Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Astridd
"

Mysterious Letters

"
I never thought that he actually cares. He was like mysterious and all that. All the years at school, he had stayed in the shadows. I heard from everyone that he's a nothing to care about. No one wants to be his friend. He didn't have any sense of humor either, nor love. Whenever some boys tried to grab him to join the others, he'll walk away and read some books in the corner. Sometimes, I really felt pity for him, but some other times, I thought it was his own fault not to make friends.
That day was my first day in Sydney Houston Junior High School. I just moved from New Zealand to Sydney. Everything was so different. The city was compacted and very huge that I often got lost sometimes. Stupid me. My parents didn't come with me. They afford just enough money to send one child here. Out of my sisters and brothers, I got the opportunity to study here. I was super lucky.
"Welcome, Miss Stewart," greeted the old lady in the information desk. "Umm," I mumbled,"Hi I suppose?" The old lady raised one eyebrow. She stood from her wooden chair and slipped her hand in one of the tall shelves in the back of her.
I stayed in a small apartment kind of thing near school. It looks very old but still a little bit interesting to explore. The floor creaked ,and I guessed the ceiling leaks too. There were no air conditioners even though the summer had turned blazing hot right now. They didn't even turn on the fan on the ceiling! What are they used for? DECORATIONS?!
"Um, miss, do you turn on the fan sometimes?" I asked. She turned from the shelves and rolled her eyes. 
"Ah, teens these days, always thinks about air conditioners! You teens don't know how it cost! And honestly... It looks better as a decoration." She continued her searching. Okay, this place is awkward. The lady finally founds my apartment key and shook it in her hands making the sound CLING CLING. She threw it to me, excepting me to catch it. I grabbed it hesitantly. Don't blame me! It's really awkward here!
"Thank you, madam," I thanked.
"Call me, Miss Angela, dear," she said. She sat back on her chair, pulled an antique grandma-like glasses and a book, and started reading while I walked up the scary elevator nearby.
The elevator was worst! It was so small that I had to squeeze in with some other people just to get it. It was also very bumpy. Once it got up, the lift will move up then bounce down a little bit. With the same scary pattern, I reached the top floor. I'm using the stairs next time. 
I stood in front of a wooden door. This was room 50b. I unlocked the door and pushed myself inside. Oh great, the room was okay, but what's with the conflict of NO BED BUT A MATTRESS. There's no bed and the mattress was quite small. Good thing I was slim and stylish. Actually, not necessarily stylish. I unpacked my stuffs and placed it in the tables, shelves, and commodes.
Tomorrow school starts, and I couldn't wait for it. I checked my watch and sighed. 19 hours before school starts. Now I'll just have to wait for the sun to sleep and rise again.
Here goes my life here. The beginning of a young girl named Alison Steward in Sydney, Australia.


© 2011 Astridd


Author's Note

Astridd
EDIT MY GRAMMAR AND SPELLING :D I LOVE YOU ALL!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's not fair to pause then leave without at least saying you were there. Yes, we all know life isn't fair; but writing is difficult. It takes time and effort, work and skill, organization and attention to detail. A person's efforts should a least be recognized - and yet it is still an uncommon courtesy. Nine views and three paused.

There are flaws here - visible ones... repairable ones. Some of them are story oriented. You really need more of the story developed and written before going into an endless round of changes. It may be more appropriate to have the story completed or at least a fair portion of it written before going back to the beginning and trying to present a flow and concept you may have later decided isn't what you really wanted to incorporate.

Chris



Posted 12 Years Ago


I see almost no grammar or spelling mistakes. Great job! The only thing is that you may need to explain specific things in more detail. You don't say how many brothers and sisters she had, but it probably makes no difference if you told us how many. The biggest thing however is that you say that the elevator is 'scary'. How is that so? What was so scary about it?
Push that aside, great job on this one! You should definitely continue this story!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Gonna be Amazing x)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 17, 2011
Last Updated on October 17, 2011
Tags: Chapter 1, Mysterious Letters in the Locker


Author

Astridd
Astridd

somewhere



About
Who am I? That's one question that you all probably have in your mind. As you read on to my stories, I will give you some clues about myself. Who knows if you're actually talking to a famous girl? more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Astridd


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Astridd


Prayer Prayer

A Book by Astridd