Nightmares—Original Scary Story

Nightmares—Original Scary Story

A Chapter by Steven Cash

Johns Hopkins Hospital, one of the leading centers in terms of Neurological research, and home to Neurologist Dr. Ben Carson, conducted a study some years ago.

They had test subjects sleep in chambers for extended periods of times. When someone woke up and said they had a nightmare, they would hook their heads up to a few different machines and then have the person recall their dream.

They noticed a startling trend though. Whenever a person recounted a nightmare, there was a certain part of the brain that lit up. It was the part of the brain that stores traumatic memories. But not just any memories�"memories that actually happened.

The brain was remembering a nightmare from the portion that stores real life events.

Then they tested recounting regular dreams. It came from a part of the brain that remembers fantasies and daydreams and things.

So, those nightmares you have that you think are not real...



© 2012 Steven Cash


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

lol, I'm sure this scares the hell out of some people but as a RPSGT it kinda funny. I should tell my patients this story while I'm hooking all the electrodes to there heads. (RPSGT= sleep technician)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

oooh you should do that
owo I hope none of my nightmares come true! very creepy and it sounds like it could be real!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

glad you enjoyed
Short and nice, and probably true, which is really weird, because I would probably be dead if my nightmares really happened. :P Keep writing :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Steven Cash

11 Years Ago

yep yep thanks

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

931 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 31, 2012
Last Updated on August 31, 2012


Author

Steven Cash
Steven Cash

A Secret Location, IL



About
http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/changetheworld/1061316/ That's my poem. Goodbye everyone. Don't cry because it's over... smile because it happened... more..

Writing
Miss you Miss you

A Poem by Steven Cash