The Next Prodigy

The Next Prodigy

A Chapter by C_theSurrealist
"

the spirit of battle broke down, throne passed, and hopefully the palace will live peacefully...

"

It’s been late night when the social gathering event ends. Before I sleep, I open the letter.

“ Thank you for being a part of my life. I know you wrote the letter even you don’t admit it. You’re my eye candy, my princess, and my desire. Keep it up when you become a senior student.”

I can’t sleep after I read it. I stare at the letter and crown keychain, the emotions inside rise at the peak. I’m like insane cause I’m smiling alone on the bedroom.

Finally, I sleep.

“ Kaara, here.” It is Max’s voice. He gives me one of the two crowns in my dream. Max wears the other crown so he’s the owner.

I take the crown and put it on my head. My simple casual attire transforms into a glamorous long gown like a princess. We hold together the book and stand on the center of the palace.

“ You’re the next. I’ll pass this book to you that represents my reign.” Max said to me.

“ I don’t want to reign, I want us to reign.”

“ I surpass anything to be an adroit. I hope you will.” His words catches my heart.

“ I’m little bit tired of this battle… but I will surpass it because this is my ambition. So okay, I agree to reign as the next adroit.” I declared.

Max holds my hand and brings me to the throne. He allows me to sit on the throne.

“ My princess, keep it up to be the next adroit.” Max complimented.

“ Thank you, Max.”


I dreamed those happy memories. I wake up in a good rise.

I go to school and meet again the cat. I talk to it.

“ Why you’re here?” I asked to the royal fairy.

“ Hey Kaara! Are you talking with yourself?” Emmanuel is looking at me.

“ Ahh.. I am asking the cat of why she’s here.” I found some witty reason.

“ There’s no cat.” Emmanuel said.

“ Huh? There’s the cat in front of me.” I am pointing at the cat.

“ There’s no cat, I said.” Emmanuel replied and leaves.

I wonder why he said that. I encounter Max along the corridor and this is my chance to prove that there is a cat in front of me.

“ Max!” I called.

“ Kaara! Why?” Max said.

“ There is a cat right there. Am I right?” I said.

“ No, there’s no animal here in campus.” He replied.

“ What?”

“ Hey Kaara, what’s going on?” the royal fairy in cat’s body intruded.

“ They said you’re not here.” I whispered to her while Max is wondering of what I am doing.

“ Do you have hallucinations? You are whispering in the air.” Max said.

“ No, in the past few days I am always talking with that cat. In truth, she told me to write a letter for someone and I chose you.” I’m still proving myself.

“ Ah.. you’re hallucinating Kaara. Please accept it.” Max is defensing.

“ So the fairy is… only my imaginary perception?” I whispered to myself.

“ You’re overthinking always that’s why you imagine extraordinary things.” Max explained and then he is about to leave.

“ Wait!”

Max turned around and walks towards me.

“ So the social gathering last day is only my imaginary perception?” I asked.

“ No, that’s real because you’re my adroit princess.” Max’s final statement and he leaves.

 

After all these days, I realized the royal fairy is not real. The cat is also fantasy. Those are also myself, my conscience beyond my imagination. In addition, my emotions inside my heart controls everything within me of what to do like the letter and the curse. It’s just a coincidence that we just lost the contest yet not because of the royal fairy.

Our adviser announced something to our class about the result of whole year’s top students.

“ Class, I announce that there’s no such top one to top ten students. I’ll announce the students who got the deserving highest ranking. If you reach that highest ranking so you will be then.”

After our adviser declared the top-notchers  of our section. He wants to held an open forum in the room for our final message. I start to speak in front.


“I learned something in this school year. I discern to trust, to forgive and to be happy with all the happenings. I found out that school is not a battle ground which has a warriors who fight for one highest award, the top. I admit that I treated every year a circle of duel and treated you all as my contenders. I realized you’re my friends, my comrades. I’m so sorry. Even this happened, I’ll still do my best each and everyday.” I spoke it as my final message. My classmates applauded me. JC stands up suddenly.

“ I learned also something, it’s not to stress yourself to be always in top. I accept the fact that life will not place you at the heights, it will set you in bottom sometimes. I apologize if I become harsh with you classmates and I become selfish. So that’s all.” JC stated.

“ We forgive you JC.” Alejandria said.

“ So can we make this a change?” I said and smiled.

“ Yes we can! Let’s make it guys!” JC cheered to my classmates

As I immediately go outside the room, I meet Max there.

“ I heard your speech Kaara.” He said while he is clapping.

“ Oh you heard it.”


“ I concede the reality that I see every quizzes, seatworks, and exams as a battle ground. I treated my classmates as competitors. I become the adroit, said to be the excellent student yet I am not still glad because I don’t have many friends. Unlike you, you have bunch of buddies included me. Thank you for the realization. Make a change, be the next adroit of this school in a different way; without stressing yourself.” He said. He’s smiling.

At the end of the day, it’s a new beginning as a senior student. I know this is the chance to strive harder. As I accept the highest ranking of our level, I think that I made this so far because I believe and trust optimistically.



© 2017 C_theSurrealist


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on May 3, 2017
Last Updated on November 3, 2017
Tags: excellence, speech, battle, school


Author

C_theSurrealist
C_theSurrealist

Philippines



About
undisputed surrealist of artistry // a mathematician of beauty and algebraist of poetry // painter of the universe // soon to be a well-renowned engineer in the field of chemistry // ambitious and sub.. more..

Writing