Fallen Chapter Twelve

Fallen Chapter Twelve

A Story by Chistie

 

              Chapter Twelve
 
 The next week went by in the same fashion as the first day. Marcus came to my room, at 6:00 in the morning, and we began our sessions. I still had not been able to produce a cup, and I was losing all hope that I would ever be able to do it.
   “You just need to relax.” That was Marcus’s favorite thing to say to me. It was always, ‘I need to relax.”
 “I am relaxed; if I was anymore relaxed I would be asleep.” I said frustrated.
 “No you’re not. You need to stop expecting it to happen and just believe that it will happen. Try again and this time, do not expect to see a cup. Believe that the cup is already here.”
 I cleared my head of all thought, picturing the cup in Marcus’s hands. The cup in my mind was pink with my name on it; Marcus had produced it for me a couple of days ago as a demonstration. In fact, he had ‘demonstrated’ all sorts of things for me: more roses, the pink cup, a greeting card, and my favorite a new purse. I had thrown all of these demonstrations to the side, except for the purse I was a sucker for purses.
 “Okay, here I go,” I said as I raised my hands and clapped. A strange sensation ran up my arms as my hands came together, they felt warm and cold at the same time. I shivered as the feeling spread throughout my whole body.
 “Good job,” Marcus said as I opened my eyes seeing the pink cup in his hands.
 “Yeah! I did it!” I was so happy that I had succeeded that I threw myself in to Marcus’s arms. Where our bodies touched the same painful fire spread, filling me with its liquid hot desire. Quickly coming to my head, I stepped away from him. What the hell?  I could still feel the fire burning in my finger tips, what was I thinking?
    “Well that was unexpected.” Marcus was smiling at me with that same superior smile he always wore whenever we touched, whether it be intentional or not.
   “Sorry, I was just so excited. I don’t know what I was thinking.” I did not know why I was apologizing but I felt the need to explain myself. I did not want him thinking I was in to him or anything.
 “Don’t worry about it, I liked it.” He winked at me and walked from the room, “Take the rest of the day off.”
   “Thank you,” I called after him as he shut my bedroom door. A whole day off and I knew exactly how I wanted to spend it.
   I had not had much time to spend with Cooper since I started my training and now that I had, the whole day off all I wanted was to be with him.
   I raced from the room, taking the stairs two at a time. I ran down the hall to Cooper’s room, his door was the last one, and stopped, not sure if I should knock or just go in. Deciding to knock I raised my hand but before I could bring my hand down Cooper opened the door.
   “Hello.” Cooper scooped me up in to his arms and hugged me tightly. I inhaled his earthy scent and hugged him back; wanting nothing, more than to keep him close.
   “Hello,” I answered back in to his ear.
   “Done already?” He set me back down on my feet and took my hand, leading me in to his dark room. Even though it was early afternoon, his room was still dark. I spotted the reason and laughed. He had a large mirror in front of his window.
 “I didn’t peg you as vain Cooper.” I teased as I pointed to the mirror.
 “Its not here so I can stare at myself, its here so I can map out the Light’s progress. We got word that He was in New York. I cannot do that nifty little clap trick, so I had to scrounge up something. The mirror belongs to Alorha; she is letting me borrow it for now.”
 At the mention of Alorha’s name, I stiffened. The other two girls in the house still did not like me and I had no clue as to why.
   “Why don’t Alorha and Toshia like me? Since I’ve been here it’s like they are avoiding me, why?” I was scared to hear the answer but I had not done anything to deserve to be unliked by complete strangers.
 Cooper chuckled as he answered, “They both love Marcus. They are just jealous that he is your instructor when they were instructed my Colby.”
 “Well that’s not my fault.” I had not been expecting this answer, I thought that maybe they were jealous but not because of Marcus.
   “I know, I’ve been trying to get them to realize that but they won’t budge.  Toshia was willing to consider it but Alorha has known Marcus longer, they used to have a thing I think. The two of them are like one, what one feels the other feels.”
   “Don’t they know that I love you?” I wiggled in to his lap and put my head on his shoulder.
  “Of course they do, but what can you do? Those girls gossip like old hens.” We laughed together and moved on to my training. I showed him that I could produce the cup; I had forgotten that Marcus had gotten it for me until I noticed Cooper’s stiff expression. I quickly threw the cup on the bed and kissed his soft but stiff lips until he relaxed and his lips moved with mine.  The fire that I loved spreading through my lips and down my body, I could deal with this fire. The fire between us was because of love, not desire.
   When we descended the grand stairs for dinner, the house was in an uproar. Something had happened, something big.
 Cooper quickly moved down the staircase to Derik and Curt, who had arrived a few days earlier, and asked what had happened.
   “The police found the body of…” Curt trailed off glancing at me but looked away before I could see the emotion on his face.
    Cooper also glanced at me so I nodded my head to tell him to continue.
    “The police have found the body of Oscar in the forest that surrounds his house. They are saying that Kennley killed him.”

© 2008 Chistie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Every twist works. Love your imagination and organization.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I am enjoying the progress of your creative tale of romance and fantasy, mystery and suspence. Great job.

Posted 15 Years Ago


OH MY GOD!!! AND I MISSED THIS FOR THREE DAYS!!! OH MY GOD IM GLAD MORE IS UP! :O the man with the white teeth framed her I KNOW IT lol












LOVE LOVE LOVE IT

Posted 15 Years Ago


A bit of a surprise but that only adds to the anticipation of the next chapter......excellent!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 28, 2008

Author

Chistie
Chistie

Cougar, WA



About
I love to read! That is my favorite past time, after reading some stories written by people five years younger than me I decided to try it out. I was always good at writing but never really took that .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Chistie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..