Chapter Four : Truths of the Past

Chapter Four : Truths of the Past

A Chapter by Emma Larson
"

He let out the tiny bit of information that he never meant to mention at all. Of all people, or creatures, he said it to me; the one this is affects most. (sorry about how long this took ^^)

"

I stared in terror as I heard the words drift from Jasper's mouth to my ears. I didn't want to believe it, not a single word. They were lies, all lies! Please tell me that it's not true! And I was finally happy, but I'm not allowed to be happy. Every time I gain some sort of hope or happiness, it's ripped away from me viciously leaving me in a cold and sad world, alone.

 

"No, Emma I didn't mean that!" Jasper was in shock from his comment before, "Truly I didn't mean that!"

 

I was unable to reply due to the wanting to believe him and the possibility of it actually being true. I wanted to cry, that was it, just cry. Unfortunately nature wouldn't even grant me that basic human ability.

 

"I can explain, please," It seemed as if he also wanted to cry.

 

"Then you better start, because if you don't have a logical explanation I won't be held responsible for my actions". My voice weak, but furious. He inhaled slowly. I glared towards him.

 

"This is going to sound really weird, I'm warning you," he paused briefly and looked at my infuriated eyes. "It was after I had left my creator. I traveled North and came to Rhode Island, just passing through. It was late you were on your way home from I don't know where. But when I saw you, you were like an angel. Normally I would see humans and think of food, but I didn't see you that way. I felt as if you were meant to be protected. That feeling came out of absolutely no where." He took a small breath, then continued.

 

"I watched you walk and followed you. After around five minutes or so a man came towards you. I'm not sure if you remember this. His emotions towards you were something I didn't want to know. A feeling of lust, wanting for no more then possession. It was terrible. He was going to take you at any moment. So I attacked him. Ripped his throat out, it sent the monster in me out, I wanted to suppress it. I was thirsty and drank from him. You were stunned and couldn't move in the process of me getting to him. I punctured your neck and released my venom into you and took some of your blood in the process." He paused once more.

 

"It was an accident, truly. When I had finally calmed down and realized what I had done. I fled in pain. So when you found me that one day on the rock by the stream I was so frightened, but relieved that you seemed okay. I know this is so sudden and how I felt about you so quickly, but it's true. Then you wanted to come with me, I had make it seem like I wasn't sure, but I wanted you to come more then anything. Please understand". He finished.

 

I stared in confusion. I was terrified by the thought of him at the moment, unable to breathe. The ten foot distance between our bodies was not enough to calm me down, I wanted something to set fury upon; he would be the best target. As the tension grew, I wasn't sure of what to do. I wanted to attack, but something held me back. I wanted to kill him, he made my life hell, I had to leave my old life behind and my entire family and watch them all die as I stood frozen in time. How could I ever forgive someone for such a thing?

 

"Do have any idea what pain you caused me?" I spoke raising my voice slightly.

 

"I know, I had to watch my family die too. Well actually I never saw them again. Can you forgive me at all? I understand if you never want to even consider my insistence again though," Jasper stared at the ground. I looked at him, and began to walk forward. He noticed my movement and looked up right away. I froze. Then continued. I saw the puzzling look on his face, it was pained and confused. I stood a mere foot away from him. I was unsure of what I was going to do, how I would react, what was going to happen.

 

"What are you doing?" Jasper questioned quietly.

 

"It was a mistake. Right?" I stared into his what should of been teary eyes. He nodded.

 

"I've never meant you any harm," his words were faster. I put my finger to his perfect lips.

 

"I know. You caused me pain, but you saved my life at the same time. It was a strange way, but you did. Would you consider your reaction," I paused, "Love at first sight?" I removed my finger and returned it to my side.

 

"It's the only explanation I have," he sounded pained once more.

 

A small smile broke across my face, which slowly grew. I slowly leaned in, put my hand on his face, closed my eyes, and kissed his cheek. I retracted to my original spot and waited for his reaction.

 

"You don't loath me?" he asked.

 

"No. Mistakes happen, but you also didn't kill my family. It's been such a long time anyway, I might as well move on." He smirked to my comment.

 

"Thank you."

 

Trying my best to lighten the mood, "So. Where to next?"

 

"Washington"

 

Things were definitely going to be better from now on.



© 2009 Emma Larson


Author's Note

Emma Larson
Thoughts?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aw, that was such a cute chapter! Emma and Jasper! I think that is so romantic what Jasper did, but I wish Emma would tell us about her family, I mean what killed her family. I wish she would say some of the conflicts with them, but whatever it's still good and I'm still blind. I want more like Emma wants blood, lol.:)

Posted 14 Years Ago


omg omg omg!!!!!! Emma so good! might have taken forever but Emma omg! SSSSSSSOOOOOOO GOOD! XD

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 25, 2009
Last Updated on April 12, 2009


Author

Emma Larson
Emma Larson

OH



About
Hi, my name is Emma. I'm not human, and I despise anyone who mocks my species. Even for the pure joy of Halloween. Besides that I'm joyful person and would love to talk anytime. more..

Writing