wizened Night

wizened Night

A Story by anxia
"

Read on.......

"
It was one of those unusual late nights that i had to stay awake  to do some assignments. Everyone except for my brother retired for the day and were in their rooms.He must have decided to have some fun at  my expense. He came to the living room where i was writing and began telling all the scary stories that he ever knew.  The witches,the wolves,the ghosts,vampires,what not? I helped  him where ever he missed an essential turn in the stories to show him that i wasn't scared.
I was almost done with my work when my brother prepared to leave. Standing at the door to his room, he turned to me and taunted,"good night and take care. you may meet any of them now."   
             
 I was getting warmer a little after he left. I don't exactly remember but i must have finished my work so i turned the lights off in the living room and went to our bed room where i plopped onto the usual place on the bed;the place between my elder,and younger sister. I writhed a lot before finally falling asleep.
......................................................0.0......................................................
Is it  the witch from the book 'crooked withches'that has come? Or is it that ravenous wolf from the 'never seen forest' that has wandered in? Or perchance ted from the film 'the ghoul'? God no way, no freaking way, they couldn't be here, i don't believe in them, this cant be it!!! My mind couldnt help but become the podium to the race of these horrifying thoughts, when i heard a blood curling scream from my younger sister. My body felt cold and breath was shallowing, i held my elder sisters hand tightly;her face was away from mine. Then i heard my elder ask the younger "what is it?"
.....................................................0.0......................................................
"we can kill it, no big deal ,i know how to"  i wanted to say to assure to my sisters reply but i couldn't  cause my breath was still shallow and my eyes refused to open and i was sweating.
when my sister opened up, her voice was shaking which eventually broke into  a cry, 
"there's a big, six legged, mustached, flying monster on my pillow, staring at me!!" she wailed.0.0

© 2012 anxia


Author's Note

anxia
Open to everything!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked! You have lots of potential as a developing writer.. so keep it up!

Posted 11 Years Ago


anxia

11 Years Ago

Thank you for you support,Charli.
Hi there Anexia, I liked your writing, and I wasn't scared at all, which possibly had something to do with your narration style, and your role as responsible, older sibling, plenty of good descriptive details, which I appreciated, thank you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


anxia

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much Sheema for reviewing my work.Please Remember you are always welcome to correct me .. read more
SHEEMA HUQ

11 Years Ago

cool, I'm not a correctionist kind of lady though, but I would do if something was screaming at me.... read more
anxia

11 Years Ago

Sure will:)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Mia
This is a very interseting story. I'm not really into scary. This story has a lot of poteintial...if you could pay attention to deatail and not rush through it, this could be a great story. There's not rush :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


anxia

11 Years Ago

Thank you,Mia :)
Mia

11 Years Ago

It's a pleasure :)
Ahaha! :D I loved it! Start to finish! Was eye catching and heart pumping! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


anxia

11 Years Ago

Glad it was enjoyable:)thank you so much.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Great story! I loved the end. Scary stories always get my attention. 100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

anxia

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Kat.
.

11 Years Ago

No problem
interesting..... havent seen aanything like this in..... well never. I applaud your experimentality

Posted 11 Years Ago


anxia

11 Years Ago

Thank you lol.
Great short story with a nice twist at the end :) I liked the waning confidence once the lights were off ...
Lizbeth

Posted 11 Years Ago


anxia

11 Years Ago

Thank you,Lizbeth.
Lizbeth

11 Years Ago

A pleasure! Look forward to seeing more of your writing,
Liz
I wonder if the monster was real or not...
Anyways, good story and it made me smile. Keep up the great work :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


anxia

11 Years Ago

Thank you,Amanda.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

348 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 15, 2012
Last Updated on August 21, 2012
Tags: Ghoul, witch, wolf, scary, horror, night


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Pathetic Pathetic

A Chapter by Sophie


Chapter Seventeen Chapter Seventeen

A Chapter by Sophie


Present Present

A Chapter by Sophie