Tragedy of Rain...

Tragedy of Rain...

A Poem by Bhavya Kaushik
"

This one just came on my mind today only...It's raining here these days 24*7 :D

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

TRAGEDY OF RAIN…

 

 

 

 

When Sky thought of relieving Earth from pain,

He started crying and poured some rain.

From the distant horizon a sound of thunder came,

And it started raining all over again.

 

 

Earth was facing alone the fury of storm,

Suddenly raindrops came to pay their toll.

From the eyes of sky tears started to fall,

And he found them very hard to hold.

 

 

But if you could, then listen to the tragedy of rain,

Listen to the sound when rain hits this burning land.

Experience the spark which it produces in vain,

When Sun left the sky and let only clouds to expand.

 

 

Oh Rain! You always wanted to live with the sky,

In a palace of clouds where there wasn't any reason to sigh.

Where no one was allowed to even pass you by,

But now it's time for you to say your last goodbye.

 

 

The worst thing is that no one cared about your sacrifice,

As in return by us you got no smile, no reward or prize.

So…This was all about rain and her tragic tale,

Where she left the almighty sky and got only this burning land…

 

 

© 2009 Bhavya Kaushik


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is really sad and very philosophical too. Next time whenever it will rain here, I'm sure this poem of yours would come on my mind.Such a great metaphor.
Love is not at all about loving a person but it's also about getting loved by someone.
May be because the dedication and warmth in Earth's love was more than that of Sky, that's why it rained..Sky cried and finally Earth got his ultimate love.
The style and the format is awesome and as usual the usage of pictures is very apt. Amazing work Bhavya.

Posted 15 Years Ago


9 of 9 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Lia
I love how you wrote such an amazing piece inspired by rain, beautiful x

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i like this a lot! this is so beautifully written and it has great imagery! i will never think of rain just as something annoying ever again. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


I love this as I love the rain and all the wondrous things that it brings. The sense that you bring with this piece is both powerful and a true pleasure to have rolling around in my head. I think you accomplished something that is visually and mentally inspiring.


Great Job!!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hi Bhavya! I love your words in this stanza especially>>>

But if you could, then listen to the tragedy of rain,
Listen to the sound when rain hits this burning land.
Experience the spark which it produces in vain,
When Sun left the sky and let only clouds to expand.

Very powerful, and it does read philosophically, prophetically also! Take care~~~



Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

what a tragedy it is, this poem and i had never thought of it as that, the rain and the sky giving it up. love is sometimes like that, but it is a give and take situation at best, or at least that is the way it's supposed to be. though the sky is giving and the earth is taking, the earth does give it back to start the process again....so is the cycle of life and of love.

a very nice write, Bhavya....i had almost forgotten how beautiful your words can be. the flow of the words in this are so moving and stirs the emotions of the heart and soul. what a good job you have done here.

Always,

Amanda

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

You already know that I love tragic poems. How could you think I didn't like this?
The final stanza is my favorite.

The story in these lines is an excellent. From whatever I have read by you so far, I see that there is room for improvement here. It could read smoother if the language is bettered. Not that this is a bad write. The metaphors you have used are not easy to express the way you have done here. That speaks lots about your talent.

I will certainly get back to this later. I wanted to add some details but that will take sometime. I hope I will not be misunderstood again ;-)

And as for your response to my missing review, I have something to add: Never doubt your skills. It IS the worst way to treat your talent.



Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

What a sad but beautiful tale! Bhavya, your sensitivity makes your talented work so touching. I always enjoy reading your writing as it inspires me whatever the topic is about. Thank you for writing with such a talented and mastered manner. And especially, thank you for sharing your poems for the whole world to see and enjoy ... :) Beautiful!

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This is an interesting perspective being from that of the rain itself. It does not stay in the sky to reveal in glory but humbles itself as a servant that the earth may be blessed. Inspiring thoughts and so noble of the rain.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Sweet, elegant poet with the soulful voice, one who sees beauty in tragedy, triumph in defeat... Bhavya, I always come back to read you, for how can one not? Personification and analogy are smooth and free flowing but theme is astounding, particularly the final stanza... I have read it several times as I am drawn to the tragic tale of life... Sometimes giving simply isn't enough... Sometimes sincerity is unrecognized... Beauty can be left abandoned and unappreciated... Contrasting images of the scorching sun and the crying rain are the finest I've seen in quite some time. And the rain... She waits... Is it really all in vain?

XXX



Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Wonderful wonderful poem! I did not know you write poems Bhavya and of this quality.

"The worst thing is that no one cared about your sacrifice,
As in return by us you got no smile, no reward or prize."

This poem itself is a pretty good token for rain I feel!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1757 Views
35 Reviews
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on July 2, 2008
Last Updated on January 8, 2009

Author

Bhavya Kaushik
Bhavya Kaushik

India



About
National bestselling author of the novel, The Other Side of the Bed. You can place an order here: tinyurl.com/tosotb (flipkart) or can download it on your kindle from here: tinyurl.com/tosotbamazon .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..