"MUNDUS MAGI" Chapter III: "SHADOW"

"MUNDUS MAGI" Chapter III: "SHADOW"

A Chapter by schmidt
"

Nebrosetehs were unleashed in Mysquetonia.

"

MUNDUS MAGI

BOOK ONE: DENATOR

 

CHAPTER III: “SHADOW”


            “Are you the rightful heir, Altus Aurik?” Azzan asked the Prince.

            “Adalia never spoke of the rightful heir of the Denatorian throne, my chief. She hasn’t seen it in her vision,” Aurik replied.

            “I am aware of King Magnar’s three sons… Three Princes and two Nether marks, this is a tough one.” Azzan said. He was shaking his head and thought deeply about the situation.

            “But Adalia might have another vision that might answer these questions.”

            “I suppose.” Azzan agreed. “Okay, I grant you to take my daughters with you.”

            “But father, How about the queen of Netheria?” Kenna warned. “Any Nether that would dare leave the territory is punishable to death.”

            Azzan brushed her hair, “Need not to worry, my dear. I’ll explain everything to her. This concerns our world. I know she’ll consider.”

            Kenna nod then she turned to Aurik, “If you are the rightful heir, does it mean that I have to marry you?”

            Aurik swallowed. She was caught off guard by Kenna’s question. “Ahmm… Well, c-certainly. We’ll be doing it for the sake of our world. But let’s not think about it for now since we’re not yet sure of who are the chosen ones. It could be Orianna and one of my two other brothers.”

            Kenna smiled, “You looked so tensed. Was it a tough question? I’m just wondering how you’re going to answer the odds or whether you’re already prepared for future possibilities.”

            “Go on my daughters, start packing. You must leave soon,” Azzan said.

            “Yes, father,” they answered in unison.

 

            Orianna and Kenna left their father’s hut. They went to their room and started packing.

            “Isn’t he charming, sister?” Orianna asked her sister Kenna.

            “Indeed he is a charmer. An ideal man perhaps but he’s not my type.” Kenna replied dryly.

            “Really? Why you say so?” Orianna was intrigued. Deep inside her feels something for the Prince.

            “His eyes tell me something…” Kenna paused and walked around her. She does have an idea about her sister’s feelings. “She’s in love with someone.”

            “I don’t believe you.”

            Kenna clapped her hand, “I am expecting that answer, sister. Your mouth may lie but your eyes tell the truth. You have feelings for him. You wouldn’t believe what I just told you because you are hoping that the both of you will be the chosen ones.”

            Orianna was speechless. She froze. How did she know about it? Am I showing it obviously?

            “Don’t worry sister,” Kenna added. “I will not be in competition. He doesn’t interests me.” Kenna left the room.

            Orianna released a deep sigh. She felt relief.

 

 

            “By tomorrow we will reach Sarrhopia.” Jedrek said.  He jumped off his horse and tied its rope around the tree. “We should take some rest, Adalia. We will continue as the sun rises tomorrow.” Jedrek’s skin was glistening and it reflects on Adalia like fireflies.

            Adalia nodded. Jedrek helped her jumped off from her unicorn. He took a woven fabric from his bag behind his horse. He unfolded it on the ground and smoothes its wrinkles. “You can lay down here Adalia and take some rest.”

            “Thank you, Jedrek.” Adalia laid her belongings on the mattress.

            “I’ll just go get some firewood to keep us warm. The more we go closer to Sarrhopia the temperature goes colder. Sarrhopia’s territory is frozen.”

            Adalia rose, “Let me help you!”

            Jedrek stopped her. He guided her back on the mattress. “Don’t worry I can handle this. It will only take a few minutes. Watch yourself while I’m gone.”

            “Take care, Altus!”

            Jedrek kissed her forehead, “I will.”

 

            While Jedrek was away, Adalia closed her eyes to take a nap. Then she suddenly heard cracking of dried branches. Her pointed ear twitched. The sound was getting closer. My senses tell me it isn’t Jedrek. When she opened her eyes a man in black robe jumped on her with a dagger in his hand. She swiftly dodged it by rolling to her right. The dagger hit straight to the mattress. Adalia stood up and stared on the three swords and it elevated from her bag. He looked like one of those who attacked me the other day.

            The swords are now in her command. “Yaahhhh!!!” She shouted and the swords darted towards the enemy and it dispersed into black smoke. Her eyes rolled around. It was dark and she could barely see a thing. She chanted a spell, “Leberesh Fudoroh!!” Her right hand generated a ray of light. She used it as a source of light and searched around. Her eyebrows raised and eyes grew big when she saw that she was being surrounded. “What the hell are you?”

