The Revelations

The Revelations

A Chapter by C_theSurrealist
"

Secrets revealed.

"

“ Where am I?” I saw a paradise which is not familiar to me. There are chandeliers and red carpet on aisle. The place is full of shiny glasses.

“ You are in the place where you should be.” The royal fairy once said.

“ It is like a palace.” I amazed with the atmosphere of the place. I wandered of who are the royalties in this palace. My dream stayed in that setting until I finally awake.

I went to my classroom. I caught up to the time that our adviser is like demanding us to win in festival contest.

“ You lost in the contest because you never strive hard work. You always confident with yourselves yet there are contenders which are better than this class. Because of that, all of you will receive demerits in your grades.” Our adviser spoke a long sermon in front. Our class lost in the festival and ranked as the last placer.


“ We have a chance to win in other contest, right sir?” my one classmate said.

“ If you change, maybe.”

The star section swiftly goes down to the most bottom.  ‘Why is it happening?’

“ JC, what is our next event?” Emmanuel asked.

“ Science and Mathematics Convention. There is a contest of invention exhibit and mental math.” JC replied.

“ When is the event?”

“ Maybe on next week.”

They wanted to chase achievement for our section yet I still wander why my classmates are just going with the flow. They’re not such competitive students who are in the circle of duel.

The cat came again in front of me at the corridor.

“ My dear, you cursed your own section. Don’t you remember?” the royal fairy said.

“ I don’t remember. Why I will do that?”

“ You showered yourself of terrible things. When you lost in the election, you said you want to live your section in fear.”

“ No, I don’t remember anything about that!”

“ Because you said it in your dreams.” Thereafter she said that, the cat run away. I want to run also to follow her yet it is look like I’m insane if I do it.

‘ If she said the truth, maybe it is the reason why my section lost in its triumph.’

 

The day has come for my interschool competition of journalism. I and the other participants went to the other school as the venue. I did my very best yet I lost. Also me? Affected in the curse?

One day, I am searching for the cat to get back the curse. While I am looking for it, Alejandria, my classmate comes to me.


“ I just want to say something.” She said.

“ What?”

“ I am sorry if we push you down. JC is not the right leader for our class.”

“ What is the matter with JC?”

“ He cheated many times in exams, always depending on others, and he is treating us like a slave.” She explained.

“ So what?”

“ I want you to replace him. We’ll have protest.”

“ Alejandria, I don’t wish to have a protest in this section because it can build up an issue. If you ever choose the right leader at the first place, we’ll never experience these. It’s too late. I don’t want to join in your plans as always. Think for it.” I decided to decline her offer.

“ Okay. But… I want you still as a leader.” She walks out while she is speaking those soft words.

The cat came again at the corridor.

“ Hey! I need to get back the curse. Please get it back!” I beg.

“ The curse already removed Kaara.” The fairy said.

“ Oh thanks.”

“ You forgive them. That’s the right thing to do.”

The cat walks away. Then I returned back to the place where I stay while recess break. My adviser said something to me.

“ Kaara, let’s go to the library. You’ll have a training with Max and Mr. Armstrong.” He said.


“ Yes. Sure.” I followed him towards the library. Max is there.

I was introduced to Max as his alternate. He fully smiled at me and he’s looking crazy there.

“ What are you doing here?” Max is like nervous.

“ … “ I am speechless when I am in front of him. I don’t know what is the emotion I felt every time I see him. However, I am happy when I see him.

“ Kaara, welcome to our training. So whenever you have questions, you can visit me at the faculty room. Max can be your guide, treat him as your elder brother.” Mr. Armstrong said.

“ Huh? I am not that old to be elder Sir.” Max objected.

“ Oh I’m sorry Max. Hahaha. Let’s start.” Mr. Armstrong replied.

 Mr. Armstrong, known as the master of arithmetic in our school, taught us the techniques for the best way of computations.

“ Kaara, the Science and Mathematics Convention will held a mental math competition next week. Will you join?” Mr. Armstrong urged.

“ Yes. I’ll join.”

“ Sir, can I join?” Max intruded the conversation.

“ No, you’re overqualified for this kind of contest.” Mr. Armstrong madly said.

Max is entitled as the adroit, said to be the most excellent creature in this institution. Mr. Armstrong leaves for a while; he left us two behind immediately.

“ However, there’s an interschool competition for mental math, maybe soon.” Max stated.

“ Can I join in that contest also?” I said.

“ Yes, you can.”

After that short conversation, the teacher came. The training continued and it’s also the moment for the dismissal of the class.

The time passed by. It’s the mental math competition which competed by the sections. Hopefully, the representatives of our section included me become champions in this particular contest. The curse was totally disappeared cause the fate let us to feel this triumph.

“ I am seeing again this view. The palace full of shiny glasses where I should be. Hey royal fairy! Why I am here again?” I felt floating within my mind.

“ You’ll know soon.” The fairy replied.

I look at the red table in front, I see two crowns placed there.

“ Why there are two crowns there?”

“ Cause you are not the only one should be here.”

“ Who?”



© 2017 C_theSurrealist


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on May 3, 2017
Last Updated on November 3, 2017
Tags: secret, mystery


Author

C_theSurrealist
C_theSurrealist

Philippines



About
undisputed surrealist of artistry // a mathematician of beauty and algebraist of poetry // painter of the universe // soon to be a well-renowned engineer in the field of chemistry // ambitious and sub.. more..

Writing