Falling Apart

Falling Apart

A Chapter by C_theSurrealist
"

Break or Fall in Bliss?

"

“ You two will either break apart or fall. ” The fairy revealed.

“What do you mean?”

“ You’ll know it sooner.”

I can’t see her, I only hear voice in this field full of shimmering things. I still don’t know why I am here in this setting. There are school, park or mall but why in this palace?

I ignored again that dream. I entered the school and I was congratulated by my classmates. I gradually feel the warm of the way they treat me. Emmanuel suddenly poke me and talk.

“ I heard a news about mental math interschool competition. It will be held in the other city next month.” He said.

“ How do you know?”

“ Max told me.”

“ You know Max? How? In what way?” I can’t imagine that this kind of weird person met the adroit.

“ We live in the same village.”

Emmanuel, the weird nerdy boy in our class, is too much stressed about everything. Teased by everybody that’s why the only person he can trust is me…

“ Will you join the interschool contest?” I asked.

“ Yes. Of course.” He uttered.

 

Our adviser talked to me about the interschool competition next month. We’ll have a separate training for a few days until to the actual contest. I’ll represent the school with Emmanuel, Max and students in other levels.

Before the days of training, our institution held a foundation week. Booths, food parks and playoffs are the highlights of this event which are not interesting to me. I am walking in the corridor and I unexpectedly met Max.

“ Hi Kaara.”

“ … “ I can’t unleash any word to tell. I am speechless yet why he’s now greeting me?

I don’t say something. I look behind to see him walking back to his room. In a split second we met, it became special. It’s uncertain of what the feelings inside yet I ignored it. While Max is walking, I run to him and greet him also.

“ Oh hey. Congratulations!” I happily greeted.

“ … “ he is speechless.

As far as I know, his training bears a fruit when he won in the interschool academic contest. When I am greeting him, he’s the one who is mouth-zipped. By the way, I go back to my room. The cat is there.

“ There’s a paper and ball pen on your table.” The fairy said.

“ I see it. So what?”

“ Do the move.” She said and disappeared.

I am looking at the blank paper and a pen. I sit on my chair in front of those things. Thinking about the special things urges me to write a message on that paper.


“ It’s been a while when our souls met yet the days are running out. Someday we will separate ways. I am grateful that I have you. Thank you for inspiring me.”

I never write a name in it. I put it in an envelope and pass it to a stranger in the message booth.

“ Please give it to Leonard Jacobs.” I requested.

“ okay.” The stranger does the task.

On the other hand…

“ Bro! let’s visit the library to research.” Hathorne said.

“ Is that prohibited in foundation week?”

“ Uhmm… maybe we can research on the next day.” Hathorne responded.

The boy came.

“ Are you Leonard Jacobs?” the stranger asked.

“ Yes.” Calmly said.

“ Here’s a letter from an unknown person.”

He received the small letter with a doubt. He has no idea why he was given a letter.

“ What is that? A love letter bro?” Hathorne curiously asked.

The man is reading the content of the message and he smiled silently.

“ Hahaha you have secret admirer?” Hathorne reacted.

“ No, it isn’t a love letter bro yet I have an idea of who wrote this.”

The training started when the moment of the event had finished. We are solving equations with a twist, we’re like unscrambling formulas to surpass a problem.

Thereafter the training in interschool contest, Emmanuel often stays to wait Max. They’re together in dismissal. In that instance, I also stay to wait Max for no necessary reasons.

Emmanuel is stressed once again about the difficulty of the contest.

“ Kaara, can we make it?” he asked.

“ I can’t say a word about it.” I said.

“ I just want us to win. Please make it win this contest.”

“ I am trying my best.” When I said it, Emmanuel felt relieved.

Max came towards us from his training. I tried to open up a discussion with him.

“ Max, do you have a book about algebra?” I asked.

“ Yes, do you want to borrow it?”

“ Can I? When?”

“ Yes. You can borrow it tomorrow.” He offered.

The next day, I was surprised of what is happening. Max is waiting in front of my room for me. I head towards him and he gives me the book.

“ Here’s the book, Kaara.” He said.

“ When I will return this to you?”

“ Anytime you want.”

I am a little bit glad when I feel I am also special to him. One time…


“ Emmanuel, do you know something about Max?” I asked for some information.

“ Ah! I know something… he has a romantic interest with a girl you don’t know.”

“ What?! No way!” I trembled in shock. I can’t accept what I heard from him and my hands are like shaking.

“ Hahaha! just kidding. Are you jealous?”

“ Ahh. Uhmm… no.”

When I already know that it was all a joke, I feel calmness.

Maybe the fairy is true, it is either break apart or fall yet what occurred is…

I fell.



© 2017 C_theSurrealist


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on May 3, 2017
Last Updated on November 3, 2017
Tags: fall, love, break


Author

C_theSurrealist
C_theSurrealist

Philippines



About
undisputed surrealist of artistry // a mathematician of beauty and algebraist of poetry // painter of the universe // soon to be a well-renowned engineer in the field of chemistry // ambitious and sub.. more..

Writing