I'm Crashing

I'm Crashing

A Chapter by Brianaswriting
"

I felt a sudden chill, and stuttered.

"

 Cry, burn, wish, relive, hurt, scream, die, and last but not least...love. Life can be a huge pain I won't lie or sugar coat it. Life is a beautiful gift though, yes I said gift. One of the struggles that we are given to deal with during our time on this world is love and heartbreaks. The definition of love is a feeling of personal attachment. When you’re young love seems pretty confusing, well I know it did in my perspective. The point is that last year in high school I went through a lot to be honest. I was labeled as a s**t, love w***e, desperate girl, and many other tags were given to me. I was once told that love is for dummies...It's been two years and I still disagree. Let me begin the story of my sophomore year.

  Ever since the divorce took place I think it shook mom up so badly that she can barely function anymore. She thinks I should attend Catholic School. I keep reminding her that I'm an honors student who has the best friends anyone could ask for, a stable household, and a safe lifestyle. She still ignores me. Mom said she would take my pro's into consideration when she makes her final decision. Later on that day I went to the diner to visit my friend Marsha. I was exhausted by the time I arrived, luckily she was waiting for me outside...or at least that's what I assumed she was doing. Marsha had a cigarette in her mouth. I felt a sudden chill, and stuttered while she blew smoke in my face.

 "Oh shut up Cassidy put one of these on your lips and blow," she whispered. I was never one to fall into peer pressure but I lost all sense of direction. It was like my conscience was given a muzzle. Marsha handed me a cigarette and lit the end. It smelled so bad, the aroma made me gag. A while later Marsha and I were smoking and resting in the parking lot. I felt so free. 

 "Hey! that car looks like your dads Cass," she frightened me so terribly that I bit the cigarette. It was dads car. Damn! He drove by slowly to make sure it was his little girl on the ground smoking. Once dad knew it was me the car door flung open, he snatched me by my collar without saying one word and tossed me into the backseat. 

 Mom was in the living room knitting when dad rushed through the door. 

 "Kathy you'll never believe what our daughter had in her mouth!" I kept my mouth shut.

 Mom walked up to me and told me to speak. When I refused to she put her hand on my cheeks and squeezed them. My lips puckered instantly. I spit out the chunk of tobacco and she began crying.

 "What the hell!" I screamed.

"Don't speak to your mother like that!" dad chimed in.

"Go to your room now! “ Mom hollered. They are both idiots, they don’t understand me or my actions. At first I was confused, but now I see why they aren’t together anymore.



© 2013 Brianaswriting


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can tell this is going to be a very well written, well developed story line. The characters are already starting to show what side they will be on. My only criticism is to look at the way your scentances are written. Sometimes you appear to restate yourself or use double negatives. Other then that, this is great!

Posted 9 Years Ago


well written characters already beginning to show their leads in the story. Emotions are deep and meaningful. I cannot seem to get to read the next chapter. I am a newbie on this site.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Brianaswriting

11 Years Ago

Thank you for giving me the pleasant feedback. At the beginning of my story it gives the option to s.. read more
Very intense! Reading the next chapter now! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Brianaswriting

11 Years Ago

thanks :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

243 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 31, 2012
Last Updated on April 13, 2013
Tags: love, teen, girl, life, fiction


Author

Brianaswriting
Brianaswriting

NJ



About
In a place where it's IDEAL to be REAL, we fall for those with hearts of STEEL, an idle body is no big DEAL, and dreams are fusions of what the mind FEELS. more..

Writing