Chapter 3: Gora, the five-headed dragon

Chapter 3: Gora, the five-headed dragon

A Chapter by Azmain Nisak

            Five people died in the first instant as each of the dragons stretched out their necks, grabbed up a person on the cliff, brought them up 50ft into the air, crushed through their bones, and swallowed them up. Then, 10 people shot guns at the creature, but its hide was too tough. The gun shots only aggravated the dragons, who then shot a huge, intense blast of fire, engulfing and burning to ashes all ten of the people who had dared to fight back. The dragon was then distracted by the crane and proceeded to destroying it, smashing, biting, and burning it with fire blasts. The other twenty had already left the cliff and were going through the tunnels of the chamber, carrying the coffin with them. They hoped that the dragon, being as large as it was, wouldn’t be able to go through these tunnels and would be restricted to that hidden cavern.

            They finally reached the place on which they could load the coffin, along with a maximum of ten people, and which would be carried up via pulley to the world above. They agreed that ten of them would go up at a time, with the first ten going with the coffin. They reached the world above soon enough and were getting ready to bring the pulley down to retrieve the other ten. Unfortunately, the moment the first ten laid the coffin onto the sandy desert of the Sahara, the dragon from below smashed through all the chambers, bit into one of the ten still in the chamber, and brought its neck upward, causing the entire chamber to collapse and cave in. Huge boulders of rock fell onto the remaining nine in the chamber, crushing them. The ten surviving on the sand of the Sahara, quickly loaded the coffin onto one of the two military jet planes as the ground continued to shake more and more violently. Five people went on each plane and were about to take off when, like an erupting volcano, the huge five-headed dragon crushed out through the Saharan sand and landed onto the desert surface searching for the stolen coffin.

            “I’m going to hold off the monster. The world has a right to know the secret of the missing queen of Egypt,” said Gregory to Chun. Chun nodded and got on the plane with the coffin in it, while Gregory boarded the plane without the coffin. The planes took off quickly and the dragon flew with great force and speed towards the plane with the coffin in it. Gregory’s plane shot missiles at the dragon, slowing it down for a moment, sending it backwards. Then, the dragon targeted Gregory’s plane, striking it with all five of its heads like a huge freight train, sending Gregory’s plane spinning. Gregory got it back under control though and sent some more missiles to hold it back. The dragon then seemed to disappear.

            “Oh no! It’s going for Chun’s plane,” realized Gregory as he sent a radio call to Chun, telling him that the dragon was coming. He was too late though. Despite delaying the dragon, it quickly reached the side of Chun’s plane so that Chun could see the huge green eyes of the monster on the right side of his window. Everyone in the plane shrieked fearfully. That’s when Gregory’s plane again shot the dragon with a barrage of missiles. Unfortunately, both the dragon and Gregory’s plane disappeared into the clouds. The last thing Gregory saw was that all five dragons shot such a powerful intense flame into the center of the plane that plane broke in half and then into many other pieces as everything fell to the stormy ocean below.

            “We’re almost above the museum,” said one of Chun’s fellow Chain Gang members.

            “Yeah, soon we’ll be millionaires. Mr. Ludwig will be pleased,” smirked Chun. Another member of the Chain Gang, using binoculars towards the rear of the plane, suddenly cried out in horror.

            “AAAH! The monster’s coming back!” he yelled. When the plane passengers heard the thunderous roar of the dragon, they paled. Worse, they were in the middle of a terrible thunderstorm. From the misty darkness and lightning in the back of the plane, the terrible dragon flew in at shocking speed.

            “We have to stop it!” yelled one passenger. Four of the passengers of the plane, including Chun but excluding the pilot of the plane, brought out weapons to harm the monster. One shot with a bazooka, another threw grenades, another used a rocket launcher, and another used a flamethrower. All four of them shot it at the dragon sending it downwards for a moment, but with horrific resilience and a roar that muted everything else in the sky, it came back up. The passengers were at a loss and had no idea what to do.

            Chun looked at one of his Chain Gang members to the right and told him, “I wish it didn’t have to come to this.” The member was about to ask what he meant when Chun pulled out the Dragon’s Eye talisman, whispered some incantation, and put it in front of the member. The eye glowed a piercing red as the entire member’s body was absorbed into the talisman. The eye then glowed a bright blue. The other three passengers looked at Chun, fearfully.

            “What the hell was that?” asked one of them. Chun didn’t say anything but went to the side of the airplane where the dragon’s heads reached and put the eye in front of theirs.

            “By the power of the Sun Spirit, Ra, I command you, O Gora, the five-headed dragon, to return to the realm from which you came. Begone!” said Chun. The dragon then looked fearfully at the talisman as it glowed with a bright golden light and the monster disappeared as the light dimmed and the talisman returned to normal. The storm suddenly stopped also. Chun sat back into the plane, relieved. His other team members, looked at him with disbelief on their faces, as if demanding an explanation.



© 2017 Azmain Nisak


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on February 17, 2017
Last Updated on February 17, 2017


Author

Azmain Nisak
Azmain Nisak

Brooklyn, NY



About
I am a physicist-in-training. I enjoy writing as a hobby. I particularly like fantasy and sci-fi novels that have some element of mystery. I also like to discuss philosophy and sometimes compose poetr.. more..

Writing