38 Views, 2 reviews

38 Views, 2 reviews

A Poem by Laz K.
"

How many "views' and "reviews" would be enough to validate a poem, or the person that wrote it?

"

in the savagery of life

a wild flower

blooms and fades

unnoticed

adorning the earth

stretching a delicate neck

to kiss the sun


10 bees, 5 butterflies

3 birds, 18 clouds

fly by in a flickering sky

2 accidental surfers 

are washed up on 

these shores

“see that?”

“yeah” 


he started with just 12, and

after two millennia

jesus stands at 2.4 billion

I think he appreciated

the poetry of life

especially the irony

of it all

© 2020 Laz K.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I believe the validation of a poem is knowing your objective in writing it and seeing that other people got it. Views don't mean much to me because a poem needs to be read not viewed, unlike a picture and its thousand words.

About your poem, I found the imagery cheerful and beautifully done. Tyfs

Posted 3 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Laz K.

3 Years Ago

I felt a bit (a lot, actually) ashamed just asking a question like this, because poetry is sacred to.. read more



Reviews

I mutter to myself. More and more these days. No one criticizes my muttering because I keep it quiet, my lips barely move when I mutter, an observer might think I'm cold and my lips are slightly quivering. It isn't like that when I speak to another person. I want to know I'm heard, and understood and yes, appreciated, but mostly understood. What I really want to know -what's important to me- is to know when I'm misunderstood.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Laz K.

3 Years Ago

That's what it's about: being heard and understood. It's such an elemental human need - at least, fo.. read more
Subtle, yet very deep. The part about Jesus' growing followers, along with the title, gave me hope that what I create (writings or other things) might one day outlive me. At least that's what I felt.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your lay-out and content beckons with examples yet puts a case before your readers. Seems to say this is how it's intended; thoughts strewn, take what you will from them. Share. Writers are human, first off. Different" but maybe ruled by emotions more than most, Have reasons for what they do, but not always aware why they do it! Think posting IS something we initially do for selves; wanting to feel thrills, pride, even tho wary of doubt. If someone else reads, comments, then job done, the words have beckoned. Favour given a frisson of job done'; a helpful negative can even show that there's more to be found. Hope not too long.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Laz K.

3 Years Ago

"this is how it's intended; thoughts strewn, take what you will from them"

Exactly. .. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
Reviews are better to be few and meaningful than many given with the sole intention of a return review (of workwhich 90% of the time is poor fare)
Enjoyed this piece Laz.
Good morning

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Laz K.

3 Years Ago

Thank you. I agree with you. Quantity over quality. Good morning to you as well. :)
If there is only one person who can connected to my words it will be enough for me. I think reviews are here more like exchange of compliments then real reviews . I think it will be great to read some good honest review without personal attacking.

Posted 3 Years Ago


I write for me not for others and don't focus on the number of views, however it is always nice to get a written review. I have found here, that if you read and review the work of others, then they will reciprocate. If you don't then your name won't be remembered. I think this is the first of yours I have read. I thought your poem worked well with its imagery and its message. Thank you for sharing. Now I know who you are. Pleased to meet you Laz K. I particularly enjoyed the opening stanza. It set the poem up well and drew the reader in.

Chris

Posted 3 Years Ago


Laz K.

3 Years Ago

Thank you for your comment!
I like this as I do most of your efforts
I never (almost) read stories because poems are usually more enjoyable to read
I don't review much and consequently get reviewed very little
I think reviews relate somewhat to the actual quality of the poem but it is mostly a 'you review me. I review you, type of thing.
I get a little Po'd with the lack of reads and reviews I get, always asking myself why I bother to post but the dumb rhymes keep popping into my head and I don't know what else to with them

Posted 3 Years Ago


Laz K.

3 Years Ago

https://www.google.com/search?q=time+rescues+truth+from+falsehood&client=ms-android-samsung-gn-rev1&.. read more
Dave Brown

3 Years Ago

absolutely beautiful painting
the emotion, spiritual, perfectly imaged climax of a lifetime,s.. read more
Laz K.

3 Years Ago

Thank you!
Yes, sometimes it feels like any reviews will never be enough and you crave more and more. Though it shouldn't matter whether or not your writing gets views and reviews or not, you still feel that very human need for validation and what's enough reviews and positivity and encouragement to make you feel full? Though my book I've been working for so long hasn't gotten any positivity (haha not that I'm complaining it's a sequel to a very underrated video game), I keep posting it because it was my dream to continue it and I worked on it for five whole years. I know that's not SUPER long, but I think you were extremely brave and honest posting this. A question we all wanna ask but are too ashamed to because we're afraid we'll seem fame-hungry. I get caught up in wanting lots of reviews too, but I think as long as we keep writing for OURSELVES, we'll make it one day. Thank you for posting this, because the imagery was so beautiful, and keep writing such outspoken, brave pieces!

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Laz K.

3 Years Ago

Thank you! I wholeheartedly agree with what you said!
I believe the validation of a poem is knowing your objective in writing it and seeing that other people got it. Views don't mean much to me because a poem needs to be read not viewed, unlike a picture and its thousand words.

About your poem, I found the imagery cheerful and beautifully done. Tyfs

Posted 3 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Laz K.

3 Years Ago

I felt a bit (a lot, actually) ashamed just asking a question like this, because poetry is sacred to.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 28, 2020
Last Updated on September 28, 2020

Author

Laz K.
Laz K.

Hungary



About
I make stories, and they make me. more..

Writing
Free Free

A Poem by Laz K.


Firefly Firefly

A Poem by Laz K.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..