Goodbye, City

Goodbye, City

A Chapter by Bug377



     "Goodbye Concrete. This is probably the last time i see you for a while. Now the only thing that is going to be on the ground at my house is...grass." I said as I walked away from my apartment. I looked at the Saks store across the street and flinched. That was one major thing I would miss like crazy.                     

       I walked to the taxi as it took me to the other demension: West Virginia.

 

3 Hours Later

Charleston, West Virginia.

         "Oh my gosh. Are you kidding me Mom?" I said as i stared deeply at the old Victorian style house and acres of grass. I couldn't believe it.

        "You will start school tomorrow. I suggest you help us unpack then go to sleep. Your TV won't be unpacked yet probably. You hate to read, so i guess you have one choice, which is sleeping. Now grab a box and help us." Mom said as we grabbed the big cardboard boxes out of the huge truck. I tried to get the one with my TV in it, but I didn't see it.

         I walked up to my room and  realized Mom had decided to go ahead and paint it for me. It was a bright red with brown and green curtains and furniture filling the room. I thought it was decent, but would a million times better with furniture, of course. I flopped down onto the bed and stared at the ceiling. I sat there thinking of what in the world I was going to do here in West Virginia........

        What would all of the girls be like? The boys? I would be like a stranger in this world of uniforms and grass. School would be terrible. I am not as stuck up as I seem. People just don't realize that I have a harder life then most. My Dad is never home. I usually only live with my Mom. I can't remember the last time I saw or spoke to my Dad. He works in a lot of different places. Sometimes he just walks out of the house and never even says bye. It really messes me up. Then my Mom is very conserved and quiet. I can never talk to her about anything. She doesn't hover at all, which is kinda good at sometimes. I usually sit in my room and think. I can't have a cell phone. My TV is the size of a microwave. SOmetimes my life is really rough.......

        I went to bed early that night. I put on my radio. It was some new pop song. I thought of my Dad. I have not heard from him. It was for some reason making me nervous. I put a CD into the player and put on Avril Lavigne. I turned to her song "When your Gone." I listened and held my breath. My Dad was more of the talker then my Mom.  I had always felt closer to him then to Mom. I finally fell asleep that night, with a headache..........

 

          That morning, I put on my blue and green plaid skirt. I had a tie on with my light blue long sleeve shirt. I wore low top black converse that morning. I grabbed a banana and a granola bar and threw them into a bag. Mom was still asleep. Ugh.

      "Mom, I have to go to school!" I yelled, shaking Mom in her bed. She moved a tiny bit then got up without a word and brushed her teeth. Then she threw herself into the car and waited for me.

      I got into the car without a word. I was too nervous. About five minutes later, we pulled into the school.



© 2009 Bug377


Author's Note

Bug377
Ignore grammar and punctuation please!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Well, the first thing I was gonna say WAS grammar and punctuation, but you already covered that. Other than that, your writing is really good. I don't know why your down on yourself. I much enjoyed this. Lie, my friend Caterina, she wrote a lot on WEbook, and people liked her stuff, but between you and me (and probably other peoples that are reading this as well) she kinda sucks. But I don't know why I am mentioning this, because your writing is awesome! I'm not even joking! Email me when you get new stuff posted or something, 'cause I probably won't be checking Writer's Cafe everyday for them (haha--no offense) but my gmail, girl, not the yahoo. I don't check that one anymore! ^_^ see ya!

--Your camp friend,
Kelsey

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

'That was one major thing I would miss like crazy.' maybe a little bit of redundancy here?

ok.. so is this starting in new york city? secondly, is a taxi cab taking our protagonist all the way to charleston? thirdly... that might be a little more than three hours, unless she's flying and the taxi's taking her to the airport, which would solve every single one of the problems I just mentioned.

hey- this could go anywhere, and I like it!!!! oh, one other thing- what's our protagonist's name?

Posted 14 Years Ago


Lol well I was about to talk about the grammar and punctuation which is ussually what reviews are for lol. Anyways good storyline, just edit it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well, the first thing I was gonna say WAS grammar and punctuation, but you already covered that. Other than that, your writing is really good. I don't know why your down on yourself. I much enjoyed this. Lie, my friend Caterina, she wrote a lot on WEbook, and people liked her stuff, but between you and me (and probably other peoples that are reading this as well) she kinda sucks. But I don't know why I am mentioning this, because your writing is awesome! I'm not even joking! Email me when you get new stuff posted or something, 'cause I probably won't be checking Writer's Cafe everyday for them (haha--no offense) but my gmail, girl, not the yahoo. I don't check that one anymore! ^_^ see ya!

--Your camp friend,
Kelsey

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 13, 2009
Last Updated on April 13, 2009


Author

Bug377
Bug377

MS



About
I am a 12 year old girl from the south-east. I love to write. I hate people who think that children can't write because it is obviously not true. I have a friend on here who is my age and is one.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ice Ice

A Poem by glorygrace&gold