The Last Song I'm Wasting On You...

The Last Song I'm Wasting On You...

A Poem by Bhavya Kaushik
"

Inspired by a song :)

"

 ..

 

 

 

....

 

 

THE LAST SONG I’M WASTING ON YOU….

 

 

 

 

This is not the first song which I’m writing for you,

Heartless everyday yet I write something on you,

Endlessly I have realized that now I can’t forget you.

 

 Lexicon now can’t give enough words to me,

Any sunrise now can’t ignite that passion in me.

Sorrow surrounds me from every side,

This light now seems to turn into a dark night.

 

Stop coming into my thoughts,

Oh! I don’t need you anymore.

Now I have started to move on with life,

Go away, I don’t cry for you anymore.

 

 I’m watching the passage of your every memory,

Most of them now seem like some old sad story.

 

Writing was my passion, but you made it my life,

As about you I can write throughout my life.

Still I swear I’ll never write anything more on you,

This pain which you gave me is now counting on you.

 I will find something else to waste my words,

No more I will write just to feel good enough.

Gnarled I will feel to write again those words.

 

Oh! This is the last song I’m wasting on you,

No, now you can’t hide as this one is just for you.

 

Your presence no more surrounds me,

Only I feel myself and this world without you.

Unwillingly I promise I will never waste my words on you

 

 

 

© 2009 Bhavya Kaushik


Author's Note

Bhavya Kaushik
Just yesterday only I was practicing with my band and just for a break we started to sing the song "The Last Song I'm wasting On You" by Evanescence. Since we all are their huge fans and I was so much into that mood that this piece came into my mind.
It is entirely inspired by the song "The last song I'm wasting on you" by Evanescence :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow….
Fantastic….
A sincere translation…
Of a dilemma….into a poem…
Very perfect in that sense….
Very touching too…
You attempt to come to terms with simultaneous feelings of attraction and repulsion…towards your object of love…


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow! No words! Such a creative format and you did a good job with the flow! It doesn't feel like you've been trying to fit the words into the first letters of the lines...amazing! Thanks for sharing:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


whatever inspired you to write , the last song is no waste at all. It has sheer poignance thta shines bright !

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow….
Fantastic….
A sincere translation…
Of a dilemma….into a poem…
Very perfect in that sense….
Very touching too…
You attempt to come to terms with simultaneous feelings of attraction and repulsion…towards your object of love…


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is like the story of my life! I know exactly what you mean. I am going through all of this right now. It is hard to forget that special person once they've made your life whole.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love the words you use, especially "gnarled." :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


One more thing.. no time , no thoughts, no words and no love is wasted in those we love.. it is a river that ends into an Ocean...I know.. some day soon, we will see it... Amen for you

Posted 14 Years Ago


This a World full of pain, sadness, sorrow, and emptiness but how has not ever felt this way?
Who is that heart who is complete and at the same time...deserted..
I admire you.. your soul your heart your spirit your mind.. your love the memory you have way deep inside your core..I respect you more now then ever.. for pouring all of you in my heart...I am in tears.. thinking how much you still love her.. even now..
you write no more.. but deep inside that wound is open, bleeding and it hurts like yesterday..today might be present.. but for you and me.!
We are in the pages of our past, God, love and still awaiting for a miracle.
I love your soul and everything you feel ...I wish I can healed your life..
But that power belongs to God.. My dear friend.. I have you so deep inside that it hurts
to know you love to strong and yet.. we do not have to hurt anymore.. we don't!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Great write B...:) You captured sadness, yet a still longing
of wanting that love that is now gone. Even for a last song,
the person isn't worthy of that:).

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow, such a powerfully painted on white canvas mood, sets this poem with a certain cemetary november aura. a grieving for love. a real pleasure to read, keep it up
the graphic is perfect

Posted 14 Years Ago


I don't really review poems which have been reviewed earlier.. It somehow makes me feel uncomfortable yet dunno why but I am doing it here... Probably cause the tears I fight after reading this work are a proof of how strongly I relate to the emotion ... Feels like each word. Is exactly what I have been telling myself for the last one year or more.. I somehow lost the urge to right for I lost my lone reader but the end to the process was exactly the same and uncanny as it may seem but the start of the journey was a poem with a similar layout.. We'd name our style ..the 'pearl necklace'... It had words (pearls)..which would link the necklace.. Darn. This rekindled it all .. But you my friend are a magician with words...
May god bless you... Take care and keep smiling.. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4611 Views
49 Reviews
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on January 6, 2009
Last Updated on January 12, 2009

Author

Bhavya Kaushik
Bhavya Kaushik

India



About
National bestselling author of the novel, The Other Side of the Bed. You can place an order here: tinyurl.com/tosotb (flipkart) or can download it on your kindle from here: tinyurl.com/tosotbamazon .. more..

Writing