THREE The Unravelling

THREE The Unravelling

A Chapter by Lyn Anderson
"

Kara finds out there are plenty more lies to be revealed.

"
"I don't know how to tell you this," Tom begins.
Kara knows it is serious by his tone. She just showed him her presentation for the conference. One which includes his photo with their baby girl. It will be her first time away from her daughter, now 4 months old. She looks at him, tears already threatening.
"Just tell me," she says.
"Remember that government funding I said I was not getting?"
"Yes," Kara looks at her husband, wondering what the punchline is.
"Well, I kind of took some cheques," he says quietly.
This feels a little like dejavu to Kara. Just before the wedding she almost broke up with him over $5,000 on her credit card he took without her knowing.
 "How much money?" Kara is mentally tallying all the times he said he had no money. Now she knows he was collecting money from the government behind her back.
"A few thousand," Tom says. "I don't know why I did it."
Kara does. She looks at her sleeping baby. She feels trapped. Trapped with a liar. Trapped with a man who does not care about their future or what will happen to them. More money. More drugs. That is all that matters. Even when your wife is struggling to work and pay the bills you made. More money. More lies. She would not find out until a month later that the "few thousand" was $12,000. She would have to claim it on her tax, even though she, and her daughter, never saw a dime of it.
"I just can't think about this right now, Tom". 
Kara takes the baby and feeds her. Just what in the hell is she going to do ...


© 2014 Lyn Anderson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This man needs to be in a padded cell getting daily treatment.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Interesting to see it from someone else's perspective. No wonder Kara's got some hostile poetry in h.. read more
Matching Socks

9 Years Ago

Lol. Hostile? Naw...
Actually a psychopath rather than personality disorder and the picture builds.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thanks, I know it isn't easy to swallow, and it isn't meant to be.
you do feel trapped after a while and wonder how you can ever get out... and what will you do to survive once you do... it becomes overwhelming and so heavy... it weighs your spirit down....

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Thanks, I knew you would be able to relate and that is why I sent it.
AprilRN1210

9 Years Ago

yes, ma'am, and I am glad... :)
Ohhh, my gosh.. That is so super s****y. I want to smack the guy!! Intense and painful! Only one error I found. xo (:

"I just can't think about this right now," Tom.
I think you want the ending quote after 'Tom'.


This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 10 Years Ago


Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

Lol.I want to so bad but I never see any mistakes.Now that I know that it can be done beware cat lol
Lyn Anderson

10 Years Ago

I am up for the challenge.:)
Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

I never doubt that cat lol

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

320 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 8, 2014
Last Updated on August 12, 2014
Tags: marriage, abuse, unhappiness, sexless marriage, anger, loneliness, loss


Author

Lyn Anderson
Lyn Anderson

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
I write under a pseudonym. I don't do Read Requests, but you can PM me if you want me to read something specific. I make friends with people who I read and interact with. I won't accept random reque.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Amateur The Amateur

A Poem by MsJewel