Bushy-Man

Bushy-Man

A Poem by J. Hampton
"

an Oldie ...about Our lame-duck ....addressing .. "we should make sure home is right "... I mean if our own house isn't in order...then ..... ( what does that say )

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1st  let me say …I love my country…and although I don’t agree with Bushs’ political moves …I still pray for him ..better to pray for the President you have  than ….the one that you don’t.  I wrote this after his girls got busted underage in a bar in town when they attended Yale University. I felt bad after 911 and no longer performed this for a while.

 

 

Newscasters stage-left

It’s a quarter to seven.

Snoozed through the news

in my chair

like I care …..

I’ll catch the film at eleven.

 

I Hear the Bushy Man’s makin’ a speech

On the state of the nation.

An address on the mess

A fireside chat

Pervading all stations…..

 

“ Bushy-man ….Bushy-man…the polls are are still warm

the ballots are dimpled….the counters …all gone

victory the same size

 as the  margin that won “

 

How’s it feel to be large and in charge

Of a people in chaos ?

Poverty…agony

Scandals and lay-offs

Social security cuts…

Less welfare…

More pay-offs .

 

Insider trading

The stars and the stripes

With a faith ever fading.

Campaign contributions

“Pacs” …n’ the like.

Tax breaks for Big-Daddies

Keep that list outta sight.

 

Bushy-man high horse

Top-Dog and all that.

Now that the budget’s

All balanced and fat.

 

Clipped the wings from the programs

That do the hopeless some good.

Never saw you campaign

In our neighborhood !

 

Just back-scratchin’ buddies

Yeah…you know the ones

That avoid  tricky questions

When the cats’ got your tongue.

 

Bushy-man…Bushy-man …

You need to check home

Your own house aint’ in order

Your children alone.

.Ivy-league …Underage

caught up like the rest

center-front-page.

Fell short of the nest.

 

Republican Math…

How can it be ?

You sell the soul of a country

So cheap …

Like the price

Of a homemade

 fake ID.

 

 

© 2001J.Hampton

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2008 J. Hampton


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Last Sunday (8th Feb.) President and Mrs. Bush honoured Abraham Lincoln's 199th Birthday. President Bush remarked, "He was a fabulous man, and a great President. His life was one of humble beginnings, and steadfast convictions. And so we celebrate his deeds, we lift up his ideals, and we honour this good man." The key words being - we lift up his ideals.

On the same day, this statement was reported;

'About 3.5 million US residents (about 1% of the population), including 1.35 million children, have been homeless for a significant period of time. Over 37,000 homeless individuals (including 16,000 children) stay in shelters in New York every night. This information was gathered by the Urban Institute, but actual numbers might be higher.'

And theses are just the official guess-taments!

Bushy-man, bushy-man, who's got the spin! Great write - says it all really!

God's Blessing
Phillozofee

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Excellent you provey your views into a poem without overstating your self. Bravo difficult to accomplish.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 5 people found this review constructive.

waiting for someone to talk, in this the politics are so incredibly fucked up i don't think we can ever get back to what we once were, the romans had it the british had it now we lost it, if you can't spread anymore you automatically diminish....

lord i hate these group of people running this beautiful place, teh leader dick the puppet bush and the liars all around, and im the one sounding crazy for yelling by myself against it

also with the war, did you ever think the Nazi's ever thought as themselves the bad guys?

no

nnow we are in that same predicament, im gonna write a political piece soon but it has to be profound, perfect i have about a hundred ready , but i'm still waiting


and finally someone has the same thoughts as me, the love for this country yet the pure hate to the idea its become, if i scream at the top of my lungs i can't be heard, but people like us together and we can maybe slow America's slow deterioration to the idea of "remember when"


thanks

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 7 people found this review constructive.

YES INDEED!!! Go girl, hit them with the truth. Got me all hyped up over here :-) lol I can always come to your page and feel a lot better. I get empowered, uplifted, emlightened-all that. Keep doing what you do, cause I am lovin it :-)

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 5 people found this review constructive.

YEA!!! AMEN.. did i say AMEN!!!!! preach it sista!! LOL yo i HATE bush, you couldn;t of put it any betta than this! dont even have his own family under control but tryna control our nation... betta yet the whole world.. scurry huh??? LOVED the write its goin into my favs!

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 5 people found this review constructive.

You have that old school style that I love. You carry this smooth rhythm tempo that really shows a lot of soul. You haven't been changed by all these up and coming styles, you carry on what your heart wants you to reveal. You follow that spark and make it a light.

I admit

I had to giggle every time that I read BUSHY MAN!

LOL! WOman you have a mind. that's never to be twisted.

Much love,
Li

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 5 people found this review constructive.

I enjoy this part about republicans butt you should add a piece about high gas prices and the war of the worlds...
Republican Math�
How can it be ?
You sell the soul of a country
So cheap �
Like the price
Of a homemade
fake ID.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 4 people found this review constructive.

indeed, a very FAKE ID ! - *claps* to you J.Hampton!

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 5 people found this review constructive.

...and he did, and he will continue to do so. The twins were busted more than once for the same offense, but Daddy didn't care. He was too busy completing Granpa's game-plan, so America beware. He's such a horse's arse, no head on either end...only enough brain to say 'yessir' and 'noma'am' to superiors...just about everybody else in the world! Pray for him? Pray for the rest of the world. I can't even get started on him and his ilk. He's a joke that people stopped laughing at a long time ago. This was a very good write, tho'.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 5 people found this review constructive.

...and if fake ID's aren't American, then to hell with it--NOTHING is!!!

If only you'd seen the email I wrote to Dick and George...maybe I'll post it.

EXCELLENT AMERICAN piece!

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 5 people found this review constructive.

Now these words are spoken and that's Spoken Word.

Well...once there's a writing with Bush , there's like an ambush...
Good that you dare but don't try the same with Tony Blair...
Saying nothing less than they're the ones that, somehow, are taking us somewhere
Though it seems they're often taking us nowhere!
Why they don't care about the 'welfare'?
Don't ask me,
You already know they don't care for 'Poverty...agony'
By the way, I wouldn't mess with their family
Cause they're not like everybody...

J 317

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 5 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

896 Views
32 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 7, 2008
Last Updated on February 11, 2008


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..