Untitled

Untitled

A Poem by Angad Waraich
"

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

"
You said you loved me but I walked away,
Now after all these years and countless lies,
For the first time since that night,
I see you..... 
Laid down,  all cold and white.
Tears roll down and burn my eyes,
I kneel to kiss you goodbye,
And the only words that cross my mind,
Are the ones I whisper,   before I turn away one last time.





I Love You.

© 2014 Angad Waraich


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This has an incredible level of depth with how few words you use. I particularly liked the way you transitioned the whole poem around the fourth line, something so succinct to join two poignant segments. The second part really reminds me of many things I have scribbled in the dark. Those nights fearing what it would be like to lose someone who means everything to you, even if you don't know how much they matter to you yet. Love the imagery in your second to last line.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Angad Waraich

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your kind words.
And yes the fear off loss is often the greatest.



Reviews

A strong and emotional poem. So very sad.
We discover the depths of pain when someone we love dies.
I think you did an outstanding job on this.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Angad Waraich

9 Years Ago

Thank you coyote.
It is much appreciated.
And yes when they die or leave forever...
Coyote Song

9 Years Ago

You are welcome.
Amorous allure….. of alliteration


each simile… caresses tenderly


Teasing.. dangerous.. deliberations


have me….. dripping with imagery.

The more deeply one is attached, the deeper the pain at separation.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Angad Waraich

9 Years Ago

Thank you pryde.
Sadness and love run through your leading ten lines and tell a story one can only consider, imagine, wonder about. However, there's no need for conjecture on that final phrase - it both hurts and blushes the heart.

How can we title loss?

Posted 9 Years Ago


Angad Waraich

9 Years Ago

Well i am was truly lost for a name.
So went with untitled.
And thank you for reading an.. read more
emmajoy

9 Years Ago

You're welcome
Another great piece, Angad. This one is very powerful. Again, I love the wordplay here. Its as if everything is happening before me. Great job :).

Posted 9 Years Ago


Angad Waraich

9 Years Ago

Thank you.
Much appreciated .
Things move and change fast in a blink of an eye. I like the fear of loss aspect in this one...Excellent...:)...................

Posted 9 Years Ago


Angad Waraich

9 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and reviewing.
Sami Khalil

9 Years Ago

You are welcome....:).......
This has an incredible level of depth with how few words you use. I particularly liked the way you transitioned the whole poem around the fourth line, something so succinct to join two poignant segments. The second part really reminds me of many things I have scribbled in the dark. Those nights fearing what it would be like to lose someone who means everything to you, even if you don't know how much they matter to you yet. Love the imagery in your second to last line.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Angad Waraich

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your kind words.
And yes the fear off loss is often the greatest.
It's really frightening how quickly life can change--what little control we truly have over it. I think we all say or do things that we regret, but it's even more regretful when there's no way to take it back. And as your poem writes, especially in love is this true. No matter how a relationship ends or what happens in it, the other person leaves an impression on our hearts. In the end, it doesn't matter how much we want to curse them to another planet--because the good memories always stay with us!

A very beautiful piece that is very well written! Thank you for sharing (and I apologize for my rather long blurb on love just then)!

~MusicManiac

Posted 9 Years Ago


Angad Waraich

9 Years Ago

No the blurb is good and actually the crux of all that i wanted to portray.
Thank you for read.. read more
MusicManiac

9 Years Ago

You're very welcome!
SIMPLY AMAZING....!!!
YOU ARE SUCH A THOUGHTFUL .. I MUST SAY!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Angad Waraich

9 Years Ago

Thank you Noopur
Ugh! love poems my achilles heel. At least in this one seems to be somone you hadn't seen in a long time and now she or he has met death? Death always brings sobriety for some reason unless the Irish are around. But you let us know that your relationship continues to be a distant one with the deceased.

Thankyou

Posted 9 Years Ago


Angad Waraich

9 Years Ago

Thank you rene.

3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

697 Views
29 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 3, 2014
Last Updated on October 4, 2014

Author

Angad Waraich
Angad Waraich

Brampton, Canada



About
Hey! Passionate Writer. Besides that i would say that i love to travel, do some photography and meet as many people as i can because the best stories come from random encounters . So feel free to.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Angels Angels

A Poem by Angad Waraich


Perched Perched

A Poem by Sami Khalil