The Blonde Girl

The Blonde Girl

A Book by C. Lee Battaglia
"

A story I wrote as a tribute to people with cancer and those who love them.

"

© 2018 C. Lee Battaglia


Author's Note

C. Lee Battaglia
Story for all of us who lost someone...

My Review

Would you like to review this Book?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A magnificently beautiful story ... Some might say that it was sad to read, and did not have a happy ending ... But I say, this story is perfect in that perfect timing of two people meeting, clueless that they would ever meet, who needed someone special in their lives at that precise moment in time. She gave you something no one else ever could have, and you gave her more than you will ever know, even though you do know ... This story is tender and touching to the very core of any heart that has ever had a first crush or first love, especially someone as special as I see that she was to you ... And you to her ... A wonderful memorial to her memory in keeping her memory alive ... Thank you for sharing ... Very well written ...

Posted 9 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

Thanks! I really appreciate your time you put in to read my story!
She will always be remember.. read more
C. Lee Battaglia

8 Years Ago

I re edited it so re read tell me what you think!



Reviews

When I first read this I was so overcome that I couldn't leave a comment on this wonderfully bittersweet piece. It is so tender and beautiful! I still can't really describe everything it made me feel. Just wonderful!

Posted 8 Years Ago


What a beautiful heartfelt story. This is a wonderful tribute, a great way of remembering The Blonde Girl. You have immortalized the memory of her in your words. May her soul rest in peace. I love how simple this story is, literarily speaking. It makes it more special. I like that you remember her with happiness and give her credit for making you the person that you are today. You cherish her memory and for that I truly respect you. I hope you know what a great source of comfort and strength you were for her throughout her illness. I am sure that she was grateful for you.

Thank you for sharing your story. I wish you truckloads of happiness. Keep writing. X

Posted 8 Years Ago


C. Lee Battaglia

7 Years Ago

Thank you... :)


I came across this whilst reading .Mouse,' by a writer called Terpsichore, (your story was a related subject.) and I'm so glad I found it.

Your story is indeed one of sadness and loss. But it is so beautifuly and sensitively portrayed, that I was left with an overwhelming sense that ultimately the precious memory of that little blonde girl became so much more than the loss; and memories of course, last forever.

So very well written.

Beccy.

Posted 8 Years Ago


a really magnificently beautiful story, Some people might say that it was sad to read, and It did not have a happy ending but I thought it was really good I like.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Very well written! Wonderful memorial to her memory!

Posted 8 Years Ago


sad but i think it's a great tribute for your friend.

Posted 8 Years Ago


A very lovely written story,, I have one these Ladies of my life that this touches nicely done... ciao LL

Posted 8 Years Ago


This is a beautiful story that pushed me to tears. Indeed this is a story that deserves to be heard. Cancer is such a nasty thing that claims many people too early. She is still affecting your life to this day, and that may have been her purpose in your life. By being your best friend and the first girl you've ever loved, it taught you many things that most people don't understand at that age.
I really enjoyed this, it is a great touching story. And your execution of the story was spot on because it gave a sweet innocence to the whole piece. Overall great work :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


This broke my heart!
Simple but splendid piece!
Filled with reminisce of innocence.
Great write!


Posted 8 Years Ago


This story is so.. i'm speechless. I love the simplicity of this piece. Usually, when a block of writing is very descriptive and flowery, it clouds the emotional depth of the piece. Though this.. this piece is so heartfelt! My heart skipped a beat when Chase interpreted cancer as "and she has lancer". I'm still speechless!

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

5416 Views
141 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 17 Libraries
Added on November 22, 2014
Last Updated on April 12, 2018
Tags: Sad, Cancer, Depressing

Author

C. Lee Battaglia
C. Lee Battaglia

Alpine, UT



About
My name is C. Lee Battaglia and I love to read… I read so much that my Mom grounds me from reading and tells me to go do something else. I am 20 years old. I hated reading when I was little .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


He will be... He will be...

A Poem by Gee