chapter 9

chapter 9

A Chapter by DRAGO

Chapter 9 derick

7 years ago




Ratatatatatatatata went the fire of machine guns as a girl jumped out the large oak even as scales slid over her expanding, she was now a purple dragon! Soaring out of the tree it screeching, flying away from the commotion. My face went white. I was 9 years old. You could say I wasn't ready to see people trying to kill each other. I ducked behind the tree that was serving as my cover. I had been exploring the woods, bored out of my mind. Then this had happened. I had ducked behind the tree, terrified. This must be hexanite, the organization that supposedly haunted evil dragons, no one believed them. I hadn’t believed them until now.

“We lost it, search the area” ordered a tall man who seemed to be in charge. I scampered off, as quietly as I could. I would go to my secret spot and hide. A terrible thought loomed in my mind. For the last couple of weeks, mysterious nests of leaves had appeared in my secret place, far too big to be a birds nest. Could this have been the dragon? No, it was to secret. I hurried over to it. My “Secret place” was a small clearing surrounded with those tall pine bush things. The clearing was roughly circular, around 50 by 50 feet, and in it’s center, a small pool lined with stones. I know this doesn’t sound natural, and that’s because it isn’t. I’d made it. Sitting by the pool, licking it’s wounds was the dragon as I pushed past the tree, it looked up fear in it’s eyes. “Please don’t tell them” it pleaded in a small voice, violet eyes watering like they were about to let loose a flood. “I’ve never done anything to you” Now this was a conundrum. It seemed nice, but dragons were evil. “I, I don’t know” I stammered suddenly I came to a decision. Well, it probably wouldn’t live long with all those bullets in it.

“Quick, go” I told it. It looked at me gratefully, then ran and flew off.

“Hey you, what do you think you're doing, letting a dragon go!” said an accusing voice, making me start guiltily.

“It wouldn’t have live long anyway I said, turning to see the speaker. He was a soldier.

“Yes it would, those bullets barely scratched it. You are evil and stupid” he said in a disgusted angry voice. He reached forward to slap me.

“Jent, stop you idiot” said the voice of the captain “He’s just a boy, see your making him cry” but Jen didn’t hear, or if he did, he didn’t listen. The back of his gloved hand whistled toward my face. A green wall slammed up between us, his hand bouncing off it even as it smashed to pieces.

“You're getting soft hearted” mutter Jent.

“I didn’t do it” said the commander. They both turned to me. “This one is special” he said. “Common, I’ll take you home.                             * * * * *


I woke up, the dream still vivid in my mind. Purple eyes…. But it wasn’t just a dream. I realised now that it was a memory. I’d thought it was a dream back when I still believed dragons were as fake as hexanite’s goal. Glancing at my watch, I decided to have a late lunch first. I hadn’t visited my special place in forever. Gosh that was a stupid name. I should go check it out.



© 2016 DRAGO


Author's Note

DRAGO
faunt size was glitching

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on July 24, 2016
Last Updated on July 31, 2016
Tags: dragon book, chapter, dragon, amazing, cool, book, fiction, 5, interesting, sparkssand


Author

DRAGO
DRAGO

About
school is started, so I may not be on much that includes read requests I am changing my name to DRAGO if you have time please do and share this pole https://goo.gl/WP4ztm I'm awesome, I .. more..

Writing
Grave revenge Grave revenge

A Screenplay by DRAGO


screams screams

A Poem by DRAGO