Fallen Chapter Eleven

Fallen Chapter Eleven

A Story by Chistie

 

                Chapter Eleven
 
 The light outside of Cooper’s window was still a hazy grey when I woke, wrapped in Cooper’s arms, the next morning. He was still softly snoring so I moved his hand slowly, trying not to wake him. I looked around for my clothes, they were everywhere, before I kissed him on the forehead to go. I did not want to leave but I did not want to get him in to any trouble, I mean Watcher’s and Falling Stars were not supposed to be together.
 Cooper’s room was on the third floor thankfully, leaving me only one floor to climb. I was concentrating on tiptoeing up the grand staircase that I did not notice someone standing at the top of the stairs.
   “Cooper knows the rules, why he can’t follow them is beyond me.” Marcus was standing at the top of the stairs staring down at me with a superior expression on his handsome face. Again, I had that weird urge to have him take me right then and there.
  Shaking off the urge I snapped, “What are you doing,” not trying to be polite. The strange feelings I had for him were making me irritated and unfriendly.
 “I just wanted to set up a time with you today, to begin our sessions together.” He said it like it was a good thing.
 “Oh, well I should be free all day, what ever time is good for you.”
 “How about right now?”
 “Well right now really isn’t a good time.” Was he serious?
   “Well to bad for you. You left the decision up to me and I choose now. Besides it will take us most of the day, so better to start early.”
   “Do I get to take a shower first?”
   “Yes you may, I don’t really want to smell Cooper on you all day.” He wrinkled his nose in disgust and cleared out of my way.
    “Well I like the way Cooper smells, maybe I won’t take a shower.” Was I joking with him? What was this man doing to me?
    “No you will take a shower; I will wait in your bedroom.” He walked away quickly before I could protest.
   “What...why.” I did not want to wake everyone up so I huffed out a breath and walked to the bathroom.
   After my shower, I stood in front of the mirror, staring at my reflection. I was pleasantly surprised that my face was clear of all bruises, the first time in a long time. I stared at my light blue eyes, the color of the sky on a cloudless day, my dark blonde hair reaching just past my shoulders. I hated blonde hair but Oscar preferred it that color, so I had always dyed it. Maybe now that I was free of him, I would dye it another color. 
   Remembering I had Marcus waiting for me in my room, I quickly finished with my hair and makeup.      Laughing a little at myself for putting on makeup I made my way to my room. Makeup was not to make me look beautiful; it was to cover up bruises and other unsightly marks.  
    “That was fast.” Marcus was lounging across my bed, as if he belonged there.
    “I don’t like just standing in the shower, I do what I need and get out. What else is there to do?”
   “So, have you ever taken a shower with another person? What about that?” Marcus was smiling broadly; I did not get the joke.
     “That’s different, with someone else, wait, why are we talking about this. Can we please focus?”
   “Right then, first things first; you must understand that these powers are not easy to use. I know Colby just had to clap her hands but she has been using her powers for a long time.” He was pacing in front of my bed where I sat.
   “But what about at the airport? What happened there?” If they were that hard, than why had I been able to use them?
 “That was all instinct; you did it to save your life, not to get something you wanted. Your body just reacted to the moment and used the only weapon you possessed.”
 “How long have you been able to use your powers?”
 “Ever since I can remember, Albert was my instructor, he was much younger then. He normally would be the one to instruct but he is getting on in years and can’t handle the stress.” His face grew soft and his voice was full of love and compassion for the old man.
   “How old is Albert?” I had wanted to ask the question before but I felt it would be rude.
  “Albert and Sylvia are both one-hundred and two. Albert was the first Falling Star to awaken, while you are the last. He used his powers to promote good health in Sylvia, so they could be together.” He must have seen the astonished look on my face; my mouth had been hanging open, and laughed.
 “I know what you’re thinking, but it’s all true.”
 “Wow that is so romantic. How did Sylvia react when Albert told her about the Falling Stars?” I was so astounded; they must truly be in love to want to spend over one-hundred years together.
   “Enough talk about them, lets begin our lesson,” he walked over to me, took my hands, my hands burned where he had touched them, not the kind of burn I expect when Cooper touched me, this burn almost hurt and pulled me to my feet, “I want you to imagine a cup or plate in your mind and try clapping. Like this.” He took a step back and clapped his hands. I felt something in my hands and looked down to find a rose; I glared at Marcus, throwing the rose on to the bed.
 “Stop that.” I was secretly pleased but I controlled that emotion so it did not show on my face. He knew what Cooper and I had, why was he being like this?
 “I was just demonstrating.” He looked at me innocently but I knew better.
   “Okay,” I took a breath and closed my eyes, picturing a cup in my mind.
 Holding the cup in my thoughts I clapped, feeling nothing in my hands I opened my eyes to see if I had clapped it somewhere else and nothing. I had not done it.
  Crestfallen I said, “What now?” I was disappointed that I had not been able to do it.
   “Relax; nobody gets it on the first try. Not even Colby.” He smiled slightly at my dubious look.
   “In fact I think it took Colby a week to finally be able to do it, so relax.”

© 2008 Chistie


Author's Note

Chistie
This is the longest chapter i think so far, so enjoy.
IF YOU LIKE FALLEN THEN YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT "THE COVEN' BY XFAERIE CORPSEX, IT WILL NOT DISAPPOINT!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The pace is still quick and exciting.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Now the magic truly begins.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Lol...This chapter doesnt dissapoint either. I LOVED IT. oh....i cant wait to see what happens next.....ohh....i love your story

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 28, 2008
Last Updated on May 28, 2008

Author

Chistie
Chistie

Cougar, WA



About
I love to read! That is my favorite past time, after reading some stories written by people five years younger than me I decided to try it out. I was always good at writing but never really took that .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Chistie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..