"MUNDUS MAGI" Chapter I: "VISION"

"MUNDUS MAGI" Chapter I: "VISION"

A Chapter by schmidt

MUNDUS MAGI

BOOK ONE: DENATOR

 



CHAPTER I: “VISION”

 

The Kingdom Denator is dwelled by Denatorians. They are humanoids closely similar to each other. All of them have ash blond hair, brown eyes (but they differ in shapes), light skinned, born with tattoos all over their bodies that glows in the dark (Except from the royal bloods. Royal bloods are born without tattoos on them), royal bloods’ skin glisten and hardened like diamonds at night, Denatorians hearts are covered with blue crystal gem inside their bodies which is also their source of extraordinary strength, they are the tallest race in Mysquetonia average Denatorian stands six feet and ten inches tall and some of them reached the peak height of eight feet and could live over seven hundred years but their physical form stop aging at the age of sixty. A full grown Denatorian could lift up to over a thousand pounds and known to be highly skilled in physical combat.

 

Denator is currently ruled over three hundred years by its 11th ruler, King Magnar and her wife Queen Rowanda, granddaughter of the Kingdom’s powerful mage Griades.

 

 

 

The door creaked open. Adalia’s pointed ears twitched while she was staring at her hand surrounded by a glowing blue energy ball. She remained still, although the footsteps and the clanging of metal armor she heard drew closer.

 

“You’re gettin’ stronger,” a croaky voice of a man.

Adalia turned to him. She clenched her hand and the glowing energy around it disappeared in thin air. She already knew who’s coming behind her, “Good day, Altus Aurik!” She grinned, her voice was naturally sultry and her gleaming crystal blue eyes narrowed. (*Altus refers to Denatorian Royal Blood). “And what brings you here in my chamber?” She walked closer to him; her tone long legs were sneaking in and out from the slits of her satin white draped gown. She was so tempting.

 

A loud thud echoed the room when Prince Aurik laid his broad enormous sword on the table in front of Adalia. He took a seat and asked, “Am I disturbing your meditation?”

She took her seat across Aurik and crossed her legs, “Not really.” She snapped her fingers and the jar of wine elevated in the air. Adalia glanced at the silver goblet and it moved by itself across the table towards Aurik. She waved her hand and the jar filled the silver goblet with wine. “Care for a drink?” She said.

“I’m always fascinated with that trick of yours, Adalia.” He answered and took a sip from the silver goblet.

“Oh dear Prince, the flowers of your mouth never wither, but I prefer talent rather than trick,” she twirled her index finger and the jar filled her goblet.

 

Adalia is not used on holding anything. She always relies on her telekinetic ability and she does it effortlessly because she harnessed it very well.

 

“That’s why you’re always been Sathra Griades’ favorite student (*Sathra- Denatorian term that refers to supreme mentor of magic),” he added.

“Sathra Griades’ been very good to me ever since. He’s like a father to me actually,” she assumed while making circles with her finger on the rim of her goblet. “Anyways, did King Magnar already approve your brother Erez’s desires?” She added.

“He doesn’t have a choice,” Aurik took another sip. “Erez was so relentless about bein’ part of the council in Sorrhopia.”

“What about Queen Rowanda? We all know that Erez been the Queen’s favorite and she’s always pushing Erez to be the next successor of your father.”

“Erez has known what he wanted ever since we were children. He is so obsessed about magic in order to be one of the councils that safeguards Mysquetonia and he have it. Even the Queen couldn’t stop what Erez wants. He is so driven about it.”

Adalia chuckled.

“What was that for?” His right eye narrowed. He was intrigued by her gesture.

“Don’t mind it. It’s nothing important,” she chuckled again.

But Aurik begged, “Oh c’mon! Please tell me!”

Adalia couldn’t help it, he left her no choice but to spill what she had in mind. “I just find it funny. The youngest Altus is better than the eldest. I expected him to be naïve among the three of you but he is the most determined. It made me think that the Queen is probably right that Prince Erez is the rightful successor.”

