chapter 7

chapter 7

A Chapter by DRAGO

Chapter 7 micci

It had taken all my inner resolve to act as boldly as I did. Normally I was very shy. But she needed to think I was a strong minded. This would never work if she was dominant over me. I didn’t even have an age advantage! At least not much of one. Can you imagine a teacher whose only 5 years older than you? But this was still not over, we were just relocating. Swooosh, swoooosh. “Where are we going?” the voice was, let's just say, not timid.

“Do a place where we can train. We are almost there” entering a small, but long, rise, clear of trees, the long tall grass blowing in the wind, I couldn’t help but feel uneasy. Was this the right perseon. Don’t question yourself. You have to do it, for kagen. “Follow me” I ordered, trying to make my voice flat, unemotional. Such a tone would match with the tone of her instructors, a voice she was used to following the orders thereof, although, knowing what I did of her, not willingly. Or for that matter, without protest. Walking toward a crudely built hut, I opened the door and stepped inside. “Sit down” I said, gesturing at one of the benches, sitting down opposite the one indicated.

“I think I’d rather stand” she said stiffly.

“Ok. So, tell me what you know of magic.”

“Um” I said reflection how I didn’t even know that “word” until coming here “Well, there are three things you can do with magic. Create matter, a special material of a color unique to each dragon, the strength is controllable, but stronger magicians can make stronger stuff. destroy that matter, and imbue certain powers or likenesses into an object, it can be far away, but you need to be able to see it. For example, you could make a cloud usually rain on one building, you’d just need to know how. You can also do this with an area.”

“Good. Now, lets see what you can do with the ophius matter. That's the name of the substance.” She her eyes, a look of concentration hardening her face. A violet tendral poked out from the ground. I poked it, and it shattered. Her eyes flew open.

“Hey! What was that for”

Momentarily taken aback, I had to make a conscious effort not to say sorry, I shouldn’t have done it.

“Is that really the best you do?” I scoffed “well I guess they didn’t train you to try, or at all” The taunt worked. This time scowling as she concentrated, a tendral came out, faster, more aggressively. I kicked at it. The ophius surrounded my boot, effectively paralyzing it. A second one, green, the color of my dragon, shot out, and shredded hers. “Better” I said, attempting to sound grudgingly impressed instead of in awe.

Another tendral fought it’s way out of the dirt, turning into a crystal shape, gaining solidity until it looked real. I picked up a pebble and dropped it on it. It shattered into a million crystal shards. She glared, and if looks could kill, I would be a fine layer of ash on the ground, still gently steaming. It was good they could not kill. ”We will practice, then work on the other 2 skills.” I had her do a series of exercises, maneuvering multiple aphio blobs simultaneously, and in different directions. “So,” I said in a nonchalant voice, at least that’s what I hoped it sounded like, “Make this rock charmed so that it hits the wooden spoon when you throw it.”

She wave her hand mystically “It is done” so she had a sense of humor. I had to work hard not to laugh. Oh, she might have been testing me to see if I wasn’t who I let on. I needed to be more carfull. Spark threw it at the other side of the wall. Curving back, it came right towards the spoon. She had some sirius talent. Her orphius matter probably could've taken a baseball if I hadn’t severely undone it. Then, it curved back and hit me in the belly. This time it was my turn to glare at her. She looked incently at me, but in her eyes you could see a fiery mischievous spirit. Strong, and very hard to break. “Okay, I think you've got the hang of that. More later. I believe it’s almost 5:00. And don’t tell your instructor about this. HE doesn’t need to know.



© 2016 DRAGO


Author's Note

DRAGO
comment on story, not grammer or spelling

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The magic is interesting, and the interactions between Spark and the narrator are funny. I'd slow it down, though. Draw out the action - that way, it makes more sense, and there's more time to enjoy what's going on.

Posted 7 Years Ago


DRAGO

7 Years Ago

thank you!
Haha I understand the character because once I taught my mean intimidating cousin how to use a fishing rod, and I wanted him to know that I was good at it, but since he was only one year behind me, it was hard acting tough.

Posted 7 Years Ago


DRAGO

7 Years Ago

hey you read 7!
Weirdly I feel like video game your story lol it's good keep it up okay red dragon buddy!

Posted 7 Years Ago


DRAGO

7 Years Ago

did you read my limerick, its in a reading request
Pink Pastel

7 Years Ago

Oh imma check it out okay
DRAGO

7 Years Ago

:):):):):):

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 22, 2016
Last Updated on July 31, 2016
Tags: dragon book, chapter, dragon, amazing, cool, book, fiction


Author

DRAGO
DRAGO

About
school is started, so I may not be on much that includes read requests I am changing my name to DRAGO if you have time please do and share this pole https://goo.gl/WP4ztm I'm awesome, I .. more..

Writing
Grave revenge Grave revenge

A Screenplay by DRAGO


screams screams

A Poem by DRAGO