Chapter Two : I'm Not Alone

Chapter Two : I'm Not Alone

A Chapter by Emma Larson
"

I thought I was alone, the only one of my kind. Was I wrong? Are there others like me?

"

I stared at the young blond man in front of me, completed baffled. There was a connection, but I couldn't lay my finger on it exactly.

 

"Who are you?" I questioned again. The man was off the rock in an instant. Instant?, "I knew it. So you're not human? You sure didn't smell it." He stared me intently.

 

"No, I am not. Neither are you," he said in a a Texan accent.

 

"Well I was beginning to figure as much."

 

"You don't know what you are?" From his tone he obviously found me as a complete and utter idiot.

 

"No, all I remember is pain," the memory was harsh.

 

I tried to think back to any memory before it, but I'd lost a great deal of them. If I'm not human then what am I? This man seems to know and apparently we're the same, but what? I have so many questions I'm beginning to annoy myself, I just wish that someone would give me some answers. If only I could solve the puzzle I've desperately been trying to put together the last decade.

 

 "Look at your self. Do you look human? Do you act human? How long have you been like this?" It was official he did think I was an idiot, but did he truly have to act like this?

 

"No, I don't look human anymore. I'm to pale. I don't act human. I'm able to do things most people would believe was witch craft. I've been like this for ten years, a freak and alone." Was he trying to psychologically torture me? "What about you? How long have you been the way you are?"

 

"Tweleve years, and alone the past five, but that doesn't bother me," Does he have any moral respect?

 

"Can you please at least me your name?" I snapped.

 

"Jasper Whitlock," he stated slowly.

 

"Well Jasper, can you please tell me what I am?"

 

"Vampire,"

 

I closed my eyes taking in that word. That truly painful word.

 

"How?"

 

"When you were bitten, who ever changed you didn't kill you and stopped midway through leaving vampire venom in your body. Doing so it spread and you under went a three day transformation becoming what you are. Same with me." Jasper seemed to know a lot more about this then me although he had an extra two years to this life then I did.

 

"Tell me, I know this is random, but I haven't aged a day. Does that mean I'm stuck like this forever?"

 

"As far as I know yes. You will remain the same age for the rest of eternity."

 

"Great," I exclaim sarcastically, "I get to be nineteen the rest of me ever lasting life." I wasn't thrilled with this information download I was receiving, but it was the first time I had gotten any answers.

 

"You're only nineteen?" he seemed interested in that.

 

"Yeah, well technically I'm twenty-nine, but since I'm not aging, I guess I'm nineteen. Why?"

 

"You just seemed younger,"

 

"And how old are you?"

 

"Twenty, technically thirty-two," Why does a guy say his age so easily? Girl's are practically embarrassed to say anything about that.

 

"Oh, so we're not far off. Um, so where are you going next?"

 

"Kansas. Why?"

 

"Would you mind if I tagged along?"

 

"Why do you want to come with me?" He seemed quite puzzled.

 

"Because I don't want to be alone anymore," I stared at ground, "I mean as long as it's ok. You surely know what your doing more then I do, and I would be a great deal of help, and I would be very thankful".

 

I looked up and there was a stunned look on his face. The question must of been of much difference to him. I wonder if he even talks to to any humans, so he must not have many conversations. He was in deep thought deciding of what to do. I understand if he doesn't want to travel with me. What use am I anyway really? I'd probably just slow him down, cause problems. It was silent for almost ten minutes, but I didn't mind much. If he needed to time to think, so be it. I saw his mouth getting ready to speak but he stopped. Second thoughts? Were they good or bad? What had I gotten myself into? This is stupid, why am I even here?

 

"Listen if you don't want me to come with you, you can just say it," I hoped this would speed up his decision.

 

"Actually, if you want to come with me, I think it would benefit both of us," He spoke as if he'd just had the most brilliant idea.

 

"Really?" I was over joyed his answer, "I can come? I swear I won't cause any problems".

 

"Yes, you can, and I don't think you're going to cause any problems," There we go again with the 'you're an idiot' way of talking to me. My smile faded, "Let's go hunt, your eyes are beyond black now, I'm surprise you can continue to control your self so well."

 

I almost forgot, I was thirsty, how did I ignore it so well? I better go drink someone before I do loose my self control. I inhaled the air and found something of most desire, sweet and warm. Male?

 

"West, they're west," I exclaimed calmly.

 

"Yeah they are, let's go," Jasper replied and took off.

 

I followed him, the air pushed against my face, my breathing way steady. I continued to follow the scent that I had picked up, it was so sweet. I stopped abruptly. There he was, under a tree minding his own business, I was so thirsty by this point. I crept up behind him. Jasper was watching from a distance. I grabbed the man and jabbed my teeth into him immediately. No need for introductions, right? I felt the blood running into my mouth it tasted so sweet, the burn in my throat was fading. I heard the man's final screams and finished him off. Jasper was by me in a second.

 

"Impressive, you barely exerted any energy."

 

"Is that bad?" I questioned.

 

"No, but you killed him better then I would of. I'm still yet to perfect a human not noticing me at all before I bite them," he sounded envious.

 

"Oh, I haven't been practicing or anything. Maybe it's natural or something. Anyway, are you thirsty?"

 

"No, I killed yesterday. Let's keep moving I want to get to the train station, it's faster then running right now". I nodded.



© 2009 Emma Larson


Author's Note

Emma Larson
Thoughts?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Now my thoughts are you could've so described a lot more, but other than that, I love Jasper. Vampires acting like actual vampires, I like that. I think I will continue because I have no idea where this is heading and I have no idea what the plot can be and that's always good to any one who knows me. Good job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


ome write more soon please! i thought it was funny when jasper thought that emma was an idiot! but shes not though. i tend to like emma very much. great character! oh wait thats your name! cool!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2009
Last Updated on February 19, 2009


Author

Emma Larson
Emma Larson

OH



About
Hi, my name is Emma. I'm not human, and I despise anyone who mocks my species. Even for the pure joy of Halloween. Besides that I'm joyful person and would love to talk anytime. more..

Writing