Exhaustion

Exhaustion

A Chapter by Anamika
"

Sometimes, it's best not to follow unknown paths

"
No More, leave me alone, she silently screamed. She had been walking for hours now. Her car broke down that afternoon and like a sensible person she got out the car to examine the damage.Nothing seemed to be the problem though.

Stuck in the middle of the road she considered her options, her phone showed no signal after countless attempts she decided to seek help. That was hours ago, how did she end up in the forest, she does not know. All she knew was that she was tired, bone tired.

Her mind seemed to be playing tricks on her, she felt the trees around grow claws seeking her out. She ran with a sudden burst of energy running towards an unknown goal. Thorns pricking drew blood but she was tired to notice, too numb to feel and too hoarse to complain.

The next thing she remembered was the claws dragging her towards the big old tree absorbing her slowly, the last thought she had was "An exhausted mind plays tricks after all."

The Car still stands that very spot undisturbed for the past 3 months now.



© 2016 Anamika


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on March 3, 2016
Last Updated on March 31, 2016


Author

Anamika
Anamika

panjim, India



Writing
Defiance Defiance

A Chapter by Anamika