chapter 5

chapter 5

A Chapter by DRAGO

Chapter 5 spark


“Huh!” gasped kyli, pure, but not unprecedented excitement in her voice “look at my new dress, look look look” she gushed “oooh, isn’t it adorable?” she said, practically jumping up and down “Say it is, say it is, say it is” her voice both rising and quickening with excitement.

“Oh Kyli, it’s beautiful” I said in a sarcastic tone. But she didn’t notice


“You think?” she said “oh I love it I love it I love it” this time she really was jumping up and down.


“And you know,” I said pausing for effect, “I’m getting the strongest message from it. It says ‘lunchtime’ ” I sang the last word in an overly sing song voice.


“Oh” she pouted. “You and your stomach.”she grumbled “With the amount you eat, you should be the size of an elephant” I am, I thought, at least in one form. “Okay fine, you go get some lunch. My refined stomach is not hungry” she announced primly. Sticking my sticking my tongue out at her as I passed, I walked stiffly passed her, heading toward the food quart.

                        * * * * *

My stomach sated, I returned to Kyli. At her side, stood Derick. “Oh, um, greet- I mean hi” I said, flustered. “Didn’t expect you hear” It was said as a statement, but it was a question.


He looked confused. “Kyli said you asked her to call me and ask me to come”he said


“I did not!” I glared at kyli, who shrunk almost into her new dress.


“I can go if you want”  he said


“No” I sighed “ It’s fine” then glancing at kyli with a sly grin across my face ”do you know where I can get something ‘really fatty, cause I’m just starving’? that’s what kyli said. There were some donuts, but I don’t think that’s what she wants, there a bit light.”


Kyli gave an indignant shriek at my words. “I did not!” she exclaimed.


Ignoring her Derek said “You could go to Walmart, and get a couple stick of butter” in a mock sirius tone. I nodded, Kyli huffed


“Good idea. You know, the more form you have, the more of it can be sharply.” derek nodded wisely in agreement. Muttering under her breath, carefully keeping her dignity, kyli puffed away.

                           * * * * *

“So… what do you want to do?” Derek asked.


“I dunno, what do you want to do? I haven't been here very long.” I reminded him


“Do you like the outside?”


“I’m game for anything” I said smiling. “We just can’t go to my house. My dad” replace dad with jerk guardian “would freak out.”


“I have a place in mind” he said already walking away. Turning around “You really do teas each other a lot, huh?” I didn’t answer

                      * * * * *

Snap! A twig cracked under my sneakers. Why were they called sneakers? They definitely weren't good at sneaking. In dragon form, I could walk on a bed of twigs, as opposed to needles, and not snap one thanks to my soft leathery feet. Once a dragon was big enough, it could step on a twig and even if it was fairly loud, it would be absorbed by the foot surrounding it. “So, where are you taking me?”


“To, um, I don’t know what to call it. It’s a big wooden building. I-”


“Oh, I saw that,” I said “It’s on a hill, right?” gosh spark, stop assessing stuff so much. It’s not like you need to know if it’s a strategically good place for a fort. It doesn’t matter if it’s big.


“I was going to say” derick continued “It is on the next hill. Do you want me to show you some wood working?”

“Yess” I said, hissing in my excitement “I’ve always wanted to make a celtic knot out of wood. The problem is, I’m terrible with wood.”


“That’s okay, I can try teach you”

It was very well built. It was like a barn without any of their usual beat up weariness, but with their majestic strength.


                  * * * * *

“So,” said Derick “ you wanna carve a celtic knot?”


“Ooh, definitely” I said.


“Okay. First you need to draw the design on your wood.” he said, handing me a board from his work bench. “A celtic knot is just a bunch of strips going over and under each other. Here.” he handed me a pen.






I’m not gonna pretend I was an expert at would working, but I certainly was much better now. He was definitely good with wood. “I’m gonna stay here and work on the building a little more, can you find your way back?”

“Sure can, unless you want to escort me?”ugh, I don’t know why I said that.

He smiled “No, I’m fine”

“Thanks for the woodworking class” I called. Turning away, I started walking down the trail. The pine needles rustled, growing louder in the growing wind, or was it just the hush of all other sounds? Stop that, I scolded myself. Even if there was somebody dangerous out here, “All sounds” wouldn't hush just so they could make a dramatic entrance. There wasn’t a weather dragon out to get me, so it must be nothing. I tried to whistle, but my lips were to dry. The sun fled behind a cloud, apparently unaware of it topping off the perfect dramatic entrance for a murderer or kidnaper. A twist in the path revealed, painfully slowly, a foot, sitting alone on the ground, apparently without a body to go with it. A pool of red surrounding it, the tips of the red laces curling up at the end. Its independance soon disintegrated a single foot sitting of the ground turning into a single figure sitting on a rock, spotlighted by a beam of sunlight poking through the trees. I nearly jumped out of my skin. Or rather, into my dragon one.  
“Oh, don't be so scared. I'm not a monster, or a witch.”
You are a, you are a young dragon.” I stammered, unconsciously switching back to Formal Spark. “Yes, And I want to teach you something. I want to teach you magic.”

“Magic, howe’d you know I can use magic? You can’t sense that along with dragon aura, can you?”

“Simple, I can use magic.”

“But then dwertwu knows?”

“No, no” she scoffed “I’m not- I wouldn’t tell DWRTW.”








© 2016 DRAGO


Author's Note

DRAGO
pleas coment, sugest, even if you don't finnish it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The introduction of the shadowy figure at the end seems a bit abrupt. Maybe you could draw that out and make it more dramatic - plus, I'd think Spark would be pretty suspicious of her, and less willing to talk to her at first. I love Spark's comments about sneakers not being sneaky and her not being good with wood. Her random thoughts are hilarious.

Posted 7 Years Ago


DRAGO

7 Years Ago

ya, but the other perseon is a dragon, and all dragons, at least she thinks, are with dwertwu. also,.. read more
I see some missing capitalization and commas, but that is it. So good job and keep working on this!

Posted 7 Years Ago


DRAGO

7 Years Ago

thanks 0000

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 20, 2016
Last Updated on July 31, 2016
Tags: dragon book, chapter, dragon, amazing, cool, book, fiction, 5, interesting, spark


Author

DRAGO
DRAGO

About
school is started, so I may not be on much that includes read requests I am changing my name to DRAGO if you have time please do and share this pole https://goo.gl/WP4ztm I'm awesome, I .. more..

Writing
Grave revenge Grave revenge

A Screenplay by DRAGO


screams screams

A Poem by DRAGO