“Nah! I don’t care about the throne neither of those royal duties. All I care about are the privileges of an Altus.”

“Grow up Aurik! We’re no longer kids!” She’s exasperated. “You are the first born and an Altus. You are born for it for a reason. You should fulfill your destiny. I am closer to you than your brothers…” She gently held his hands. “My aid for you is eternal. Remember that I am always here and will continue to encourage you until you embrace your destiny.” Her eyes were convincing him.

“Did you saw it in one of your visions?” He said in a sarcastic tone. “I mean, you could see the future right?”

Adalia gave him a nasty smirk, “You always think of wandering around�"in the woods, towns, and everywhere. You never grew up, and you’re having fun like a kid. Well then, I’ve got something for you. Something that we used to do when we were kids.” She flicked her finger and the wine from her goblet splashed onto Aurik’s face. “How about that?”

He grinned and wiped his face with his bare hand. “Nice one.”

Aurik swiftly grab the jar and splashed its contents to Adalia but she disappeared in a flash. “That’s what I hate about your tricks!”

She teleported behind Aurik. “Tricks? Really?” She whispered.

Aurik turned to her but she disappears again leaving a blue smoke matter with sparkling dusts. “That Nether trick is not fair!” He was starting to get pissed.

Adalia appeared in the corner, “I told you I prefer talent!” She waved her hand again, the chair levitated and slams towards Aurik but he managed to crush it with both hands and swiftly strike back at her. He threw the goblet with haste but she disappeared again. He missed for the second time. “Damn!!”

He turned behind him and Adalia appeared at the same instant. He hugged her tightly, “Gotcha!!”

 

Adalia froze. Aurik’s charming brown eyes darted to hers and she felt something electric rushing the blood in her veins. Then her heart beat faster. Things were in slow motion.

 

“You never change your style. I know you’ll appear closer after a strike to tease me,” Aurik doesn’t often smile but when he does, he’s getting more gorgeous.

Adalia felt awkward with Aurik’s arms around her, his smile that makes her weak and his darting brown eyes but she snapped their sight at once, “Get off me!!” She struggled from his arms.

“You’re too beautiful to lose,” he teased.

 

 

 

Adalia is the most beautiful girl in Denatorian Kingdom. Her Nether-Denatorian blood blended perfectly that makes her a stunning creature. Pointed ears and sparkling crystal blue eyes are her Nether traits while her height (7’3”), ash blond hair, rosy white skin and natural red lips came from her Denatorian blood. She is one of the most powerful sorcerer in the kingdom second to Sathra Griades�"her mentor. She is an adopted daughter of King Magnar but there are rumors that she is a real daughter of the King from a Nether woman in one of his quests before. She was speculated to be a half Denatorian royal blood when was born without a tattoo but does have the royal Denatorian skin; glisten and hardened like diamonds at night.

 

In her early age, King Magnar noticed her Nether abilities. Her ability to teleport and telekinetic power decided King Magnar to send her to Academy of Magic under Griades in order to enhance her capabilities. She excelled most among the rest of the students in the academy and known for her powers. At the age of 16 she developed a new ability�"having a vision of the future. She is the sole creature of Mysquetonia who possesses such power and her visions never fail that’s why she became an asset of Denator. Aside from those abilities she also adapted the extraordinary strength of Denatorians but not as strong as the full blooded ones.

 

 

 

“I said get off me!!” she uttered again.

“Hey! Hey! Cool down…” Aurik kept on teasing Adalia with his smile without loosening her.

“This is no longer funny, Aurik. Don’t let me use my powers on you,” she sounds irritated and continued struggling from him. Aurik was stronger than her to get loose.

“I know you won’t let me get hurt,” his tone was complacent.

“You should doubt that.” Adalia released a glowing blue force around her body that blew Aurik away�"ability she learned from the academy.

