10th Grade

10th Grade

A Chapter by Ayanna

I walked to my English two honors class with a skip in my step. My black locks bouncing with each little jump on back. In my arms I held the script for my drama role and the DVD for my new dance role. Mr. Jack said my potential as an actress and dancer were phenomenal and that I should try out for both teams.

 

Either one I ended up joining wouldn’t matter. As long as I could dance or act I was happy. Maybe dance a little bit more than acting, but that was my native Hawaiian in me thinking.

 

Once in the classroom, I took my respective seat in front of Trisha. Her tenth grade style was traditional straight black hair with red highlights , but it contradicted with her ice blue contacts. Her ears still had many earrings but she looked like the same

Trisha I’d known for years. She was completely one with her kindle as her eyes scanned over every word, letter, and symbol.

 

“Trish.” I called out quietly.

 

“Hm?” She hummed obviously hearing me.

 

“Guess what?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Guess!”

 

“Plbsbs…” was her completely focused reply.

 

“Don’t you use your distractive gibberish on me!” I reprimanded

 

“Ugh! What woman!?” She asked irritated. Her ice blue contacts were on fire as they glared at me harshly. Her small pale nose flared furiously.

 

Obviously I was interrupting a good part… I mused.

 

“Mr. Jack is going to let me try out for the schools Drama and dance team!” I exclaimed unable to keep the grin off my face.

 

It took Trisha a whole 30 seconds before she switched her kindle fire off and glued her eyes to the things in my arms.

 

“Gimme!” she commanded.

 

I happily complied. My good mood going higher and higher as she looked at the DVD and scanned the script. Her eyes widened by practically meters when she saw the personal note Mr. Jack had wrote himself.

 

“… I’m soooo proud of you!” She squealed in delight.

 

I felt my face heat up and the appraisal. While I was good at dancing, it was Trisha who wanted to make a major out of it, so hearing her say that made me extremely happy.

 

“So Mr. Jack let your clumsy *ss try out?” A scratchy voice commented.

 

I didn’t even have to turn around to know who it was. Trisha’s stank face said it all.

 

“Oh hello, Lindsey.” I drawled.

 

“Whatever. Like I was saying, why would he let you try out, when he wouldn’t even let moi try out?”

 

“Maybe it’s because you have two left feet, and the acting of a special patient?” Trisha mumbled loudly.

 

“Excuse me?” She gasped.

 

Trisha’s large brown eyes widened further, “Uh… um”

 

“How dare you!”

 

I finally decided to face the girl and blanched at her outfit.

 

Her bleached blonde hair was curled to perfection and her face was covered in make-up. She wore a tight short pink top and you could clearly see her stuffed bra. The fact that her shorts were to disgraceful to all shorts didn’t even phase me even more.

 

“Lindsey… Still stuffing your bra’s in high school? With your money one would think you’d have had surgery for implants by now…” Trisha mused aloud once again.

 

“I wish… They said I was too young for the surgery-”

 

She stopped talking the moment she saw my astonished and Trisha’s disgusted face.

 

Trisha and I never thought about such things. For some reason, we were both blessed with the Thunder Tits.

 

“I mean… How dare you!” She screeched.

 

“Will you shut up?” Growled Julio, whom had just walked in.

Lindsey instantly placed on her flirtatious smile. I resisted the urge to jump her as she attached herself to the (unfortunate) love of my life. “Julio!” She screeched,

 

“Thank you for trying to help me shut those-”

 

“I was talking about you.” He dead panned, “Your voice is unbelievably scratchy.”

I held back a smirk as he snatched his arm back. I unconsciously licked my lips as my eyes traveled up his biceps in his tight white v-neck. His long legs carried him toward his assigned seat beside me. I couldn’t help but notice how sexy his hair looked combed back…

 

“Girl! Stop staring. You’re drooling!” I heard Trisha hiss in my ear.

