Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Brooklyn

“Bring in the prisoner.” They dragged him from the cell. Dressed in purple and gold, his head was high and he walked confidently. “And make sure you hold him tight.” The guard added at the sight of the fearless man.

            Laughter rumbled through the prisoner’s body and escaped through his mouth. “Are you afraid, Captain? Afraid of an old man such as myself?”

            “I would be a fool if I thought you were just an old man.” The captain said quietly but dangerously. “You may go,” he dismissed the two soldiers. They nodded in a solute and left.

Once the two men were gone the old man in chains continued. “Yes, I suppose you would be even more of a fool considering what I did to you’re son.” The captain snapped and the tip of his sword met the man’s throat, drawing a drop of blood. “Kill me,” the prisoner said, staring down the sword into the captain’s eyes. “But you won’t gain anything. It won’t bring you’re son back. If you want to truly avenge his death then you will help me.”

“What kind of trick is this?” The guard demanded, his voice shaking slightly.

“Yes, I killed your son. But I didn’t have a choice. Aid me and we will call vengeance on the man who is responsible for his death and for so many others’. The man who is responsible for all of this destruction! Mordred

The Captain looked at him steadily and for a moment the captive allowed himself to believe that there was hope. That this wasn’t the end. Then the guard plunged his sword into the stomach of the man.

He gasped for breath, his eyes slowly loosing their eerie glow. Blood gurgled out of his mouth as he collapsed onto the stone floor. As his murderer turned away, he spoke his last words, “Killing me won’t stop the prophecy. I am the messenger; I do not have a part in the unfolding. Tell your master his days are numbered.” Then he closed his eyes. The fight for his life was over. I was time to surrender to Death’s embrace and hope that it would have pity on his damaged soul.  



© 2012 Brooklyn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well, this was a good, interesting prologue! I enjoyed it very much but you did have quite a few grammatical mistakes.
I think that you should make 'his head was high' to 'his head was 'held' high' because it adds a bit more flow to it. It just sounds better.
Also, 'Once the two men were gone, the old man continued.' You should add a comma after gone so it's not a run on.
Also, a greater word choice would help the prologue a bit.
But overall, it's a great story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Oh so wonderful :) I cant wait to see how this unfolds.!! I just have one thing to point out The "I" in the last sentence is that supposed to be "It"?? I was just wondering if its not then dont worry I just was curious. But I must say the last line is my favorite. Cant wait to read more!! Thank you for sharing :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nice last sentence.
For some reason, the captive really reminded me of Chris...eh oh well, he's dead now. Nice beginning to a story with a lot of open alleyways which is what you want. Good descriptions and details, great work

Posted 11 Years Ago


It sounds like a good story so far. In the beginning of a story it's important to quickly grab the reader's attention with good scene descriptions, along with a bit of mystery and action. You could probably elaborate on the physical descriptions of the cell and surroundings. Good job so far.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Really diggin' this! Type of story I plan to write! A few tips?
Walking or dragging? "They dragged him from the cell" and "he walked confidently"
And if you are talking about two different people you need to specify.
I love what you have so far. It draws the reader in a captures their attention. Prologues need to have questions that the reader should be thinking.
-Who's his master?
-What prophecy?
-Messenger for who?
-Who is Mordred?
I do think it'd be better if you didn't name who is responsible. It'd make the readers REALLy think the man was crazy and be on the cpatains side. You know?
Hope I was heldful!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Great prologue. Really pulls a reader in, and makes them want to know more of the story. I can't wait to read more, and see where this goes.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Good prologue. I want to read more.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nice prologue!


Posted 11 Years Ago


Hmmm, I can't tell if I'll like it or not yet. If there's romance, I'm in :P

Posted 11 Years Ago


Brooklyn

11 Years Ago

Don't worry, there will be romance. I don't think I can write a book without romance...
Amanda

11 Years Ago

haha good
it's good, I'm not sure if it's right for me though. I'll read the next few chapters but I'm not sure if I'll get to hooked.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 1, 2012
Last Updated on August 1, 2012


Author

Brooklyn
Brooklyn

why do you want to know?, MA



About
I'm a fourteen year old girl that is now in her freshman year of highschool. wish me luck!. I'm awful at spelling, and I need to work on "down time" in stories. I also can't seem to write one book for.. more..

Writing
But Not But Not

A Poem by Brooklyn


Nightmares Nightmares

A Poem by Brooklyn


Insanity Insanity

A Story by Brooklyn



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


BUTTERFLY BUTTERFLY

A Poem by afra


Try So Hard Try So Hard

A Poem by Abbie


FIREFLIES FIREFLIES

A Poem by afra