Chaper 1 - Net's Park

Chaper 1 - Net's Park

A Chapter by Anya
"

Was I doomed to walk this lonely planet forever more?

"

Charlie
My heart throbbed and my tummy was turning. I wanted to scream with delight but I also wanted to vomit. My whole body shook from, was it fear? Or sheer pleasure? The wind whipped my hair back as I fell through it. The rush of daring thrilled every part, every atom of my body. Falling through nothingness… it was indescribable. I felt free, freer then I had felt in years. In control of nothing. Nothing… that was a frightening prospect, yet it made me laugh out loud. It didn’t matter anymore. I didn’t care. I gritted my teeth, suddenly realising how cold the air was, I was shaking. What was I doing? I grimaced as it dawned on me. I tried to yell for help, but my lips wouldn’t part and no one would be able to hear me, no one could help. Tears leaked out of my eyes but they were snatched up by the roaring wind. I counted the last few seconds in whispers before I hit the ground. What a way to die, eh?

Jessica
I saw him standing in the middle of the park. It was absolutely chucking it down. You could hardly see there was so much rain. He had his face tipped slightly upwards, towards the dark grey sky that stretched overhead. He had his eyes closed and his lips were parted in a frown. He was scarily pale, his skin a light creamy grey. His dark hair was plastered to his skull.
"Nutter" I murmured as I raced past him, clutching my umbrella and I could have sworn I heard a deep, throaty laugh. But when I turned round he was no longer there, perhaps hidden by the glittering rain. I shook my hair and carried on. That was Sunday night.

 

Charlie:

I’m in Net’s park… what am I doing here? I’m not supposed to be here… I’m dead for crying out loud!! I scrambled up, out of the soaking grass; it wasn’t half raining, and scrambled down the bank. Yep, definitely Net’s park. I stared around, only now the strangeness of everything washing over me. I spotted an old woman sheltering from the rain under a group of trees and walked over to her.

“Excuse me?” I asked “Where am I?”

She didn’t even blink. Maybe the old girls deaf I thought.

“Excuse me?” I tried again a bit louder, stepping directly into her vision “Where am I?” she just sighed and checked her watch. She couldn’t see me. I waved a hand in front of her face, nothing. I put out a hand to touch her shoulder, it sailed right through it. I yelped and drew my hand back. She didn’t even blink. I staggered backwards, my heart thudding. I walked in a daze into the centre of the park, I’m a ghost… I must be… Something squeezed my heart. I let the rain claim me, tipping my face to the darkened sky and suddenly I thought of my mother. My lovely, caring mother… I sniffed and forced myself to think of other things, frowning as I did so. Suddenly someone rushed past me, I could feel their eyes on my back.

“Nutter” They muttered. It was a very quiet female voice, no more then a soft whisper but I heard it and chuckled. Then started, she could see me. I whipped around to stare at her back, hidden by the rushing rain. She also glanced over her shoulder; a puzzled frown crossed her face before she rushed on shaking her head. That was Sunday night.

 

Jessica

Ugggh… Monday… I hate Monday. I groaned and rolled out of bed, chucking the alarm across the room as I did so. The batteries fell out. I smiled. Sweet revenge.

 

Charlie

I had to try a few more people, just to make sure. I selected my victim then started yelling in their ear or jumping in front of them. It didn’t work. They couldn’t hear or see me. How the girl had seen me, I did not know.

I wandered around aimlessly, trailing after random strangers…because that’s what ghosts do, right? But I soon got bored of it. Was I doomed to walk this lonely planet forever more? I was still exactly how I was before. I could still feel the cold at night, still felt hungry, tired. But I just couldn’t be seen… or heard for that matter. I was lonely. Time seemed to pass slower then normal. It was only a few days but it felt like weeks… years even. Then it suddenly occurred to me! There must be more… ghosts I mean… I couldn’t be the only one…



© 2009 Anya


Author's Note

Anya
I don't normally like doing long storys but I will give it a go. Im 13 with baaad spelling and grammar. Thank you for your time.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
(:
Wow... Awshome, it's good. I'm guesiing Charlie commited suicide? And Jessica can see ghosts! :o

Posted 15 Years Ago


I'm really intrigued as well. I like how you've set up your story. With Charlie and Jessica, cutting it into parts.
Really creative, nice job.

Posted 15 Years Ago


What a great intriguing story! You have a wonderful, imagination and talent. You have set the scene so vividly that it draws me in, so I feel like I am there, witnessing it all. Very nicely done! I can hardly wait to read the next chapter.



Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 4, 2009
Last Updated on April 13, 2009


Author

Anya
Anya

The UK



About
Well.... My name's Anya... that's a start. I love spiders, heights and physics.... yeeeeeah, I don't really! I can't stand spiders or heights or..... I have a distinct passion against physics (don'.. more..

Writing
Andrew Andrew

A Story by Anya


Forever Never Forever Never

A Story by Anya