Desperate wishes cast

Desperate wishes cast

A Poem by willweb


where, in the shadow of a winter moon beyond eternal skylines collecting stars, does affection unfold in the sheets of a nighttime whispering on the breeze desperate wishes cast as stones on a pond, smooth surfaces now laced with ripples, spherical patterns meandering towards a slumbering shoreline, drifting inward a silhouette of love, an angelic form peers, soft mahogany eyes reflecting yesterdays worries, offering visions of a tomorrow woven between today's dreams and desires, waits silently thoughts echo through the dense forest, evergreens listen as footsteps forage for a path, a lone figure in the dark, beneath a braided canopy, a mosaic of memories luring instincts and needs winding a way through bramble and thistle, scars fend off thorns, flesh withers in fear lost within the mist of past encounters, pained reminders though welcomed just the same when in a clearing he pauses amidst swaying reeds, perusing a distant horizon, witnessing the final ripple slowly making it's way to the place she stood, now vacant as a faint sliver of morning appears falling to his knees he pleads for the return of the winter moon, the return of its shadow, the return of...

© 2021 willweb


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is so wonderful, you write so well. very talented

Posted 3 Years Ago


' thoughts echo through the dense forest, ~ evergreens listen as footsteps forage for a path, ~ a lone figure in the dark, beneath a braided canopy, ~ a mosaic of memories luring instincts and needs.. '

Beautiful phrasing throughout, visuals discreetly but finely laid. Devotion, need, hope, patience.. and so much more start to finish.. ending with those near infinite four lines.

Posted 3 Years Ago


willweb

3 Years Ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to read. I am thrilled you enjoyed this.
emmajoy

3 Years Ago

I hope many more will stop, read and.. review. They should.
My friend. The words dance to meaningful words and thoughts.
"thoughts echo through the dense forest,
evergreens listen as footsteps forage for a path,
a lone figure in the dark, beneath a braided canopy,
a mosaic of memories luring instincts and needs"
I loved the above lines and the above lines stood out to me. You led the reader to the strong ending, I did like. Thank you for sharing the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 3 Years Ago


willweb

3 Years Ago

Thank you so very much for you nice comment on my poem. I am thrilled you enjoyed it.
Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

You are welcome my friend.
Wow wonderfully penned..love to read it...
Keep sharing such precious write

Posted 3 Years Ago


willweb

3 Years Ago

Thanks so much Lily
Beautiful lyrics, language, imagery. I felt it, the warmth in the sheets, the breeze, and then the chill, sorrow. Thank you willweb.

Posted 3 Years Ago


willweb

3 Years Ago

Thank you so much. I am happy you enjoyed this

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 2, 2021
Last Updated on April 2, 2021

Author

willweb
willweb

TX



About
Hi, I am willweb. Maybe you remember me and maybe you don't. I have been writing here on and off for years. I pop in and write and read and comment and make friends and learn new things. I enjoy maki.. more..

Writing
The Edge The Edge

A Poem by willweb


Cupid's Bow Cupid's Bow

A Poem by willweb



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ruined Ruined

A Poem by Natasha