Tragedy of Rain...

Tragedy of Rain...

A Poem by Bhavya Kaushik
"

This one just came on my mind today only...It's raining here these days 24*7 :D

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

TRAGEDY OF RAIN…

 

 

 

 

When Sky thought of relieving Earth from pain,

He started crying and poured some rain.

From the distant horizon a sound of thunder came,

And it started raining all over again.

 

 

Earth was facing alone the fury of storm,

Suddenly raindrops came to pay their toll.

From the eyes of sky tears started to fall,

And he found them very hard to hold.

 

 

But if you could, then listen to the tragedy of rain,

Listen to the sound when rain hits this burning land.

Experience the spark which it produces in vain,

When Sun left the sky and let only clouds to expand.

 

 

Oh Rain! You always wanted to live with the sky,

In a palace of clouds where there wasn't any reason to sigh.

Where no one was allowed to even pass you by,

But now it's time for you to say your last goodbye.

 

 

The worst thing is that no one cared about your sacrifice,

As in return by us you got no smile, no reward or prize.

So…This was all about rain and her tragic tale,

Where she left the almighty sky and got only this burning land…

 

 

© 2009 Bhavya Kaushik


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is really sad and very philosophical too. Next time whenever it will rain here, I'm sure this poem of yours would come on my mind.Such a great metaphor.
Love is not at all about loving a person but it's also about getting loved by someone.
May be because the dedication and warmth in Earth's love was more than that of Sky, that's why it rained..Sky cried and finally Earth got his ultimate love.
The style and the format is awesome and as usual the usage of pictures is very apt. Amazing work Bhavya.

Posted 15 Years Ago


9 of 9 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow. Amazing work. I realyly loved this poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is simply beautiful Bhavya. I really love using the elements of nature when I write and every piece of art which has them in it, poem, story, novel, picture, a painting it touches somewhere very deep in my heart. The natural flow that claims each of your works (as far as I read surely) is very strong in this poem too.
The best way to explain this to you would be... you just make it look so easy. It doesnt feel like it was hard writing this or it took too much effort.
It feels natural like talking would be. Like smiling to something nice would feel.
The ending fits perfectly by meaning. I am not as sure about the last line itself cus I really like it when the last two lines rhyme with each other but thats just me.
The way you use pictures and colors amazes me still.
Very nice job. *smiles*

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow! I never thought of it!
Great!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very, Very interesting. They way you write and think about simple things like this, and turn them into the most complex pieces of work, leave me in awe. I have also noticed that the pictures you often post, are beautiful, wile at the same time, reflect your work. So beautiful.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

As a lover of rain, at least for self, if not for the desert.. I found this hard to read first time around but then, then I realised what you were saying with your beautiful words and I sat back and thought. Your phrases are quite amazing: 'Earth was facing alone the fury of storm, / Suddenly raindrops came to pay their toll. / From the eyes of sky tears started to fall, / And he found them very hard to hold.' - 'the eyes of the sky' - such a wonderful way of describing the sky (though for a while I shall now see the sky staring down at me!)

You write so fluently and fluidly, each line flowing in fine metre and emotion. Thank you for sharing your words .



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
O!
This is so very creative.......it makes a lovely tale to tell..........im left sad reading this.....im usually ARGH! when it rains coz where i live it rains almost always throughout the year...............but now i will look at it differently....

THanks....!

x,
O!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

First of all, I read your profile, and was stunned at the closeness I felt to your words. This piece is a work of art. It has such a beautifully poignant perception of simple rain. I definately be reading more of your work. You have a new fan in me. Rain..

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I never ever thought of Rain ever like this, Very thoughtgful and tragic is it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Another masterpiece by you. One to ponder...how does this relate to humans? Like the way you brought the rain to life. Superb!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great writing to showcase rain in a special way!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1755 Views
35 Reviews
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on July 2, 2008
Last Updated on January 8, 2009

Author

Bhavya Kaushik
Bhavya Kaushik

India



About
National bestselling author of the novel, The Other Side of the Bed. You can place an order here: tinyurl.com/tosotb (flipkart) or can download it on your kindle from here: tinyurl.com/tosotbamazon .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..