Fallen Chapter Twenty-Seven

Fallen Chapter Twenty-Seven

A Story by Chistie

 

           Chapter Twenty-Seven
 
 I stared at the now desolate Nicolai in shock. If Nicolai was telling the truth then there was another threat out there greater than Nicolai was but before I could ask him to elaborate on that fact an alarm sounded through the warehouse. 
 Nicolai’s head snapped up at the sound, his facial features going from despair to rage in an instant. Studying his face, I understood that the alarm was announcing unwanted visitors. My heart leaped for joy that the other Stars were here. They had come to save me but sudden fear took over my joy as another thought popped in to my head. What if they have come to kill me, thinking that I have joined forces with Nicolai?
 “Looks like we have some company.” Nicolai sneered as he stood.
  “Seems so, looks like you lost Nicolai so why don’t you just give up now and I might be able to convince them to spare you.” I smiled wickedly at the thought of the others destroying Nicolai. Justice for Cooper and any one else Nicolai killed.
 “That is what you think. I think I will send your lover to deal with them; he has some new tricks up his sleeves.” He evilly grinned at me.
 “What are you talking about? Cooper is human, how could he have ‘tricks’?” I was thoroughly confused.
 “Cooper is half human, honestly did the Stars, your so called family not tell you any thing.” He was just as surprised as I was to find out that I was clueless.
 “I guess not.” I whispered more to myself than to Nicolai.
 “Well then I will fill you in. Cooper was the son of a former Star, that I,” he bowed at the waist, tucking one hand to his stomach and the other outstretched in the air, “am the one that destroyed his parents. They were nosey people, almost caught me a couple of times. The best the others ever had honestly.”
 “Stop trying to distract me Nicolai, you are just trying to turn me against the others, to join you. It will not work, there had to be a good reason for them not to tell me, for Cooper not to tell me. If you are even telling the truth.” I stood as tall as I could, puffing out my chest, trying to look intimidating but Nicolai just laughed.
 That is when I took my chance. I sprinted for the door, jumping across the bed. Nicolai was caught off guard my distraction had worked; I had made it to the door and was out before he could turn around.
  “They don’t trust you Kenn, and you know that.”  
 I did not turn around, even when I sprinted in to the dark recesses of the warehouse. I could feel the darkness pressing on my skin it was almost a presence. I could not see anything and by the time, I remembered my powers I was far away from the small bedroom that I had been trapped in.
 I stopped and took a deep breath, trying to steady my nerves. My little run through the dark warehouse had reminded me of the night that Oscar had tried to kill me. I shuddered at the memory but shook off those thoughts and concentrated on a flashlight, picturing the small cylinder in my hands. I did not want to take the chance and close my eyes, just in case Nicolai or one of his goons popped out of nowhere.
 Raising my hands, I clapped, feeling the flashlight materialize in my hands. I laughed to myself and clicked the button. The light really did nothing but give me reassurance. I still could see nothing and I doubted if there was anything to see.
 I felt as if I had been running forever before I finally saw a different color than black. The scenery around me was changing from the blackest black to a dull grayish black. I could see some shapes but they all still looked like blobs, undefined.
 “There really is nothing over there.” Nicolai’s voice made me jump out of my skin. I yelped and whirled around.
 “What the hell.” I could not think of anything else to say. Nicolai’s reappearance should not have surprised me. I knew that he could transport but I honestly did not expect it.
 “Miss me baby?” He was advancing on me, closing the distance in two long strides.
 I backed away from him knowing there was nowhere I could go to get away from him.
 “Not really, I was actually enjoying the time away from you.” I tried to pull off a carefree attitude but my shaky voice was a traitor as always.
 “Ah don’t be like that.” He was right in front of me; I could smell his sweet breath on my face.
 He raised his hands, his face transforming in to my worst nightmare. He was smiling but it was not a happy smile, he was leering at me. He was preparing to kill me, as he said, if he could not have me than no one would.
   I closed my eyes waiting for the end, waiting to welcome death. I had no one to live for now that Cooper was dead. My one true love was going to be waiting for me on the other side. That way we could be together forever, with no interruptions, no one to get in the way of him and me.
 I filled my head with Cooper’s face, my nose with Cooper’s scent; I could almost feel him in my arms.
 “Are you ready to meet,” Nicolai started to say but he cut off abruptly.
 I peeked through my eyes, trying to locate Nicolai but I could only see the dull grey of my surroundings.
I strained my eyes to see something, but it was my ears that prevailed. I could hear people running towards where I stood, now alone. I did not know if they were on my side or on Nicolai’s but it really did not matter because according to Nicolai the other Star’s were here to kill me.