Aurik fainted as he slams against the wall that created a loud bang.

“Aurik?!” Adalia was anxious. “I didn’t expect that force would inflict such impact on you.” She rushed to him and laid his head on her lap, “Aurik? Aurik, wake up!” She was tapping his cheek; worried that he might be injured.

Aurik slowly opened his eyes, “I know you’ll always worry about me.” He said in low voice.

She dropped his head on the floor.

“Ouch!!” Aurik rubbed his head. “That hurts!”

She smiled, “You never win as always and that’s just right for---” She heard a sharp eerie sound and saw a dazzling flash of light. Her forehead wrinkled, eyebrows crossed and she held her head. “Arghh… I’m having a vision. M-my head aches, Aurik.” She was woozy and about to drop on the floor.

Aurik stood up hastily and guided Adalia on her bed. “Are you okay?”

“I need to see your father,” she said. Her voice was weak and worried.

“What did you saw? Tell me!”

Her crystal blue eyes filled with fear, “Darkness will rise again in Mysquetonia.”

“How could that be? Mysquetonia is at peace for a very long time.”

“I don’t know. But my vision is clear and it never fails.”

Adalia became restless. She tried to get up out of bed but she seemed too weak. Her vision terribly drained her energy; the dark force probably imbibed it.

Aurik gently held her shoulders, “You should get some rest.”

“I can’t, Aurik! I am accountable for this matter,” she asserted. “It seemed so near… The Darkness in my vision is counting our days. All of us in Mysquetonia are in grave danger. We should find the mark at once.”

Aurik’s face filled with intrigue, “What mark?”

“A Nether woman bearing a mysterious mark in her body can help us save Mysquetonia from the coming peril. I need to talk to the King right now.”

“Calm down, Adalia. You need to save and regenerate your energy,” Aurik slowly laid her back in bed. “Perhaps I will take the King here in your chamber. I’ll be right back with him. Just relax. Everything will be fine.”

Her palm gently reached his cheek and drew her face closer to his. “Thank you,” she whispered.

 

 

 

Aurik opened wide the Royal Hall door. The door echoed and King Magnar got startled. He was sitting in his throne having a conversation with his Royal Generals. Aurik walked along the long aisle towards the King.

 

The Royal Hall was adorned with white and sky blue damask fabrics hung on every huge highly detailed pillars and stained windows that surrounds it. Dazzling chandeliers made of precious gems were hung overhead under the exquisite murals of the high ceiling.

 

“Excuse me from my intrusion, my King,” Aurik bowed down before his father.

“What is it, my son?” His father replied; eager to hear his words.

“It’s Adalia, father.” He rose. “She had a vision.”

“Then what is it about?”

“She saw Darkness in our world. She should tell you the whole thing herself.”

King Magnar rose from his throne. His inquiring mind tingled, “Where is she now?”

“She’s in her chamber, father. I told her to get some rest. The dark force consumed a lot of her energy. She’s awfully weak but she wishes to talk to you at once.”

“Take me to her, Aurik.” King Magnar turned to his Generals. “I’ll get back to our business later.”

 

Aurik escorted the King to Adalia’s chamber.

She is still lying in her bed, trying to rest. The king sat beside her and brushed her long ash blonde hair, “How are you feeling, dear?” He asked.

Aurik was standing after the King and Adalia slowly turned to her highness.

“My son Aurik told me what happened. What did you saw?” The King asked.

“I saw a strong dark matter with an extremely strong force. You were there, my King.

Standing next to you were three shadows. I interpreted them as your three sons. You passed your crown to one of them then the shadow grew bigger. It sheltered the whole Mysquetonia. I saw fire… Ashes… Bloods… and withered living things,” then Adalia’s voice begun to shake. “I heard screams and cries. They cry for help. Denator crumbled to the ground, as well as Sorrhopia, Kingdom of Netheria was burnt, Kingdom of Cephaldore sunk into the ocean, and Val’ Nahzar burst covered with lava. It was the end of Mysquetonia.”

