Chapter 1: Discovery of the Tomb

Chapter 1: Discovery of the Tomb

A Chapter by Azmain Nisak

Somewhere in Egypt…

 

            1000m under the sand of the Sahara Desert, in a hidden tomb, a 35-person team of explorers stumbled upon the greatest secret of ancient Egypt: the coffin of the missing queen of Egypt. The paralyzingly complex tunnels of the queen’s endlessly long, deep, and dark chamber were coated in gold and hieroglyphs and inscriptions littered every square centimeter of the chamber. The leader of the expedition, Gregory Romans, had been studying the story of the missing queen for over 5 years without recourse to the world above. Once his team had collected enough information, they formed and presented a summary of the results in a meeting in the chamber.

            “Today, we know the whereabouts of Joysha, the missing queen of Egypt. According to these inscriptions, she was nicknamed the Sorceress for her seemingly supernatural fighting ability. It soon came to light that she was causing great destruction in the land. Because of this and because they feared that she was growing too powerful, four of the most powerful sorcerers of that time, advisors to the king, sealed away the sorceress in this very tomb,” reported Gregory.

            “While the accuracy of this story is disputed on grounds of reality, we know that the coffin of the Sorceress is behind this wall,” continued Gregory as he pushed in a brick in the wall behind him and the fire from his torch flickered violently. The wall moved apart and he passed through, along with the rest of his team. They were on the edge of a vast underground cliff. A rickety, ancient bridge connected this cliff to a narrow piece of rock that extended from the darkness below. On that rock, with barely enough space to stand laid the coffin of the Sorceress. It was golden with a painted face and hieroglyphs all over it. A small piece of light from far above touched the head of the coffin.

            “Our team has not yet opened the coffin and efforts are underway to safely retrieve it. However, studies of the outer coffin suggest the possibility of lifting a curse. Apparently, the sorcerers were not powerful enough to destroy the Sorceress completely so they managed to seal her in the coffin. They had hoped that no one would ever find the hidden tomb and set numerous booby traps just in case someone did find it. Moving the coffin is supposed to activate these booby traps and opening the coffin is supposed to release the Sorceress, who is allegedly not actually dead,” concluded Gregory. His team laughed at the possibility of enchanted booby traps and a living mummy. They would literally be dead wrong 5 days later.



© 2017 Azmain Nisak


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on February 17, 2017
Last Updated on February 17, 2017


Author

Azmain Nisak
Azmain Nisak

Brooklyn, NY



About
I am a physicist-in-training. I enjoy writing as a hobby. I particularly like fantasy and sci-fi novels that have some element of mystery. I also like to discuss philosophy and sometimes compose poetr.. more..

Writing