 

If possible, my face felt like it was on fire. Let me clarify, after the incident in eighth grade when I found out I like Julio Gonzalez, I had been very unlady like about showing my feelings. I would trip, or hurt myself when he was near or I would do or say something stupid.

 

“Shut up…” I mumbled.

 

“What?” I looked behind me and found Julio looking at me with his sharp Caribbean blue eyes.

 

“Uh… um… Nothing.” The hell?, “I thought Trisha was behind me…”

 

A smirk lit his face, “She moved to beside you. Something about needing to see over your big head.”

 

That heffa! She’s taller than me!

 

It took me .5 seconds to realize his insult.

 

I bristled, “That’s rich coming from the b*****d with the huge a*s ego!” I whisper yelled.

 

I true bright smile slithered onto his face, “There we go. That’s the Leilani I know.”

 

“Wh- what?”

 

“You’ve been weird around for the longest time. It bothered the crap out of me. You better not be falling for me. I trust only you and Jong when it comes to being friends who are girls. You don’t drool over me.”

 

It felt like my heart had been shot.

 

His trusting smile sent another bullet through me.

 

On the inside, I was preparing to cry my heart out. On the outside, I faked a grimace and stuck up my nose.

 

“No way would I ever like you like that Julio.”

 

For a split second, sadness flashed through his eyes before it was gone, “That’s the just way I like it.”

 

“Ok class!” Mrs. Masters spoke, “Let’s get started. Take out the yellow text books and flip to the story on Julius Caesar. We shall take turns popcorn reading.”

 

Begrudgingly, I turned back around and grabbed the book from under the desk.

 

A small piece of neon pink paper flew onto my desk.

 

I raised a single eyebrow and looked to Trisha. She hastily made the ‘open it’ motion before flipping through the book for Julius Caesar.

 

What happened? Her not so elegant hand writing read.

 

I sighed, I was rejected without even having to say anything.

 

I flicked the paper back and looked away as her eyes didn’t even reread the sentence before her left hand started to scribble something.

 

What’d he say?!

 

He said that he’s glad you and I don’t drool and fawn over him. We’re the only girls he trusts and likes enough to hang out with basically.

 

THAT B*****D! No wonder he can’t have steady girlfriend! He doesn’t understand a girls feeling’s!

 

… it’s cool. I’m just going to be his friend and find someone waaaaay better.

 

A visible grin crossed Trisha’s features as she read my note.

 

^_^ You do that girl! I’ll hook you up!

 

Lol. I’d rather find a guy on my own.

 

“Pop Corn… Leilani.” Francesca, an acquaintance of mine, called out. She had a teasing smile on her face.

 

Someone knew I wasn’t paying attention…

 

A note came flying over my shoulder and my eyes widened. I opened it and rose an eyebrow at what it read:

 

Page 450, Line 35

 

I immediately recognized the writing as Julio’s.

 

I smiled and looked for the exact position.

 

Maybe being his best girl friend won’t be so bad.

 

When I finished reading, I said, “Pop corn Trisha.” And she didn’t fail to glare at me harshly before sitting up to read fluently.

 

She causally flicked a paper to me but I ignored it as I wrote Julio’s reply.

 

Thx! >.< I was lost! Using my ninja skills, I folded it and tossed it over my shoulder super lightly.

 

I then opened Trisha’s, Suit yourself love -.-

 

I shall! :P

 

I flicked it back over to Trisha’s desk and focused on the story. Betrayal, loyalty, romance, power… blah blah blah…

 

You’re welcome Ms. I don’t pay attention

 

Before I could write a reply, the bell rung and everyone stood up.

 

Trisha, like a panther, pounced onto my arm and dragged me out of the classroom.

 

“Man hunting time!” She exclaimed.

 

“It better be for Lei.” A deep voice said from behind us.

 

Trisha froze before smirking at the voice, “Of course it’s for me. God knows my man doesn’t love me.”