 

There was a sudden alarm in King Magnar’s face. There were terror in his eyes, “That’s dreadful, Adalia.”

“But we need not to worry, my King. We can do something about it.” She added.

“How? Who’s behind these things?”

“I don’t know who’s behind it but my vision doesn’t stop there. You have to determine your rightful heir. One of your sons, the rightful one should bear a child to a Nether woman with a mysterious mark in her body.”

“A Nether? A mark?”

“Yes, your highness. A Nether with a mysterious mark and a rightful Atlus’ offspring possesses a very strong power that could stop all of it but the situation is crucial. There’s a great possibility that Dorion will be awaken.”

“What?! The God of Darkness?!”

“Exactly, my King. If you fail to choose the rightful successor, Dorion’s entity will contain the body of the half-Nether offspring.”

“Who is my rightful heir then?”

“I’m sorry… I don’t have any idea of that matter,” she halted. “King Magnar, I wish to have your approval on my journey to Sorrhopia.”

“You can’t go there by yourself, dear.” He hesitated. “If Darkness is about to come then it is very dangerous to travel alone.” King Magnar turned to Aurik, presuming to join her party. “You will accompany her, Aurik. She’ll need an Altus’ strength in her journey.”

“Father? Me?” Aurik abstained. He hated being in a long journey, “I just arrived from a Royal duty in Veram’orr village, maybe Jedrek can go with her. He’s just goofin’ around here anyway.”

“Aurik…” Adalia was disappointed about Aurik’s reluctance. She highly expected his company on that journey.

“Aurik!” there was intensity in King Magnar’s voice. “A mass destruction is about to happen! How could you decide like that?! You’re my eldest son and an Altus; you are bound for Royal duties especially for the best interests of the kingdom.”

“I’m done here father,” he stand on his decision. “I want to get some rest.” Aurik left Adalia’s chamber.

“You’re such a shame!!” The King yelled at him.

Adalia held the King’s hand, trying to smooth down his temper, “Don’t worry, my King. I can handle myself. My powers can keep me safe and I will return here safely. Escorts would only slow me down in this journey. I just have important matters to discuss with Keeper Adanea�"highest priestess of Sorrhopia. I know she can help me find the Nether bearing the mark.”

The King hugged her tightly, “Take care, my dear.”

 

 

The next morning, Adalia fully recuperated her energy and her determination made her more powerful. She donned her gold plated armor, and very much prepared than ever in her journey to Sorrhopia.

 

“You look gorgeous! A very beautiful half-breed in glistening armor,” Prince Jedrek, the second Royal son entered her chamber.

“Altus Jedrek, I have no time for your flirty tongue and amorous complement. We have a VERY serious situation here,” her tone was cynical.

“I know,” he said calmly. “I’m just being honest about things perceived by my eyes.”

“I’m leaving for a very important matter and if you wish to stay here longer just shut the door when you leave,” Adalia was very annoyed by his arrogant presence.

“Why are you so allergic with me? I didn’t do anything…” he moved to her bed and reached her blanket. He tenderly rubbed it to his cheek and fascinatingly smelled it. “Oohhh… that smell,” his tone was lascivious.

She waved her hand the blanket choked him. “How about that?”

He was choking, “I- I was j-just pull-pulling your leg.”

She snapped her fingers and the blanket dropped on the floor. “Don’t mess around with me again, Jedrek.” She warned him.

“I came here for a reason, Adalia. Since my diligent and industrious brother refused to join you, I am free to share my time with you in your journey.”

“I’m not fool enough to travel with you, Jedrek!”

“So now you’re rejecting me after being rejected by brother.”

“Shut up, Jedrek! This isn’t a good start of my trip. I prefer to travel alone than being with a maniac like you!”

“Maniac? Me? Uh-uh… It’s just a pre-judgment of me being a loving person. Should I blame myself if I’m very appealing to women?” he paused for a moment. “And does it include you?”

