Red Snow

Red Snow

A Chapter by crazywritingfreak

chapter 1.
its the crack of dawn and everyone is asleep. i couldn't sleep. i was too excited to. today is my sixteenth birthday. i set my alarm for midnight. it buzzed so loud, i'm pretty sure the whole neighborhood heard it. my dog Nookie-who was laying on the floor-raised her head. we started at each other for a moment. In the next room i heard the bed creak.
"Sasha!" Mom called.
"Sorry!"i called back. i hit the snooze button.
that was hours ago. i didn't go back to bed. i sat in my windowsill. i watched the snow fall. 
there was a faint knock on my door. it creaked open. it was my brother Jacques. he quietly said happy birthday. i noticed he had one hand behind his back. i hugged him. he handed me a small purple velvet box. inside was a necklace in the shape of an S with purple rhinestones in it. i squealed and hugged him again. he put it on for me. it was silent after that. a sound broke that silence. it was like a roar. not like a lions roar, but the roar of a creature that wasn't an animal. the bed in the next room creaked. the floor boards groaned. Mom and Dad burst in the room with the same confused expression. belle came in moments later. Dad went to the window. 
downstairs below, there were footsteps. Dad went to my door. he was about to open it but Mom put her hand on his arm and shook her head. Dad locked the door. something started to bang on my door.
"dad?"i said
"whats going on?"Jacques asked.
belle cried out.
Nookie was barking rapidly. Dad went to my window and opened it. "go,"he said. i went first. i stuck my foot into the cold wetness. my monkey slippers were instantly soaked. 
the banging stopped. we all looked at the door, waiting. nothing else happened. Jacques pulled me back in. Dad opened the door and Nookie ran out. i chased after her, calling her name. i stopped in the middle of the hall. where did she go? Nookie whimpered from somewhere. 
"nookie?"i said softly. around the corner there were more footsteps, and grunting. i slowly backed back down the hallway. 
A boy who had dark brown hair and flushed skin came around the corner. he looked vaguely familiar. he smiled. his teeth were stained with red cool-aide. no, it was blood. but i dont think it was Nookie's. i turned and ran to open belle's door. the doorknob caught on fire. i ran down to mine. Mom, Dad, Belle, and Jacques were gone. Did they leave without me? were they taken?
i turned around and the boy was there. i stumbled back and fell. the boy pinned down both my arms. he stared at me. i pleaded with my eyes. was he a real monster? a vampire? Or werewolf? Or something more? his eyes turned red-orange as he pulled his teeth back, revealing sharp red stained teeth. he moved his mouth right below my collar bone. my breathing quickened. my heart raced. i felt his teeth graze across my skin. For some strange reason, i wasn't scared. i know i know this boy. he looked at the picture that was on my nightstand and seemed to gaze at it.. it was a picture of me and my two best friends Travis and Drey. we were posing with Wolverine at Universal Studios. the boy looked back at me. that's when i recognized him. it was Drey.
"Drey," i breathed. 
he stood up and helped me up. there was another roar followed by a scream. Drey grabbed my arm and pulled me along with him none-too-gently. i couldn't keep up. he swept me into his arms-it would be romantic if we weren't in this situation- and flowed down the stairs. the front door caught on fire and melted instantly.


© 2013 crazywritingfreak


Author's Note

crazywritingfreak
ignore the capitalization problems. what do you think so far?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTS OF PERIODS WRITING BUDDY.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's good so far anyway, and I would like to help you edit your writing. You can send it to me before hand on gmail. or send me a message on here.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
1 Review
Added on March 21, 2013
Last Updated on March 24, 2013
Previous Versions


Author

crazywritingfreak
crazywritingfreak

MO



About
i like to dance and write. right now i am working on three different stories. i am funny crazy and smart. more..

Writing