skin was black and shiny in the darkness. I smiled slowly as he watched me. Letting his eyes scan my ever move. This snake was like no other. He lived to put the evil in their place. I sighed and took of my shoes, slowly removing my socks to rest my feet on the cool, shaky ground. I slowly tensed my muscles, watching him flinch. This was the day I was waiting for. It all started to make sense now. The Cobra had been waiting for me and took the advantage of the night, this was the very day the girl died.

 

      I opened my eyes slowly, feeling a sick pain in the side of my head. I looked around slowly feeling the warmth of the sun. I crossed my arms slowly pushing myself off the bed, looking around the pale white room. I grumbled and swung my feet over the side of the bed, pushing off the mattress to stand. I ran my hand over my straightened brown hair and stared at the emptiness of the room. A man soon walked in with a vile and a needle to give me my medicine. I grumbled and took it calmly before I was let out. I wasn’t happy being forced to stay in an Alyssum at night but I got to do whatever I wanted during the day.

 

I had been having the same dream each night after that. After all, being stuck in Limbo does that to a person I suppose… It wasn’t going to be the end of the Cobra and his reign but I was glad to have been another victim… 



© 2011 Enigma


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

312 Views
Added on August 2, 2011
Last Updated on August 3, 2011


Author

Enigma
Enigma

SC



About
I was never meant to be, so why am I still here? more..

Writing
Tea Tea

A Poem by Enigma


Locked Locked

A Poem by Enigma