Chapter 6 - Details

Chapter 6 - Details

A Chapter by Anya
"

He puts out a hand and brushes my cheek with his index finger...

"

Jessica

“Bus she didn’t want to know any… details. Like how I could see you or how you knew me or… anything like that. She just took it once…” A small smile forms on my lips “Once you push me away.” Charlie nods, looking out the window. He seems hardly aware of me.

“She’s like that… face value if you know what I mean?” I nodded, even though I didn’t “She just accepts things, but at the same time doesn’t” I nod again. Charlie sighs. I can’t help but notice the way he runs his hand through his hair.

“What’s wrong?”

“I just… well… sometimes I wish I hadn’t jumped… well, not just sometimes.” Then he looks directly at me. His electric blue eyes staring deep into mine “But then… then I remember… you” I blink and feel myself going crimson, I glance at the ground then sneak a peak behind my lashes. He’s still watching me. I draw in breath, hoping that the colour will fade from my face. I look up again. He’s still watching me. He puts out a hand and brushes my cheek with his index finger, curling it into his hand, letting his palm cup my face for a moment before taking his hand away. I shiver. We’re both looking into each others eyes. I should look away but… I can’t. Suddenly I can hear my mum’s footsteps coming up the stairs. We both jump, the spells broken. I reach out for a book lying on my bed and open it at a random chapter. Charlie backs into a corner just as my mum bursts in.

“Mum, what did I tell you about knocking, you always-” I say but I get no further.

 

Charlie

I jump just as Ms Allen bursts into the room. I’m feeling distinctly annoyed. Jessica starts to say something but stops. Ms Allen’s eyes are rimmed with red, their blood shot. Tears are streaming down her face. She’s sobbing. Properly sobbing.

“Mum!” Jessica screams jumping up and rushing towards her “What’s wrong?! Mum, speak to me!! Have you hurt yourself?” Jessica’s hands are tight around her mum, protecting her.

“Your dad” Ms Allen gasps “Your dad. Car accident.” Then she collapses onto the bed, unconscious. Jessica glances desperately at me, willing me to do something. Anything.

“Charlie!” She yells “Help me!” But I can’t do anything. I’m just a ghost. I gesture helplessly at her. “Stay with her” She whispers before sprinting downstairs. I hear her on the phone, talking to the 999 (911) people. I stoop down on the bed. She should be in the recovery position. My hearts thudding. I need to do something. I need to. I try to turn her on her side. My head’s spinning. She needs help. I put out my hands and roll her body on its side, pushing her hands into the right position. She coughs and opens her eyes.

“Who’re you?” she whispers in a low groan. I stare at her. Stare at my hands. Suddenly I realise what I’ve done. I touched her.

“You can see me?” I ask totally perplexed. She doesn’t answer but closes her eyes. I hear Jessica returning.

“An Ambulance is coming” Is all she can say before kneeling by her mum’s side. She suddenly sees the recovery position “Did you…?” She leaves the question hanging.

“I don’t know how.” Jessica stares at me then remembers her mum, she smooths her hair, stroking it. Jessica’s crying, her shoulders are shaking, tears sliding down her face. I kneel down beside her and put one arm around her waist, one around her back, hugging her to me. I suddenly realise what i've done. It wasn't a conscious decision. I talk to her quietly, trying to calm her down. We sit comfortably, she’s still crying but her heart beat’s slowed. A sudden knock at the door makes us jump, the ambulance.



© 2009 Anya


Author's Note

Anya
Thank you for reading :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow this just keeps getting better and better the more you write. I am very impressed.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 17, 2009
Last Updated on April 20, 2009


Author

Anya
Anya

The UK



About
Well.... My name's Anya... that's a start. I love spiders, heights and physics.... yeeeeeah, I don't really! I can't stand spiders or heights or..... I have a distinct passion against physics (don'.. more..

Writing
Andrew Andrew

A Story by Anya


Forever Never Forever Never

A Story by Anya