 

            One of them answered, “We are the Nebroseteh. We are the shadows of the dark.”

            “Nebroseteh?” She wondered. “I’ve never heard of it before.”

            “Somebody opened the portal to the dark side and we’re here to conquer this world. You and the rest of dwellers in this world shall die!!”

            “I won’t allow that to happen!! Never!! I have so many things to do and it starts by killing all of you!!”

            He laughed, “You’re such a brave girl. Let’s see what you’ve got. We’re not afraid of your tricks!!”

            Her eyebrows crossed. She looked pissed, “You just mentioned the password… ‘Trick!’ I want you to know that I love that word!!!” Her body glowed. Strong blue energies were charging on her hands. The three swords elevated again surrounded with the same blue energy that filled her body. The swords swiftly pierced on each enemy and at the same time she rapidly hurled five energy balls from her hand hitting five remaining enemies surrounding her. She moved in fast pace since she’s already aware of their haste.

            All eight Nebroseteh dispersed in thin air. Moments later, Jedrek came back carrying firewood in his arms, “Did something happened while I’m away?” He dropped the woods and rush towards her.

            “They attack again…” Her eyes were still puzzled on how those creatures walked among them.

            “Who?” Jedrek asked worriedly.

            “The one we encountered on our way to Theselas, they call their selves as Nebroseteh. They claim to be the shadows of the dark.”

            “What?! I’m afraid we’re losing our time.”

            Adalia packed her things again and placed it behind Gyrah. “We have no time to rest, Jedrek.” She hopped on Gyrah’s back.

            Jedrek packed his things too and hopped onto his horse, “I’m ready!”

            She nodded, “Let’s hurry before it’s too late.”

           

            They race to Sarrhopia as fast as they could in the middle of the dark but Adalia appeared trouble. She was thinking deeply, Jedrek isn’t a terrible person at all. He is way better than I expected.

 

            Meanwhile, Aurik, Kenna, Kalim and Orianna were about to leave Shyrtas village.

            “May the supreme God Eos guide and protect you from any threat on your way to Denator,” Azzan said.

            “Don’t worry chief Azzan, I and Kalim will take care of your daughters with our lives,” Aurik assured the Shyrtas chieftain.

 

            Suddenly a Nether soldier entered the hut. He was catching his breath, “I-I’m s-sorry for m-my intrusion my chief s-something terrible h-happened.”

            Azzan rose from his seat, “What is it?”

            “There are men in black robe that attack us. They are burning our huts and slaughtering our people. There are lots of them. I’m afraid our number can’t out run them.”

            Azzan rushed outside the hut. His people were running for their lives. Men, women, and children were being killed. Their huts were being burned and there were only few of his soldiers left. They were being swarmed with Nebroseteh.

            “What are they? Why are they doing this?” Aurik was stunned when he saw the innocent Nethers died.

            “I’ve never seen such creature before.” Orianna added. She meditated and her body absorbed the fires that burned their village. She has the ability to generate and manipulate fire.

            “I can’t stand watching my people die!!” Azzan was infuriated. He held his sword and prepared to fight. “Altus, take my daughters now!! You must leave quickly!!”

            “But father we can’t leave you right now. I can’t leave you in this condition.” Kenna refused to leave. She was distress about their village.

            “These creatures will only slow you down!! Now go!!” Azzan replied.

            “I can’t!!” Kenna insisted. She jumped off their balcony and hurled her chakram from her waist against the enemies. She hit three Nebrosetehs and they dispersed.

 

            Chakram is a circular shape weapon with a sharpened outer edge and its size is twelve inches in diameter. Kenna is well-trained in close combat using her chakram and a pair of sai. Sai is a basic form of weapon that is pointed, prong shaped metal baton, with two curved prongs.

           

            “Kennaaa!!!,” Azzan shouted overhead.

            Kenna didn’t listen. She continued stopping those Nebrosetehs.

            She fights impressively, Aurik thought. I couldn’t just stand here. Aurik took his broad sword and followed Kenna.

            Kalim took his weapon and fought too. Orianna is skilled with her bow and arrow. She placed three arrows on her bow and fired against the enemies. She is a sharpshooter. Orianna team up with her sister Kenna. Orianna is a clever, sharp spirited warrior and Kenna is swift, decisive close combat fighter; together they are unstoppable. Their combinations are strong and fierce.

 

            Nebrosetehs kept increasing.

            “Stubborn brats!!” Azzan said. He couldn’t stop them so he joined them fighting those ruthless invaders using his spear. “My daughters, I beg you both to escape. These creatures keep coming. I’ll gather our remaining people and rally them to the portal to Netheria.”

            Orianna and Kenna looked at each other. They noticed the multiplying number of enemies.

