Worthy of My Friends

Worthy of My Friends

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

Through path and switch with company skipping along the winding road I pass food and accompany with he whom life seldom bestowed

"
Dave and jason

Dave and Jason


To walk the roads of soul strewn streets

with all thoughts we know of living

Leaves us lonesome for others feats

finds sharing to come from giving

 

Through path with switch and company

skipping along the winding road

I pass food and accompany

with he whom life seldom bestowed

 

In those who share my few comforts

won't you join me in life's amends
For as long as I walk this earth

may I be worthy of my friends






The Ties That Bind Paperback
My Immortal Soul: Poems of Life Paperback
Life's Tree: Lessons of life Paperback



© 2023 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
To all who have known the trials of a life beset with tribulation. I would just like to say the things that make life worth living are not to be found in pursuit of wealth. I never remembered anyone fondly for the station they held in life.True wealth for me is held within the hearts of those I have loved and who dared to love me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

life is all about giving and spreading love all around as much as we can .. beautifully portrayed feelings once again .. you definitely are a kind hearted man and surely worthy of your friends :) wish everyone was as kind and considerate as you people are . as always enjoyed your write

Posted 13 Years Ago


i like well writen

Posted 13 Years Ago


This poem makes good use of an extended metaphor, a road, to describe life. It has ath very humble and genuine feel which means it works well as something to aspire to rather than being a piece that preaches.

In the first stanza it appears that the path of life could be very bleak if we don't attempt to make it different. By ending it with the phrase, "finds sharing to be in giving" there is the suggestion that if we perhaps share ourselves we will be rewarded with relief from the default state of loneliness.

By the second stanza the journey has become positively enjoyable as the journey is carried out by "skipping". Even the soul strewn streets of the first stanza have become the much more picturesque, "winding road".

The third stanza then drives home the metaphor. The road is revealed as being life itself. Ending with the very humble, "For as long as I walk this earth may I be worthy of my friends" gives the reader a suggestion that they themselves might follow.

This is a genuine, down-to-earth poem that works very well to pass on a message with subtlety and honesty.

Posted 13 Years Ago


nice work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This piece had a very gently flow through it. It's always good to give but you must be careful of those who abuse help.

Posted 13 Years Ago


It is sad when a child has no Father or Mother ... I think a boy really feels the loss of having no father more than a girl perhaps... We need both parents though. I grew up without a father and would be a little envious when i saw my friends with their fathers.
Having said all that... your poem is truly beautiful ... the sentiments are well expressed and so generous.
A lovely write Tate.

Peace
Chloe

Posted 13 Years Ago


Such a sweet poem, and very well written. Great rhyme, and I noticed there's also a bit of alliteration, which is great. You have talent. Nice Job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I'm not sure if this poem describes friendship as it describes a person talking about iife as a journey picking up friends and talking about friends but using a journey aspect so it sounds very little about how much friendship means to you.

That aside, your poem makes a nice point.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Tate, I loved it. You give voice to growing up...and realizing the importance in life.

What I liked about it was that even though some men see this as a struggle, you have not only accepted your reponsibilities (to yourself...to others), you have embraced them.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4706 Views
132 Reviews
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on July 3, 2010
Last Updated on September 2, 2023
Tags: poetry, Life, Sad, adventure, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story, death, fantasy, fiction, heart, love

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Songs of Colour Songs of Colour

A Poem by OT