 

A tall, tan, lean, and toned teenage boy stood behind us with a black Jansport lazily hanging on one shoulder. His brown locks were short and fresh as though he had got a new hair cut. His green eyes were iredescent as they stared at Trisha in her black off the shoulder top and her grey ripped skirt. Her black stockings were clearly visible and her brown leather lace up boots completed her whole ensemble.

 

Nathan rubbed his hand through my hair affectionately before he shoved it in his jeans pocket as his right hand took Trisha’s left and stuffed it in his jersey pocket.

 

“Where are you fine ladies heading now?” He asked.

 

“Well since it’s time for third period, we ALL are heading to Mr. Rodriguez.” I said shuddering.

 

The man was our Pre-calculus honors teacher and lord knows he was terrible. One moment, you see a simple function rule on the pristine white board, you blink, and the man has already pulled thousands of numbers out of his Spanish a*s. It was unreasonable and unfair. Everyone barely passed his class and we are not allowed to switch out. Thank god Trisha’s part Asian so her parents taught her before hand or Nathan and I would be failing terribly.

 

“Oh god. I hate him.” Trisha groaned.

 

I was about to reply when I bumped straight into someone. We both fell over, me dropping my try-out forms and him his books. From the amount of books he was carrying, he was most likely a new kid.

 

I instantly bent down to pick up my papers.

 

“I’m soo sorry!” I exclaimed embarrassed.

 

I looked up and his blonde highlights hit me first. His hair color was obviously black, but the highlight caught my attention.

 

A further observation pointed this guy out to be of Indian descent.

 

I held back a blush as his green eyes stared at me in… awe?

 

Before I could introduce myself, his hand was stretched out.

 

“Rasheed Dawn. Junior age 17. Aspiring to be a Psychologist. Hate drugs, and cigarettes. Most Important? Single.” He said with a grin on his face. I could feel

Trisha’s urge to do the happy dance as I took his out stretched hand.

 

“Leilani Edmund. Sophomore age 16. Aspiring to be a Physician. Likewise, I hate drugs and cigarettes. Most important? I am most definitely completely free.” I said with a flirtatious smile on my face. I had no idea I could do the flirt smile.

 

I knew for a fact that Trisha was resisting the urge to jump up and down with pride.

I rummaged my bag for a pen and managed to write my number down on a piece of paper.

 

“Call me when you’re free.” I said. I stood up and dusted the imaginary dust from my tights and straightened my over sized purple lace shirt.

 

With more grace than I thought I had, I grabbed my book bag and walked to m building for my third period.

 

Behind me, Rasheed was smirking at my number.

 

Trisha finally caught up with me when she asked, “What the hell was that?”

 

“… I honestly don’t know.”

 

She looked ahead and shook her head, “Either way. You’re a lucky girl Lei! That boy was drop dead sexy. Did you see his eyes?”

 

I looked to her and we did the squeal.

 

“I saw! They were like emeralds girl!! Emeralds!”

 

“Ahem?”

 

We looked back to Nathan.

 

Oh, but y’know. My type is the sexy white boy type…” Trisha brushed off.

 

“Mhmm.” Nathan said. Trisha smiled innocently and skipped up the stairs to M building.

 

“Why are you skipping?” I asked.

 

“Because my bffltdtup is growing up!” She exclaimed

 

I rolled my eyes and smiled.

 

“Whatever…” I mumbled blushing. She giggled and took my hand and Nathan’s.

 

Soon we were pushing the slow a*s freshman from or oath and blatantly ignoring the seniors.

 

Secretly, I reveled in the fact that some guy took an interest in me as well. Being given attention by a handsome guy who knew what he wanted was… exhilarating.

 

For once, I was confident and enthusiastic.

 

Not ditsy and a blushing fool.

 

I have a good feeling about this.



© 2012 Ayanna


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on November 13, 2012
Last Updated on November 13, 2012


Author

Ayanna
Ayanna

Miami, FL



About
To me, writing isn't a hobby or a game. It's my lifestyle. Writing is my escape from reality. One I make up, not given to me. And nothing or no one will take it from me. I started because I wanted to .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Ayanna