            Kenna turned to Aurik, “Altus! We must fall back!” Then she turned to her father, “Father, take care…”

            Orianna and Kenna hugged their father and fled with Aurik and Kalim.

 

            “We’re here,” Jedrek said.

 

            Jedrek and Adalia arrived at the gate of Sarrhopia. Sarrhopia is known for its freezing temperature. Its territory is covered with ice. There were no living animals or insects but there are unique plants around that could survive the land’s temperature and its ground glistens with ice crystals. The Tower of Sarrhopia has ten floors; its wall is made of glass and the entire tower is protected with a powerful magic. The Tower of Sarrhopia is administered by Adanea. She is the highest priestess of Mysquetonia; the sole creature with the blood of all races. She is ¼ Denatorian, ¼ Nether, ¼ Nahzarian and ¼ Cephaldee. She possesses divine beauty and unique appearance. Crystal blue eyes, pointed ears, ash blond long hair, rosy white skin, born with antlers on her head, antennae on her forehead, her feet are like of the zebra, and her legs are covered with black and white stripe fur. Her physical beauty stopped aging when she was twenty-five and she’s currently one thousand two hundred seventy eight years old. She stopped aging but her body kept mutating uniquely every hundreds of years.

Along with her are the councils of Mysquetonia represented by each race. The chosen councils are both powerful and wise. Denator was represented by Altus Erez, Netheria was represented by Kairee Yesinea (*Kairee is a nether term for royal bloods same as Altus), Val’Nahzar is represented by Vitra Zafrina, and Cephaldore was represented by Yuna’e Usco �" half lion.

The gate of Sarrhopia is protected with lightning element. Lightest touch could toast a creature. However with Adanea’s antennae she could sense anyone standing behind the gate and could locate anyone in Mysquetonia.

 

“Erez, I guess you have a visitor,” Adanea said. “I could sense them.”

“Who is it my priestess?” Erez asked.

Yuna’e Usco looked out the glass wall, “It’s the other Altus�"Altus Jedrek”

“And the adopted half-Nether girl.” Kairee Yesinea added.

“What brought that disruptive Altus in this place?” Vitra Zafrina wondered then she turned to Erez. “I hate that brother of yours.”

 

Erez walked towards the glass wall and watched over them.

“You can let them in,” Adanea advised.

Erez waved his hand and the gate opened by itself. Only Adanea and the councils have the power to open the gate of Sarrhopia.

Jedrek and Adalia entered the tower. Erez met them on the first floor and he was being tailed by Adanea and other councils.

“What brought you here, brother?” Erez asked.

Jedrek tittered, “I missed you brother. That’s why I traveled all the way here to give you a hug.” His tone was sarcastic as usual.

“Stop that nonsense behavior, Jedrek.” Erez was being annoyed.

Adanea walked forward and her eyes rolled on Adalia and Jedrek, “I sense your significant intention. You’re in search for someone, am I correct? You both traveled miles to see me and not Erez. You don’t travel much oracle which means this must be important.”

“Indeed, priestess. I had a vision days ago,” Adalia narrated her vision to them.

Adanea’s eyebrow rose, “That sounds peculiar. Mysquetonia is in harmony but since all of your visions are coming true what you just saw could be possible.” The council agreed by nodding their heads.

“One more thing priestess,” Adalia added. “We encountered a strange creature on our way here. They attack us twice but we manage to beat them. They move swiftly and once killed they don’t leave a corpse, they disperse like a black smoke in thin air�"”

“Nebroseteh!!!” Adanea interrupted.

“That’s right priestess! They call their selves Nebroseteh�"the shadows of the dark.”

Kairee Yesinea turned to Adanea, “How could that be priestess? Nebrosetehs were already sealed into the dark dimension after the ‘Prima Mega-bellum’.”

“Are you sure of what you’ve encountered, oracle?” Adanea asked Adalia.

“I am certain, priestess. Altus Jedrek can attest to what I’ve said.”

Jedrek nodded.

“In that case somebody opened the portal to that dimension.” Adanea was getting anxious.

“I guess somebody’s having homework,” Vitra Zafrina said. “The portal was sealed by powerful magic and if it was being opened by someone he or she had her thorough research on how to open it.”

“We must find who is responsible about this!” Yuna’e Usco got mad. “Our people are in danger!”

“The capability of my antennae is limited to the area of Sarrhopia and to a single individual beyond it. I feel awful I couldn’t track who’s behind it.” Adanea explained.

“The Nether mark is the key! We must locate her before the shadows kill her,” Adalia suggested.

Adanea meditated. “She’s moving… Moving towards Denator…”

“Denator?! Does it mean that she already knew about my vision?” Adalia was shocked.

