Fallen Chapter Eight

Fallen Chapter Eight

A Story by Chistie

 

                     Chapter Eight
 
   Terrified I sat up too quickly and slipped off the bed, falling in a tangled mess on the floor. The man in the doorway never altered his position and it frightened me more because he had not moved to help.
    I stood slowly, never taking my eyes off the startling handsome man. He was not Cooper handsome; the man in my doorway was dangerously handsome. He had short, almost buzzed, dark hair, dark green eyes that shone with a mischievous glint. He was about the same height as Cooper but the man was more muscular, the seams on his form fitting white shirt stretched.
 He stood in my doorway, staring at me with a mixture of amusement and what could have been anger. Why he would be angry I have no idea. 
    “Are you alright?” He drawled as he slowly entered my room the brief look of anger in his eyes disappearing.
  I cleared my throat to talk and even opened my mouth but nothing came out. What was he doing here?
   “I guess you aren’t up to talking. Please forgive me for startling you; I just wanted to introduce myself in person.” He had extended his hand towards me expecting me to shake it, “I am Marcus.”
 “W-what are you d-doing here?” I stuttered out my question just a moment to late, I was still in shock from his abrupt arrival.
 “I just wanted to be the first to say hello. I mean you have been the talk of the house.” He moved his eyes up and down my body, as if examining a piece of meat he was about to buy.
 Feeling exposed I moved around Marcus and towards the door with the express purpose of finding Cooper but Marcus side stepped and I pumped in to his hard chest.
   “It’s impolite not to respond, I did say hello.” He did not say the words in a threatening way but his eyes shined with intent.
 “Hello then, my name is Kennley. Now if you would please excuse me.” I tried again to go around Marcus but he again side stepped me.
 “Is there something else you wanted?” I was growing impatient with his games.
 “No I just wanted to see what all the talk was about.” And with that, with a look of satisfied curiosity, he swept from the room, leaving me to ponder what he had just said.
    What had he meant all the talk? Why were they talking about me and what were they saying?
 After Marcus’s strange visit, I had sat back down on the bed, trying to rest but his voice kept barging in. Not sure I really wanted to rest anymore I got up and was about to explore the manor when Cooper knocked on my door. I was so relieved it was Cooper that I forgot about Marcus and his visit, throwing myself in to Cooper’s strong arms.
 “Happy to see me? I’ve only been gone an hour.” He said softly, nuzzling my ear with his nose.
 “I am very happy to see you. I felt so alone and then Marcus scared the hell out of me.”
 “Marcus came to see you?” Cooper was just as surprised as I was, his arms constricted around me and he even sounded a little angry. I was surprised that I felt pleased that he might be angry, odd.
 “Yes, he said he just wanted to say hello and to see what all the talk was about,” I paused to peek at Cooper’s face to see if he was hiding something, seeing nothing I continued, “what has everyone been saying Cooper?”
 Still staring at me he said, “Nothing you wouldn’t like. The others are just impressed that you used your powers instinctually. You have not had any proper training and they are just impressed, maybe even a little jealous.”
 “Why didn’t you tell me this before?” I did not know why I was upset but I was.
 “You were nervous enough without the thought of the others speaking of you, I didn’t want to add to your anxiety.”
   He kissed the tip of my nose as he led me down the staircase towards the meeting in the dining room, reassuring me that everything would be okay.
   As we approached the dining room, the normal smells of dinner knocked into me and my stomach did an embarrassing gurgle. Cooper laughed as I turned an unattractive red just as we rounded the corner into the dining room.  

© 2008 Chistie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Okay, I'm hooked. It's almost two a.m. and I've got to get to bed.
Great story.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Anticipation of what comes next!

Posted 15 Years Ago


aww....i love cooper.


hes so sweet.


i dont think i like marcus though....he seems like the type that would try to come between Cooper and Kennley.


Another amazing chapter of corse but you need to go back and edit the second sentence. its jst that it say he didnt alter him position. Jst letting ya know!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 27, 2008
Last Updated on May 27, 2008

Author

Chistie
Chistie

Cougar, WA



About
I love to read! That is my favorite past time, after reading some stories written by people five years younger than me I decided to try it out. I was always good at writing but never really took that .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Chistie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..