Saving Sorry Behinds

Saving Sorry Behinds

A Chapter by Brooklyn

I stare at the lined paper, begging for something to come to my useless brain on the reproductive cells of eukaryotes. I write down a really science-sounding answer that is total BS.  I can’t wait til that test is graded!

By the end of school, everyone has heard about how Joan (the girl, I finally remembered her name! How’s that for true love?) was saved by a superhero. And now they are all crowding her, dying to know who is behind the mask. I sorta want to know too. Well, who’s she’s gonna tell them anyway.

“I really can’t tell…I promised…” Joan tries to buy time. But I’m surprised she can think with all the pleading happening. “I guess he wouldn’t mind if I told you…” Actually, I would. But only if you guessed right. Go ahead, tell the world, as long as it’s not me. “It’s Tray McCathrey!”This was met by the whole school gasping collectively.

 I mean Tray makes sense. He’s a jock, popular, rich, why not superhuman on top of it?

The crowd parts, all turning to Tray. He stands there in shock, then the realization comes to him that he is supposed to say something. “I guess you all found out…I can’t hide my secret any longer! I am the superhero you call Nameless!”

The crowd cheers. Everyone but me who stands there laughing hysterically. This should be interesting.

 

“Tray!” I hear someone scream just as my mind starts to run out of things to keep me awake about. “Help me!” Hmm… Should I, the one with actual super powers, answer the cry for help?

I open my window and expertly climb down the side of the brick apartment building that I live in. We have a giant apartment that takes up the top three floors, including our own full-scale theater. My room is on the highest floor and is basically three times the size of the average teen’s.

When I was eight, it had been covered head to toe with super hero posters and comics. Spiderman, Ironman, the Incredible Hulk, you name it. That was before I found out that I had some of the same powers as the fictional characters that I  worshiped.

I found it out in ninth grade when I had tried to open my locker and accidentally ripped it clean of its hinges. I’ve had about a year to cope since then. A year to get used to no sleep, my dad hating my guts (though he doesn’t know it), and having people’s lives in my hands.

I think I’m doing pretty good.

“Tray!” The voice, which I’ve figured out is female, calls again.

He’s not gonna be able help you, I telepathically tell her, even though I know that she won’t be able to hear.

I’m not jealous. I’m really not. Actually, I feel sorry for the guy. Now that he has been “outed” as a superhero, his lifespan has shortened dramatically. You know how at the end of the Spiderman movie Gwen’s dad is dying and he gives Peter back his mask saying, “ You’re going to need this. You are going to make enemies. Dangerous enemies. People are going to get hurt; sometimes the people closest to you”? That’s why. He and all his friends are now targets. ‘Cause if he is eliminated, there is nothing in the way of the bad guys doing what they want. Well, except for the cops. But they don’t usually look that far ahead.  

But I’m a superhero, so I can’t let him be killed. Right now I’m just trying to come up with a plan to prevent that from happening without stepping into frying pan myself. And I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t looking forward to seeing the plan Joan and Tray cook up to protect their secret.

Luckily the scene is close so I can sprint form the apartment to there. And you can imagine my surprise when I see someone already there. Someone with the same exact suit as me. There is only one difference; he isn’t wearing a mask. Tray McCathrey.

Does he have a death wish?!

It’s one thing to announce it to the entire highshcool student body, but it’s another to show up without a disguise. That’s like going up to the bad guys saying, “hey, look at me! I’m the guy you want to kill!” Idiot.

Now I have to save his sorry behind, along with the other sorry behinds that need to be saved in the first place. Great. Pile on the work, why don’t ya? 

Let the dramatic music play…



© 2012 Brooklyn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can't wait for more.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is great!!!! I love your writing! Keep up the good work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Really good! Keep writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
MOAR!

Posted 11 Years Ago


How is Tray going to get out of this? How is Seth going to get out of this without anyone noticeing? This is great so far! Keep up the wonderful writting.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 22, 2012
Last Updated on July 22, 2012


Author

Brooklyn
Brooklyn

why do you want to know?, MA



About
I'm a fourteen year old girl that is now in her freshman year of highschool. wish me luck!. I'm awful at spelling, and I need to work on "down time" in stories. I also can't seem to write one book for.. more..

Writing
But Not But Not

A Poem by Brooklyn


Nightmares Nightmares

A Poem by Brooklyn


Insanity Insanity

A Story by Brooklyn



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter III Chapter III

A Chapter by Lydia


 Chapter V Chapter V

A Chapter by Lydia


Chapter VII Chapter VII

A Chapter by Lydia


Fly Away Fly Away

A Poem by Brooklyn