Suspicion

Suspicion

A Chapter by Luna

                As the bell rang, I thought about what was going to happen after school. Jacob was planning on coming over to hang out, meaning we would get to be together in private. I stepped into the hall and Angela grabbed my arm, dragging me away from the stairs to the buses and into a secluded corner. Jacob looked back at us, apology in his eyes.

                “What was that all about?” Angela demanded. My brother was going to pick me up today and Angela knew that she had all the time she could possibly want.

                “What was what about?” I ask, putting on an innocent, struck look, attempting to hide my shame from her burning green eyes, praying that my eyes don’t betray me.

                “What is this about? This is about Jacob not being able to take his freaking eyes off of you and you not doing anything about it! I mean, I know we are friends, but didn’t you tell him that I liked him? I asked you to!” Her arms are thrown up, her lips thin and white with anger as I tried to remember when she asked me to tell him that she liked him.

                “I have no clue what you are talking about. Angela, seriously, I wasn’t paying attention. I wanted to get that lab done, you know, the lab that we were supposed to be doing. Also, trying to keep Patrick awake is a pain and you know that. I didn’t pay attention and I don’t remember you ever asking me to tell him so please don’t yell at me. Please?” My eyes bore into hers, starring into them. Since my parents died, I’ve had issues getting yelled at, bursting into tears when a teacher yells at the class.

                “Fine. I’ll be watching you though. I think something is going on here but I’m not completely sure yet.” She storms off, heading towards the door that leads to the senior parking lot where her sister’s car is parked. I walk to the parking circle, the area where parents and guardians pick up there children.



© 2010 Luna


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think this chapter could use a bit of revision. In some of the dialogue you say something and then you repeat the same thing, but with an explanation. Like in lines 6-8 from the bottom.

Posted 14 Years Ago


very well written..like this chapter ^_^

Posted 14 Years Ago


very good can't wait for more. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 3, 2010
Last Updated on January 3, 2010


Author

Luna
Luna

Civil War Capital, VA



About
I am a helpless romantic who also loves to attempt to write romance adventure (my novel Maiden Voyage for example) but I tend to try to stick more to poetry. I am southern (yes, I do have an accent) a.. more..

Writing
Failed Failed

A Poem by Luna


Crutch Crutch

A Poem by Luna


Regrets Regrets

A Poem by Luna



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Ice Queen The Ice Queen

A Poem by Iota


Innocent Girl Innocent Girl

A Chapter by Luna


Gone Gone

A Chapter by Luna