Post Partum confessions (4) (Censored version)

Post Partum confessions (4) (Censored version)

A Chapter by Lyn Anderson
"

life with baby number two

"
     Dee is beautiful. Tom is bringing Dana to the hospital to visit. Just why on earth does she hurt so bad? Kara knows she never felt this crappy after Dana. The pain is excruciating. She calls the nurse for her painkiller. The nurse comes in, is terse and unhelpful. She tells Tom. He seems concerned, but unsure what to do. Kara overheard the nurse talking to others at the nursing station. Apparently, they think Kara is scared to go home and is a medication seeking junkie. By the time her infection is discovered, she has to be on triple doses of antibiotics. She is sent home sick, helpless, and dependent on Tom. Dee cries frequently in the night. Tom sleeps in his room with Dana while Dee is her responsibility. It seems so overwhelming at times. When Dana was born, Tom did a lot for her. Now, he does the bare minimum, and she is sick. One night, Tom overhears Kara crying in frustration.
"Please baby, hush ... can you please just give mama a break? Shhhh, oh baby, I am so tired ... please ..." Kara lays the baby back down. "please baby, shhh ..."
"What the are you doing Kara? Pick the baby up, for God sakes. What is wrong with you? Talking to a baby like that? What a thing to do. Can't you just take care of her?  What IS your problem?" Tom stands in the doorway to the room, yelling at her.
The baby is still crying. She picks her up, and holds her close, trying to feed her as Tom's words sink into her. In the back of her mind, Kara knows a normal husband's response would be to help. They were told about post partum depression and baby blues -- she is pretty sure yelling at the wife was not among the tips for dealing with such things. She actually thought Tom might take the baby for a bit for her. No such luck. Her only choice is to "suck it up buttercup" and get over it. That's all she knows how to do.


© 2014 Lyn Anderson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Even in writing this you are thoughtful enough to give your reader a censored version.
You rock. I read the other version though. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Well, I wanted to make sure that younger people could see it, or people sensitive to swears ...
Matching Socks

9 Years Ago

Yes, I knew exactly why you did it. :) good move

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 9, 2014
Last Updated on August 13, 2014
Tags: marriage, abuse, unhappiness, sexless marriage, anger, loneliness, loss


Author

Lyn Anderson
Lyn Anderson

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
I write under a pseudonym. I don't do Read Requests, but you can PM me if you want me to read something specific. I make friends with people who I read and interact with. I won't accept random reque.. more..

Writing