If...

If...

A Poem by A.Lee

If I stood
At the top of the highest building
Would you come?
Do I deserve to change my mind?

If I leapt
Took off to reach unmoving concrete
Would you reach out?
Do I deserve to be alive?

If I fell
Both wind and heartbeat quickly racing
Would you catch me?
Do I deserve to escape my fate?

And if you did
Embrace me in that final grasp
Would it be right?
Or would we both deserve to die?

© 2010 A.Lee


Author's Note

A.Lee
This piece reflects the thought of leaping, not necessarily into death or suicide, but into depression or giving up on oneself. Often times, suffering ones yearn for someone to pull them back and tell them that they deserve to be happy, or to live, but at the same time they wonder if being saved was the "right" thing to do. Maybe they didn't deserve it. Anyhow, just thoughts. :) Comment.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, I definatley feel what you were when you wrote this. Intresting, I enjoyed it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was a good poem. I see what you were trying to do here. I know people do jump in and out of depression and they do give up. The lesson is they need to raise their heads up and think highly of themselves. I understand where this is coming from. I have depression. I need to learn how to get through it without hurting myself in the process. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


You always deserve what life brings your way. I understand where you are coming from though. Life is full of ups and downs and miracles happen in the oddest of times, take what life throws at you with grace (as you have) you deserve to be saved a million times over.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Amazing poem

Posted 13 Years Ago


Amazing piece, you're such a good writer...the imagery was just awesome...wonderful read. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


yes every one Deserve a chance at Happiness Deppession is no fun i have been that down in my life it's some thing i am afraid of is a scary place to be in your life so we all deserve a Chance at happiness if they fell yes i would Catch them if it was saving them if it was my son for example which he isn't dealing with that i would die for my son to save him i would Die For my savior if i was doing a good turn for him in saving a life and it acctually helped the innocent soul Specially if it wasn't their time to leave this earth. Nice Write God bless



Posted 13 Years Ago


"Would it be right?" is an extremely interesting question, and one that many people would not normally consider for a moment; the saving of someone is the instinct of human sympathy, perhaps. Although ostensibly a simple consideration, the implication here is a profound one, purely because it confronts a possibility which rational morals dare not face (or perhaps it would not even occur to them at all). The question is one which raises even more deeper questions. It may seem on the face of it to be self-deprecating introspection but I think this poem as a whole carries much more philosophical weight than that.
A technically pleasing piece of work; satisfyingly compact and concise in delivery. And from a realist, lateral-thinking point of view, an intelligent poem on an emotional and cerebral level.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love the poem.
"Or would we both deserve to die?" I love this end because (in addition to your note, to which I can totally relate), it also raises the question of the value of someone saving another person. People tend to believe "saving" is good, but sometimes the person doesn't need help (this was not saving at all), or just has to do this thing on her own.
And I like the way you go trough the poem keeping the question "do i deserve ?". That's a very important question that makes many people miserable, sometimes for no reason.
Nice write !

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

747 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 23, 2010
Last Updated on August 23, 2010

Author

A.Lee
A.Lee

Monroe, GA



About
I am lots of things, but here you'd identify most with the writer and avid reader. I have three beautiful children. The oldest boy, Seth, passed last year after fighting a long battle with cancer. .. more..

Writing
One Thousand One Thousand

A Poem by A.Lee


Whisper Whisper

A Poem by A.Lee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Love And Lust Love And Lust

A Poem by Manda