Chapter 2: Stealing the Coffin of the Sorceress

Chapter 2: Stealing the Coffin of the Sorceress

A Chapter by Azmain Nisak

            Sure enough, five days later, a crane was brought to the edge of the cliff and using a wide gripping metallic hand-like tool, it brought up the Sorceress’s coffin and brought it towards the cliff on which the team stood, watching excitedly.

            “Well, at least there was no magical booby trap,” joked Gregory with the rest of his team. Behind the group, however, a man named John Chun spoke on a special phone that could receive signals from vast depths.

            “They are removing the coffin, boss. Me and the four other Chain Gang members know what to do,” said Chun.

            “I spent $3,500,000 to finance this expedition and am planning to give four of you $15,000,000. You had better get the coffin, completely unharmed, at any and all costs. Do you still have the Dragon’s Eye?” asked the mysterious boss.

            “Yeah, I do,” said Chun, taking out a shard of gold with the shape of an eye in the middle.

            “Are you talking to the financer of this expedition, Mr. Donald Ludwig?” interrupted Gregory, smiling.

            “I gotta go, boss,” whispered Chun. He put down the phone and turned to face Gregory. “Yeah, he was just saying that he is excited about this new find,” explained Chun.

            “I know, right! It is incredibly exciting that in the next fifteen minutes, we will be able to show the rest of the world the solution to a 5,000 year-old mystery: the whereabouts of the lost queen of Egypt,” exclaimed Gregory. Chun nodded.

            That’s when it happened. The coffin of the Sorceress touched the cliff and the entire chamber began to shake violently. The team members were shocked and became fearful. Then, it appeared. From the dark depths of the underground abyss, a huge 70ft-long, five headed, black-scaled dragon rose out and its wings practically spanned the length of the chamber as it flew up and roared as loud as a jet plane taking off. It’s 4 legs grasped onto the narrow piece of rock on which the coffin once was and five pairs of huge, green eyes turned to face the team members. Every member of team screamed in horror as the beast again roared as if it was from another world and the chamber shook even more violently as if there was an earthquake.



© 2017 Azmain Nisak


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on February 17, 2017
Last Updated on February 17, 2017


Author

Azmain Nisak
Azmain Nisak

Brooklyn, NY



About
I am a physicist-in-training. I enjoy writing as a hobby. I particularly like fantasy and sci-fi novels that have some element of mystery. I also like to discuss philosophy and sometimes compose poetr.. more..

Writing