New Girl In School

New Girl In School

A Chapter by Ayanna

Once when I was younger, I was the new student. At the ripe age of seven years old, I had made the thing one would call an enemy.

 

Oh but it wasn’t the ordinary kind. No, I was the enemy of the cutest boy in second grade.

 

His name was Julio Gonzalez.

 

Probably the most handsome eight years old I had ever met. Eyes rimmed with green but with a Caribbean blue center. His black curly hair was even cuter. He had way too many Spanish heritage going on his background. Too bad I was focused on cooties to appreciate what he had to offer.

 

Back to the point, Julio was the vain of my existence after I found out that his good looks were the only good thing about him.

 

It was when I was first introduced to Mrs. Jelly’s second grade class as the Hawaiian native that he started his dislike for me.

 

“Being from Hawaii isn’t that cool.” He said cockily.

 

I raised an eye brow at him before looking to my teacher.

 

Ignoring the teachers confused stare, I went up to him with a big smile on my face.

 

My short ink black hair was in a high ponytail, and my sun kissed skin was nothing in comparison to his own olive tone as I leaned across his desk.

 

“Hey… do you like chicken or beef?” I asked innocently. It was a simple question the males asked others who looked weak and pompous.

 

He looked at me curiously before smiling and said, “Beef. It’s ten times better then chicken.”

 

Now, I being from the island, I hadn’t known city people didn’t understand our kinds of threats and so on.

 

So imagine his surprise when my tiny little fist smashed into his face.

 

I can assure you, it was then and there ¾ the girl population of Johnny Seed Elementary swore to make me their enemy for the rest of their pathetic lives. It was also then and there I met my bffltdup, Trisha Jong, a very enthusiastic half American half Korean girl.

 

“It’s a pity that being Spanish is Just as boring now.” I said with my nose in the air.

 

Mrs. Jelly was stuck between fainting and sending me to the principal’s office for violence.

 

Either way, I never got in trouble.

 

The new kid excuse was always a lovely thing on the first day.

 

 



© 2012 Ayanna


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

pretty good, i must say. i'd love to see where this story goes. keep it up!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 13, 2012
Last Updated on November 13, 2012


Author

Ayanna
Ayanna

Miami, FL



About
To me, writing isn't a hobby or a game. It's my lifestyle. Writing is my escape from reality. One I make up, not given to me. And nothing or no one will take it from me. I started because I wanted to .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Ayanna