Just a Thought

Just a Thought

A Poem by zion
"

This was something that came to me when i was remembering the people of Haiti, their spirit is amazing!

"
              Just a thought
                     

               All life is pure, to the poor and the innocent, it’s an easy thing really.

                    So, as a modern society of sophistication and rights.

                  Cities with towering skyscrapers and bright lights

                   Why do we find it so hard?

© 2010 zion


Author's Note

zion
What are your thoughts?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

a little short and vague, but i feel it. every time i read it i like it more

Posted 10 Years Ago


the temptation of entitlement seduces us all. we harbor leverage as if it is some given right, when, truly, we are here, as a species, directly as the result of our ability to sustain symbiotic relationships; so much so, we have developed social unions and civilizations that have grown larger and more luxurious. how silly it is to live in the delusion of a superiority complex. but, the good news is once this awareness has reached critical mass for our species we'll all evolve as a morphogenic field washes over all of our perspectives....one need only focus on one's own path of enlightenment. thanks for sharing.


Posted 12 Years Ago


awesomely done. I loved it very much, and it was highly uplifting. It was a great pick-me-up.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like this thought that you have put on paper. There are many answers of that question.

Posted 13 Years Ago


simple and yet so profound. I believe you hit the bullseye with this piece:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I almost missed the significance of this, I read it so fast. I am glad I slowed down. You are right, why do we find it so hard to surpass our greed and get to the heart of the matter. Very good.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This poem will inspire many people if many people read this. It tells you that all life on this earth is in its own special way, precious. I hope in the future more people will come to realize this just as you have. Nice job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


All life should be precious. The people of the poor countries need help and direction. Direction isn't guns. Could be assisting with farming skills and medicine. A world based on war can't see the starving and homeless people everywhere.
"All life is pure, to the poor and the innocent, it’s an easy thing really."
A outstanding poem. A poem that could open the door to a good conversation.
Coyote


Posted 13 Years Ago


i love your style, its so unique

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great poem :) You should definitely write some more poems. This one has a lot of feel to it :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

335 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 1, 2010
Last Updated on December 1, 2010

Author

zion
zion

Writing
The Care Giver The Care Giver

A Poem by zion


The Cowboy The Cowboy

A Poem by zion


Hate Hate

A Poem by zion



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Of Course Not Of Course Not

A Chapter by Delia


Old Man Old Man

A Poem by Tate Morgan


The Game The Game

A Chapter by Katie





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5