Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by KahYee.Chiang

CHAPTER FOUR

“So, can I ask, honestly answer; Do you like Deb?” Jess asked Liz and I. “She’s interesting,” I said. “Not really but she needs us. Without us, she can’t live with her cheerleaders because they’re only friends with her because of her money,” Liz said.

            “Her dad’s like super rich?” I asked. “And her mom; but they’re divorced. Makes Debbie get much more money,” Jess said. “Don’t forget spoilt,” Liz added.

            “So you guys are nothing like her?” I asked. “No way. We’re on scholarship; like you. Debbie one of the only few who paid to come here,” Liz explained. “You can pay?” I asked. “It’s super expensive. Like two hundred bucks a day,” Jess said.

            “So after our scholarship, we’re supposed to work here or what?” I asked. “What do you mean?” Liz asked. “I mean like, how are we supposed to pay the scholarship?” I asked.

            “Simple; they take 10 percent of your income once you graduate,” Jess said. “Oh, I see,” I said.

            “Care for a tour on campus?” Liz asked gesturing to the door. “Please!” I squeaked as I jumped on my feet and followed Liz and Jess.

            “So here’s the entrance to the Elite dorms. It’s been separated by color so if you go to blue, you’re going to the guy’s section,” Liz explained.

            “Debbie always goes to the guys dorms, even when no one wants her there,” Liz said. I could tell she was jealous because she didn’t dare visit Ken, her secret boyfriend.

            “Come on, we’ll introduce you to some guys we know,” Jess said pulling my arm.

            “Oh yeah, boys will be crushing on you the moment they see you,” Liz said excitedly.

            I stared blankly at myself; I was dressed for comfort, not showing off. I wore my worn out jeans"cause they’re super comfortable, and my white hoodie. My face pale and my breath smelled like tuna-I ate in the airplane.

            “I’m not exactly sure I’ll catch any guy’s attention,” I said innocently. Jess fumbled her handbag and placed a mint on my palm and winked at me as she walked into the guy’s dormitory.

            Liz literally dragged me in.

            “Hey guys!” Jess yelled.

            “Oh is Debbie with you guys?” one guy asked.

            “Nope,” Liz said grinning.

            “Thank god,” the guy replied.

            “This is Sasha Sanchez,” Liz said as she landed a peck on his cheek.

            “Sasha, this is Dan Diaz, he’s Liz’s boyfriend,” Jess said. Dan planted a kiss on Liz’s cheeks.

            “Hey,” I said waving to the guys. The male dorms were much… smaller, I would say. Or maybe it just seemed smaller because of all the sports and music equipment. And their wardrobe is only like two-third of ours! (Maybe only one third of Debbie’s.)

            “And that’s Drew, my boyfriend,” Jess added as Drew leaned over to make out with Jess. They really did look in love.   

            “Anyone hungry?” asks Drew, breaking the awkward silence after about half a minute of smooching. “Very,” I smiled. A few others chimed in their yeses, and then we headed off to the school cafeteria.

            I was expecting a very high classed cafeteria, but no, it was just a regular cafeteria"although the hygiene is much better here, it isn’t as jaw dropping as the other parts of school. I exhaled as we walked in as it felt like home. There were a few groups of teenagers sitting in round tables and studying while sipping on soda, some chatting about and others just sitting there, eating in silence.

            Then I was dragged into this posh restaurant; poof! Feeling gone! I felt all nervous and underdressed again. “Are we allowed to eat here?” I asked nervously. “Why, of course! The cafeteria is just when you’re in a rush and can’t wait for the superb food here,” Jess explained. I still didn’t understand the concept of having two ‘cafeterias’.  

            We got a huge booth table and ordered. Wow, these things are pricy. I was almost uncertain whether to order here or to just say I’m not hungry"which I would be totally lying about because 1) I said I was very hungry. 2) I am indeed, very hungry"and go to the cafeteria and grab a dish before going up to the dorms.

            “These are a little over priced don’t you think?” I asked nervously. “As long as you’re on scholarship, everything is free,” Liz said. Jess and Drew were in a hot make out session, all the guys"except Dan"were in a serious debate about a recent football match they caught the night before. “So people like Debbie has to pay?” I asked. Jess gave me an optimistic nod. I smiled. This was nice.

            “Damn it Liz, why can’t I just freaking tell her? You know I can’t keep secrets, from anyone!” Dan suddenly yelled. “Bloody hell Dan, she’s new, plus today’s her first day. Save the drama for second term will you?” Jess sighed, rolling her eyes. Dan fell silent, but I could hear him cussing under his breath.

            “Will you two stop sucking each other’s faces of and freaking order?” demanded Dan impatiently. “Jealous now are we?” Jess teased. Jess and Drew finally stopped making out and actually participate in our casual conversation. “Careful, Dan and Liz aren’t stable now, I reckon they’ll break up quicker than Deb and Mike,” Jess whispered in my ear.

            “Jess, I hear whispering! You know I don’t like it when you whisper behind my back,” Liz sang. “Just informing her about some things she should and should not do,” chimed Jess innocently. Jess is really is a born actress. I can’t help giggling, so I bit my tongue.

            Ordering was extremely exciting for me. There was a tablet on each computer (with a safety lock of course), with a program which allows you to put in your order! I ordered an ice tea and a spaghetti Bolognese. The rest order posh food like caviar and rib-eyed steak. The food arrives within about 15 minutes, which gave us plenty of time for conversation.

            “Hey guys, since Sasha’s new, how about we play 10 questions?” Jess suggested. “Make it 30,” Liz insisted. Then, the interrogation session began.

            “Hobbies?”

            “Swimming and jamming.”

            “Number of exes?”

            “Five.”

            “Drunkie?”

            “Nope.”

            “Druggie?”

            “No!”

            “Any tattoos?”

            “One"but I’m not telling you where.”

            “Piercings?”

            “Only my ears.”

            “Fears or phobia’s?”

            “For me to know and for you to find out.”

            “Believer in chicks over dicks?”

            “Depending on the chicks and the dicks,” I laugh. This was hilarious.

            “Bookworm?”

            “Definitely.”

            “Virgin?”

            I blinked. Virgin? Just when I thought I could start off with a clean slate. If I tell them I’m a virgin, I’m oh-so-innocent and no fun. I tell them I’m not, I’d be 1) lying 2) be judged.

“Don’t worry dear; we won’t judge you at all. Liz isn’t, I am and well, Debbie, isn’t, obviously,” Jess said.

            “Yeah, I am,” I replied blushing. “No need to feel ashamed! We’re girls, being virgins shows how much we treasure our virginity! The guys, well it’s a different thing then,” Jess said encouragingly.

            “So Drew is a virgin too?” I asked. “No, but history’s history, right gorgeous?” Drew answered. Jess nodded and I tried processing all the new data.

            Wow the Institute is so… open.

 



© 2011 KahYee.Chiang


Author's Note

KahYee.Chiang
A/N: Has a little of inappropriate content, so I put the audience as Teens.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
Added on May 23, 2011
Last Updated on May 23, 2011
Tags: teen, romance, high school


Author

KahYee.Chiang
KahYee.Chiang

Sungai Buloh, Malaysia



About
Bubbly and energetic, that's me. I love writing and expressing my inner thoughts. I blog, tweet, swim and worship music. more..

Writing