 Sudden fear made me try to hide but there was really nowhere to hide. A voice in the dark made me stop my search and almost break down in tears.
 “You’re not thinking about running away, are you?”
 Marcus’s voice was warm but with an undercurrent of worry. He thought I was trying to run to Nicolai.
 He appeared out of the darkness like some knight in shining armor. I ran to him, throwing my arms around his neck.
 “Marcus oh Marcus, never! Thank you for coming. It has been terrible here. He killed Cooper.” I stopped my rambling and sobbed harder.
Marcus looked down at me with deep sadness in his eyes. I buried my face in his chest trying to calm my tears.
 “Well that is unfortunate.” The smooth voice broke me out of my sobbing. Colby was standing behind Marcus, her arms wrapped over her chest.
 “You, why didn’t you tell me that Cooper’s parents were Stars?” I could not contain the anger I felt towards her. I did not expect Marcus or the others to tell me about Cooper’s parents but I did expect it from her. She was supposed to be the leader, the one that takes care of the rest of us.
 “Cooper asked me not to. I promised him. I could not break that promise but I did tell him that he should tell you. It is not my fault that he did not share that information with you.” Colby was as calm as ever, she did not even raise her voice like I had.
 “You still should have told me.” I had lost my anger as fast as I had found it. I felt bad now for yelling at my rescuers.
 “I know but I always keep my promises.” She smiled a little smile at me.
 “You know that was really rude.” I spun around in Marcus’s arms, turning to face Nicolai.
 “Well kidnapping is rude too.” I said sarcasm thick in my voice. I was finally starting to fight back, to separate myself from this man thanks to my family.
 “It is not kidnap if you want to go, even if you did not know it at the time.” He smiled mockingly at the group.
 “Well this is the Light Nicolai, I was expecting more.” Marcus pulled me behind him, raising his other hand at the same time.
 I knew what was coming, what had to be done but I was still shocked when the small area we all stood in came alive with light and sound. There was suddenly too much noise, too much movement. I was knocked to the side away from Marcus as he clapped his hands sending a bolt as big around as my thigh towards Nicolai’s chest. Nicolai neatly dodged it, sending his own bolt towards Marcus.
 I could see the other Stars fighting off Nicolai’s goons that had appeared. The goons seemed to be more than the man that had attacked me on the train; they attacked with purpose, their faces alive with emotion. I had thought that Nicolai created his henchmen but now it seemed he had hired or tricked real men in to his services. The men armed with a short stick, thing that shot out little bolts of electricity attacked my family, holding the electro-stick out in front of them.  
 I screamed out a warning but it was lost in the noise that seemed to have erupted from the dark. The bolt that Nicolai aimed towards Marcus narrowly missed his head, sending him to the ground to move out of the way.
   “I expected more from the ‘Stars’!” I heard Nicolai yell as something landed on my foot.
 I shrieked out in pain, looking down I could see that a piece of the ceiling had fallen down on top of my foot. The piece of ceiling, which must have been hit by a stray bolt of strong electricity, was too heavy for me to lift alone but with my powers, I could get out from underneath the debris no problem.
   I pictured the small area where I had first awoken, thinking of the couch I had slept on, the soft springy couch with the yellow strip. Holding the image in my head, I clapped my hands. I had the sensation that I was falling, my stomach filling my throat.
 As suddenly as the feeling had appeared, it disappeared, and all I could feel was the soft cushions of the couch underneath me. My foot screamed in pain when I tried to stand. I stumbled to the couch, plopping back down. I looked around the darkly lit area, no longer hearing the sounds of fighting.
 With the sounds of the battle gone, I could now hear my heart beat. The sound was deafening but I could not calm it down. With the sound pounding in my ears, I thought I would not be able to hear anything but the sounds of feet approaching made me jump. I stood on my foot, even though it screamed in protest, and turned to face either this friend or foe. The face that appeared out of the darkness was the last I could have ever expected.

© 2008 Chistie


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

OMG!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


An interesting rescue, if it turns out to succed. Where is this going I wonder? Next please.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 29, 2008

Author

Chistie
Chistie

Cougar, WA



About
I love to read! That is my favorite past time, after reading some stories written by people five years younger than me I decided to try it out. I was always good at writing but never really took that .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Chistie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Fallen Fallen

A Story by Chistie