“Why are you surprised, Adalia? Isn’t it a good news?” Kairee Yesinea asked.

“Ahmmm… Yeah! It is! I’m j-just,” Adalia was stammering. “I just wonder who… who sent the information about my vision.”

Jedrek gently held her hand, “It doesn’t matter Adalia as long as this will be over.”

            “Members of the council, I want each one of you to report on your respective Kingdoms and warn them about the vision and the Nebroseteh. I am giving you the privilege to use the blinking ball as your passage for a faster journey.” Adanea commanded.

            “As you wish priestess!” The four of them answered in unison and left.

            “The two of you may use the blinking ball as well,” Adanea told Adalia.

 

            Blinking ball is a magical crystal ball capable of mass teleportation through energy transfusion and meditation. It could teleport a group at any place in Mysquetonia.

 

            Adalia and Jedrek were walking at the corridor towards the chamber of the blinking ball.

            “I hope things wouldn’t change between us when we get back to Denator,” Jedrek said.

            “Why would I change when I knew that there is so much goodness in you than I expected,” she replied.

            “Well, I know that things change whenever Aurik is around.”

            “You know what Jedrek, I’ve learned a lot about you during our journey. We’ve get along together so well. You watch over me and protect me.  You’re such a good person but my feelings for your brother haven’t changed.”

            “It doesn’t matter. I’m just gonna keep my feelings to myself and keep smiling like there’s nothing wrong with me. We never lose by loving but we always lose by holding back. I will wait and I won’t give up on you, Adalia. They said that love is an emotion experienced by many and enjoyed by the few. I will do everything to be one of those few.”

            Adalia’s ear suddenly twitched, “Jedrek, look out!!”

         A powerful energy ball blasted off Jedrek. It was powerful and strong enough to knock him down. Adalia tried to avenge him by casting an energy beam towards the enemy but nothing happened. Adalia rushed towards Jedrek, “How did you get in here? This tower is protected by a powerful magic.”

           

The Nebroseteh didn’t say a word it continued walking towards them. Its footstep echoed the corridor. Adalia launched three consecutive energy balls from her hand but it didn’t change a thing. What are you? You’re different from the other, Adalia thought.

            “Indeed I am because I am their master now! Master of the dark shadows.” He finally spoke. His voice was husky and threatening.

            Adalia was shocked. He could read her thoughts. Adalia planned to teleport together with Jedrek using her teleportation ability (Adalia’s teleportation ability is only limited up to thirty-five meters) but the Nebroseteh was fast enough. When he read her plan he immediately whipped her leg and it twisted over, disallowing her to use her ability.

            “You can’t run from me, Adalia. You shouldn’t be afraid of me. I would like to thank you for helping me.”

            “What are you talking about?”

            “Don’t play innocent, my dear. I know what you’re up to. You look like an angel but I am aware of the evil inside you.”

            “SILENCE!!! I don’t understand you!!!  I don’t understand a word you’re saying!!”

            He laughed, “I never thought you’re such a good actor, your lie isn’t convincing enough for me. I know your evil plans. I just ride on it and released the Nebrosetehs. You inspire me on how to break the seal I harnessed my powers and potentials in order to kill anyone dare oppose me. I will eliminate the probable threats. Adanea and the council are my major obstacles but with my power growing I could crush them without a sweat. Don’t worry Adalia I will spare your life because I know we’re on the same page and someday we will be working together,” he said.

            “NEVER!!! You will regret for keeping me alive!”

            He laughed again, “I admire your courage but I am sure of what I’m feeling.”

            “Who are you?”

            “That doesn’t matter, Adalia,” then he turned to Jedrek. “Hmmm… Pathetic prince. Maybe I should take the soul of this worthless creature before I leave.”

            “No! Don’t you dare touch him! Or else�"“

            The man in black hood abruptly took out Jedrek’s heart with his bare hand, “Sorry. I just did, honey.”

Jedrek’s heart was pumping inside the blue crystal gem stained with blood.

Adalia’s tears rolled on her cheeks. She was shocked and shaking.



© 2013 schmidt


Author's Note

schmidt
Please leave me a comment... I appreciate corrections, suggestions and advices... What do you think about the story? Your comments will help me inspire posting its chapters...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on June 3, 2013
Last Updated on June 3, 2013
Tags: fantasy, book, power, elf, wizards, sorcerer, fiction, darkness


Author

schmidt
schmidt

Cagayan de Oro, X, Philippines



About
I'm an aspiring writer... I would like to develop my imagination and ability to create stories through writing and my english skills... Hope I could touch other people's interests... more..

Writing