Red Dead Online: ‘Further Pursuits: The Next Steps’ Treasure Vault Guard Loyalty Mission 2 – Derek

Red Dead Online: ‘Further Pursuits: The Next Steps’ Treasure Vault Guard Loyalty Mission 2 – Derek

A Chapter by Yangy
"

The script for a proposed "Loyalty Mission" for a Treasure Vault Guard as a part of my "Further Pursuits: The Next Steps" concept for Red Dead Online.

"

Open in the Treasure Vault. The host player is inspecting some of their treasures when they are approached by Derek Kyle.


Derek: Howdy [Mister, Miss]. Now, I hope you don’t find this to be cheeky or rude, but I have a favour to ask.


The host player looks surprised yet intrigued. Any other players crowd behind them.


Derek: You see, I’ve been with a fine woman for a while now. Helena. She really is somethin’ special, so I think it’s time I got one one knee to propose to her.


A player smiles, and pats Derek on the shoulder approvingly.


Derek: Thank you, but there’s this one thing. I haven’t gotten her a ring and they’re so damned expensive these days.


The player(s) takes out a small stack of cash.


Derek: Now, you put that away. I ain’t here looking for charity, boss. I’ve got something else in mind.


The player(s) puts their money away.


Derek: You see, due to the nature of our job, I’ve been hearing rumours of a lost ring around a lost underground grotto in Big Valley. Boss, I wouldn’t normally ask to keep one of these treasures, but this girl, she’s somethin’ else. I’d really appreciate it?


The host player nods and agrees, and they set out for Big Valley.


Gameplay resumes here, the player(s) must search multiple areas and inspect different rocks on the cliff face for the entrance to the cave leading to the grotto. Once entering, a cutscene starts.


Derek takes a few steps forward, admiring the beauty of the area.


Derek: Wow, isn’t this place ama-


He steps on a pressure plate, the host player quickly runs and tackles him to the ground, saving him from a large spike.


Derek: I appear to have been mistaken. This place is a damn hellhole. Let’s get this ring.


Gameplay resumes. The player(s) must make their way through the grotto and avoid dangers until they find the ring on a podium. It’s gold with a large ruby which appears to be encased in a tree design, with ornate patterns all around. Upon picking up the podium, the area around them begins to collapse.


Derek: (Still in gameplay) Quick, boss! This place ain’t safe, let’s go.


The player(s) must then run out of the area within the next minute and a half before it collapses. They must also dodge falling boulders, collapsing trees and other disasters caused by the area falling apart.


Upon reaching the exit, another cutscene triggers:


Derek and the player(s) dive out of the cave as it collapses behind them seconds later. The host player helps Derek to his feet, who is out of breath.


Derek: Damnation. That was close, I am so sorry partner.


The host player gestures as if to say it’s okay and reveals the ring to Derek. He takes it.


Derek: My, it really is something. A perfect ring for a perfect woman. I really appreciate this. It’ll be a few years before we marry, but please, come with me to the proposal?


The host player nods, fade to black.


Open on Blackwater cinema. Derek and Helen are leaving the building. They head over to the Blackwater bar where the player(s) is sitting at one of the tables with a few drinks and a meal.


Derek and Helen enter, Derek pulls open a seat for Helen who sits down. Derek heads to the bar to order their food. Helen is seen touching up her hair and adjusting her clothes as if she knows what is about to happen. Derek is also seen fixing himself. He comes back over, standing next to her.


Derek: My dearest, this past year has been. Well, it’s been real special to me. So much I almost got myself killed getting this.


He gets on one knee.


Derek: But I’d nearly die for you every day of the week if it meant making you happy.


He takes the ring from his pocket, and holds it up to her. She takes it.


Derek: So, I guess what I’m trying to say is, will y-


Helen: Yes!


Derek: - Marry me?


Helen: Yes, a million times yes, ya damn fool!


They stand up and hug. Everyone in the bar claps, including the players. Derek gives the player a quick thumbs up behind Helen’s back.


Fade to black.



© 2021 Yangy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on July 15, 2021
Last Updated on July 15, 2021
Tags: Gaming, games, Red Dead Redemption, Red Dead Online, fanfiction.


Author

Yangy
Yangy

Bathgate, West Lothian, United Kingdom



About
21 year old from Scotland, writes articles for GTABase. I used to publish here way more often. Also a fan of sweet chilli sauce. more..

Writing