Adalia’s right hand began to glow; surrounded by a blue energy ball.

Jedrek glanced at her hand, “Okay! Okay! I’m just kidding. All I want is to travel with you.”

“No way!” Adalia strike him with energy ball from her hand but Jedrek was fast enough to dodge it with his sword.

“You miss m�" Damn! She’s gone. She used her teleport.”

 

 

Adalia teleported in the stables and took her white unicorn named Gyrah. She placed the saddle, jumped at Gyrah’s back and set off her journey. Gyrah is the fastest among the horses and unicorns in Mysquetonia.

 

When Adalia passed Rhunthor Village, she sensed something in the woods. She felt strange. Then she saw six people wearing black hoods and they’re heading the path to Theselas Village. She could hardly see their faces and they look suspicious.

 

“Hey!” She called their attention.

They turned to her and murmured at each other; something she couldn’t understand.

They’re not from here, she thought. Moments later they ran to her at tremendous speed. They’re attacking her.

They move fast. I’ve never seen like that before.

She meditated and the three swords from her back levitated. It followed the directions of her mind. The swords darted and slashed the three enemies that dispersed into black smoke. Two enemies left. One of them jumped in front of her. She casted two blue energy balls but she missed. Because of their haste, Adalia didn’t notice the other one that hopped and grabbed her from behind. She couldn’t move. She struggled from its grip until they both fell from Gyrah’s back. She released a force from her body but nothing happened. The force she released was being consumed.

What type of creature are they? She wondered.

The other one took a dagger from his waist and stabbed her.

 

Before the tip of the dagger touched her stomach, the creature who’s about to stab her was beheaded by a sword.

 

“Jedrek?!” Adalia uttered with a deep sigh. She felt a huge relief. That dagger might have killed her. “You followed me.” There was a bright light in her eyes.

Jedrek’s single blow of his sword slashed the creature holding Adalia.

“I’m not my brother, Adalia. I won’t let anyone hurt you,” he said.

The enemies dispersed into smoke.



© 2013 schmidt


Author's Note

schmidt
Please leave me a comment... I appreciate corrections, suggestions and advices... What do you think about the story? Your comments will help me inspire posting its chapters...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

THese are a few suggestions:

Aurik wide opened the Royal Hall door.AURIK OPENED WIDE THE ROYAL HALL DOOR.)


Adalia’s right hand begun to glow, it’s a blue energy that surrounds it.(ADALIA'S RIGH HAND BEGAN TO GLOW, SURROUNDED BY A BLUE ENERGY.)


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

THese are a few suggestions:

Aurik wide opened the Royal Hall door.AURIK OPENED WIDE THE ROYAL HALL DOOR.)


Adalia’s right hand begun to glow, it’s a blue energy that surrounds it.(ADALIA'S RIGH HAND BEGAN TO GLOW, SURROUNDED BY A BLUE ENERGY.)


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I made some suggestions about the first of this:

her tone(?) long legs was(WERE) sneaking in and out from the slits of her satin white draped gown.(WHITE SATIN GOWN)
“Erez always know what he wants ever since we’re still a child.("EREZ HAS KNOWN WHAT HE WANTED EVER SINCE WE WERE CHILDREN.")
Aurik’s charming brown eyes darted(TO) hers and she felt something electric that rushes the blood in her veins then her heart beat faster.(AND SHE FELT SOMETHING ELECTRIC RUSHING THE BLOOD IN HER VEINS. THEN HER HEART BEAT FASTER.)

I will read more of this later.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

schmidt

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much!! =D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 14, 2013
Last Updated on May 18, 2013
Tags: fantasy, book, power, elf, wizards, sorcerer, fiction, darkness


Author

schmidt
schmidt

Cagayan de Oro, X, Philippines



About
I'm an aspiring writer... I would like to develop my imagination and ability to create stories through writing and my english skills... Hope I could touch other people's interests... more..

Writing