1.) Mitchie

1.) Mitchie

A Chapter by careyXcarnage

Getting Dressed.

Crimping my hair.

Brushing my teeth.

Putting on my shoes.

Getting my papers up.

Going to school.

My routine. Every morning the monotony of the same exact ritual. Dull and unimpressive. At school it's about the same.

English.

Math.

Science.

Social Studies.

French.

Ahh, then there is dance. Dance is where I outlet my monotonous and dreary days. Twirling and spinning, dropping and rising. Always something different in dance, like Mitchie. There is only one month left in school. Most people are buzzing about, talking to their friends. I have no friends. I had a lot of friends before tenth grade. Tenth grade was when I came out. I am a lesbian. The day I came out, all of my "friends" abandoned me. The stares were what killed me the most. A new girl came that day, her name was Mitchie, and we were instant friends.

 

We are now in twelth grade, I asked Mitchie why she never abandoned me after she knew I was a lesbian. And I was totally unprepared for the answer.

"Cara, I'm a lesbian too. I didn't abandon you because I didn't want you to abandon me when I told you I loved you."

I was excited. Too excited, and it showed on my face. She asked me a question I wouldn't have been able to answer only a minute ago.She asked me if I loved her too.

How could I explain!? I loved everything about her!

"How could you even ask me that? I thought it was obvious!"

"What do you mean?"

"I love you! Your ivory skin, your black shaggyness (she calls it hair), your plump red lips, your 'I don't care' attitude, everything!"

"I love you too! I love your butterscotch hair, your voice when you say my name, your eyes(she emphasized this the most, because even though I was black, I had bright green, yellow, and blue eyes), the way you don't try to be everything that society wants, everything!"

We hugged the most beautiful hug I have ever had the pleasure of being part of.

 

In her arms, I felt so warm and safe.

I felt right.



© 2008 careyXcarnage


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
Added on November 22, 2008
Last Updated on December 20, 2008